IMDb > The Fifth Element (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 74: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Finally a decent Sci Fi movie.

Author: Jason Martin (maulder@foxinternet.net) from Portalnd, Oregon
11 October 1998

Well I have seen this movie 5 times now and each time I see it the more I like it. It seems it takes a while for a good Sci Fi flick to come around, and I honestly believe that the 5th Element was a great one. I would rank it easily in my top 5. I thought the story line was good and the special effects Great. The characters were pretty well developed and the cast was perfect. Really no complaints from me on this movie. I also think that Eric Serra did a great job on the Soundtrack to the movie. I think that is what helped make this movis so good in my opinion. I gave this a movie a 10!

Jason

kewl!

Author: Dawn (crazyevol@hotmail.com) from grand forks afb, nd
10 October 1998

I'm watching it now as i type this...i think this is a great movie. I've seen it over 20 times. I absolutely luv Milla Jovovich! First time i had ever seen her and she is amazing! It's just a great action film...

A fun film

Author: Eviltoad
9 October 1998

I know a lot of people think this movie preposterous yet I find that it's quite a fun film. I think it does get a bit silly at the end but still well worth watching. People feeling too critical towards it should just remember that film is mainly entertainment and that's exactly what this film is..entertainment.

I've seen this movie ten times!!!!

Author: Selene-2 from Washington, DC
4 October 1998

I've never been a huge fan of science fiction, so I watched this movie for the first time simply to spite a friend who said I'd like it. I was proven wrong. Not only is the Fifth Element visually stunning, it is very well presented in general. Bruce Willis does a wonderful job as the hero, and Gary Oldman is just...well...AMAZING!!! I definitely think it takes a special kind of actress to do what Milla Jovovitch did with the "divine language," totally disproving what I had thought of her after "Return to the Blue Lagoon." This is a great movie!

It's Elemental

Author: Robert Michael Flook (rflook@hotmail.com) from Cardiff, wales
3 October 1998

This movie was slated by the critics, why? Agreed it is not the greatest film in history, but it is still pretty good. The look into Willis' character is interesting to say the least, and has much more depth than any of the other gung ho people he has played. Gary Oldman is as usual brilliant as the films anti hero , no other actor can come close to his simplistic evil that oozes out of him in his films. Miro Sorrino is not bad in her first major movie, and does a decent enough job. A good storyline with a few loose ends but well worth a watch.

Once upon a time...

Author: Borko Baric from Zagreb, Croatia
30 September 1998

You have a brave knight in shiny armor. You have a beautiful princess. You have forces of darkness above world's future. And you have all that and more played in 23.century. ,,The Fifth Element'' is a beautiful fairytale, with lots of humour, spirit and flair. Plus, it looks tremendous, with special effects being truly spectacular. If somebody says that the plot is naive or even stupid, then that somebody has left his imagination and spirit somewhere in kindergarten. This is the best movie ever made for all those never-grown-up children in the world. Me included.

*faints suddenly*

Author: Tara-Kimberley Labus (tyrantlizard@geocities.com) from HappyWorldLand©
23 September 1998

*cough* You know... aside from a few little things which I found annoying (the President's acing skills, the President's speech, the President in general), I loved this movie. ... *pause* ... Then again, I don't actually see anything past Gary Oldman when I watch it... so that might be a bit of a cloud over my judgement. Heh heh heh...

It's campy and better than Star Wars

Author: Georgie-6 from Russellville, AR
21 September 1998

While I'm a big SW fan, I have found the Fifth Element far more enjoyable to watch. I think the story moves along better and the characters are vastly more entertaining to watch. As for the special effects, I was spellbounded by the vastness of the city. I didn't think the SFX overwhelmed the movie as most would say. It's a clever story, it's about love, the most powerful force in the universe. Anyone could possess it, unlike the Force of the SW triolgies.

STAR WARS for the 90s

Author: Frank Reese (kinglink@hotmail.com) from Conneticut, USA
19 September 1998

I believe that nothing can compare to Star Wars, but this is the closest anything has come, It has humor, fun, excitement, action, and 2 EVIL VILLAINS. It is a great movie, and on my top ten list always.

It really grows on you...

Author: Cheerios-2 from Villanova, Pennsylvania
18 September 1998

I must admit, the first time I saw, "The fifth element," I found it quite odd, yet as I thought about it more and more, I started to realize how truly unique it really is. Don't be discouraged by the first 20 minutes. You will be utterly confused, and think it's even BEYOND sci-fi, but as the plot thickens, you will be absorbed into the story. The movie, although primarily science fiction, contains elements of comedy (Chris Tucker), and a lot of action. Oh, and for the guys out there, my boyfriend reports that Milla Jovovich is the hottest of the hots (She is, after all, the "Perfect Being!" Happy watching, This movie ROCKS! :)