IMDb > Destination Anywhere (1997) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Destination Anywhere (V) More at IMDbPro »

Touching...

Author: pinckaa from Lithuania
25 November 2006

very emotional movie! a loved it. at the beginning it was a bit confusing, but i really enjoyed it all. Jon Bon Jovi was perfect in this film. and the music was perfect, sometimes it looked like a music clip. the plot is a bit depressing ... very touching ... i would watch it 10 times and i will never get tired of it. i like movies when the plot is very mysterious, when you think what happened in some parts of the movie, and this short movie is just like this. especially i recommend this short movie to all JBJ fans, he looks nice in this movie and proves that he can actually act, and his music really fits for this movie..just great... 10/10

A must-see for Jovi fans!

Author: Weet Bix from Birmingham, England
3 May 1999

Destination Anywhere is a great example of a collaboration of a group of friends. Kudos to Mark Pellington and Jon Bon Jovi for putting it together in such a short time. I doubt this would be very good for non-Jovi fans, however, it could be dubbed a long music video.

Great!

Author: Marcin Data (tasior@cavern.com.pl) from Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland
16 September 1999

Well... I must say I was amazed when I saw this one! I thought it would be some kind of background to Jon's songs. But not - it's a great short movie - I'd love to see it in the cinema. The story is quite complicated (at the beginning you don't know what has actually happened). And those actors: Jon (of course), Demi, Whoopi, Kevin... You must see it!

A great idea but never really delivers.

Author: Debbie Williams (Thea-8) from Oxford, England
4 January 2001

This is a great idea from a musician determined to prove how serious he is about his acting career. Perhaps spurred on by his faultless performance in "The Leading Man", Jon Bon Jovi has taken on the lead role in a film which is a refreshing alternative to the formulaic Hollywood movies that the industry seems to be flooded with. With a genuinely interesting plot, brilliant direction and masterful use of the sound track that inspired it, this film is well worth watching. However, Bon Jovi appears to be out of his depth here, giving an often unresponsive performance, the relationship between the lead characters seems underdeveloped and the tension in the claustrophobic flat is never fully exploited. The ensemble doesn't really gel, and in places we get the impression that it's a rushed job. To be fair, this is an interesting piece of student drama from Bon Jovi. We can only speculate what he could have made of this project a few years down the line.

Must-See!

Author: Jubilee-3 from Phillipsburg, New Jersey
20 April 1999

This was the best flick I've seen Demi Moore in in a long time. True, it came out in 97, but I taped it off MTV, so it will always stay fresh in my heart.