Event Horizon (1997)
-Sam Neill played Dr. Alan Grant in Jurassic Park (1993) and Jurassic Park III (2001).
-Laurence Fishburne played Morpheus in The Matrix (1999) and sequels.
-Jason Isaacs played Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) and sequels.
- The meeting scene between Weir and some people in charge of the mission where they talk about Event Horizon (dialogue from this deleted scene was included in theatrical trailer).
- More back story for Cooper and Justin (including much stronger explanation for why Justin enters the black hole). It was explained that greatest fear of Cooper was loosing someone close to him which is represented in the film by the unfortunate accident that claims Justin.
- Deleted love back story between Starck and Miller.
- Miller finds a ripped out tooth floating around in Event Horizon.
- More scenes explaining what exactly gateway to hell/black hole is.
- Longer version of the scene where Peters hallucinates her son with his legs all mangled with maggots all over them.
- After Justin almost died and is inside the water tank, Weir has hallucination where Justin turns into his wife Claire who comes out and looks at him; this scene was included in first two test screening versions of the movie but it didn't made it into the final cut.
- Scene where Weir remembers his wife Claire committing suicide was also longer and bloodier.
- The infamous "bloody orgy" video was also longer. Parts which are still in the scene, like one of the crew members sticking his fingers deep into other one's eyes, and a female crew member sodomizing male crew member with iron pipe, were even more violent in original version of the scene. There were also lot more shots of Event Horizon crew naked and covered in blood having violent sex and raping and eating each other, more graphic version of the scene where man pulls his intestines out of his mouth, one crew member is held and stabbed in back of the head with spike and part of his mouth and teeth drops out, other crew member is crawling on floor while others are hitting his legs with steel bars smashing them to pieces as he screams and is crawling away leaving pieces of his legs behind, one girl has screws drilled into her teeth, other girl is held while her arm is broken with hunk of metal, one more girl has her breasts mauled and then ripped off by another crew member, some other parts of the scene were also cut. Reason why this scene disturbed test audience is because filmmakers, in order to make the scene look more realistic and therefore lot more violent, hired real life amputees for special effects scenes where Event Horizon crew members had their body parts damaged in many ways, and porn actors were hired to make the sex and rape scenes more graphic. According to producer Jeremy Bolt and director Paul W.S. Anderson, some audience members during screening of rough cut of the movie started fainting while watching this scene.
- The scene where Miller finds D.J cut open and hanging was longer and it had more shots of his guts on the table.
- The scene where the cryo-chamber is filling with blood originally had a part where Weir's hand pounds against the glass from inside and smashes the chamber letting the blood out; then as Cooper is helping Starck to escape, a mutilated and naked Weir is climbing from a ladder upside-down behind them.
- Originally in the scene where Miller fights with possessed Weir there was a part where Weir gives, what director Paul Anderson referred to as "The Old Testament Speech" to Miller and tells him that "dimension of pure chaos" is actually hell.
- The "Visions of Hell" sequence during the final fight between Miller and Weir was also longer and it had more shots of Event Horizon crew members being tortured.