IMDb > A Deadly Vision (1997) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Deadly Vision (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Good psychic/thriller with Kristin Davis.

Author: Brian-272 from Oakwood, Virginia USA
6 May 2001

I know this TV movie as A Deadly Vision I remember it airing on ABC and I just watched it recently on Lifetime. "Sex and the City" star Kristin Davis stars as a waitress who has psychic visions of murders before they happen and as serial killings are developing she is asked by the police to help assist in the investigation. In the final 15 minutes the drama is high as Kristin is held captive by the serial killer, Kristin is taped to a chair you name it tape all the way around her arms, hands, legs, and yes the mouth to keep her quite. Never worry like many TV movies with happy endings she breaks free and puts a bullet to end the terror of the serial killer. Good movie to catch sometime on Lifetime especially if you like Kristin Davis it really does showcase her well.

Frankly I prefer vinyl but I suppose CD's will have to do.

Author: sol from Brooklyn NY USA
5 August 2008

**SPOILERS** Having developed extrasensory perception as a young girl when she saw her father, a fireman, appear at her bedside the very moment he was killed, in a raging fire miles away, Babette Watson, Kristin Davis, has always been considered weird. Not just by her friends but her very religious, in the Catholic faith, mother Yette, Hllen Burstyn.

It's when Babette starts to see, in a number of visions, a faceless serial killer doing in a number of young women, before he actually does it, that she gets the attention of young handsome and a bit confused, in Barbette's ability to see the future, Det. Max Seagle, Matthew Settle. This leads to Max to not only fall in love with the lovely and very religious, she refuses to go to bed with Max because she's still single as well as a virgin, Babette but end up in the cross-hairs, or switchblade knife, of the killer who sees him as a rival for Babettes love.

Like in most of these films about a psychic trying to help the local police in solving crimes Babette is treated as a loony and wacko by the cops, that includes chief homicide detective Salvatore DeVinci played by Peter Boyle, she's trying to help! This despite giving them very important information,that Det. DeVinchi and his men laughed off, that could have well prevent two or possibly three murderers by the serial killer!

There's a number of false leads and suspects in this string of serial killings that go on and on that keeps you on your toes for almost the entire length of the movie. But it's when the killer finally appears it's about as surprising as as the sparrows flying, which they've done since time immemorial, back north to Capistrano in April. Even though his identity, he's only knows as "The Killer" in the credits, comes as a total surprise!

The person-Matt & Matthew Ross-who plays the nameless killer seemed to have done such a great job in playing him that he in fact gets two, not your usual one, different credits in the movie! With two different first names and two entirely, one that picks up where the other left off, different sets of credits in the films he was in!

We get the usually obligatory and whacked out speech by the killer in trying to clarify his strange actions,to both Babette and those of us watching in the audience, before he's finally done in for good. Yet with all the twists and turns as well as unconnected surprises in the movie I still expected something to happen until the closing credits started rolling!

P.S I was a bit surprise at the very striking resemblance of actor Matthew Settle, who played Det. Seagle, to the late and tragic, he died at age 41 of AIDS, Brad Davis. For a while I thought that it was Davis not Settle who was in the movie until I read the films credits on the IMDb.

Watch it for Ellen Burstyn

Author: Lawson from Singapore
5 May 2001

The highlight of this movie is Ellen Burstyn's role as a fire-and-brimstone mom who preaches the evils of "fornication" to her daughter, who she's constantly accusing of sleeping with the detective. Kristin Davis, however, comes across as a whiny psychic whose powers are dubious, though the movie is supposedly about said powers. Peter Niven, the cute son of David Niven, plays wimpy well enough here to make you wonder if he's actually that wimpy in real life.

just a comment

Author: vlholden52 from United States
31 October 2008

I thought I would watch this; it was on LMN. At first I thought the movie might be based on a novel I had read. I then noticed a local anchorwoman playing an anchorwoman. I continued to watch and said I bet this was something made in Kansas City. I noticed a few local places and the Rockhill Express Bus. Someone made a comment about Peter Niven in the movie. He used to go by Kip Niven and his dad's name may be David but it isn't David Niven, the actor. Kip is from the Kansas City area. The movie is mediocre or slightly below mediocre. Although Ellen Burstyn is in it, her role as the overzealous Catholic mother was sort of a Piper Laurie from Carrie. Also Peter Boyle had a role in it. I just wanted to see some of the locals in the movie. Other than that, not much to watch although Matthew Settle isn't too bad to look at.

Pretty much worthless

Author: americangrl14 from USA
1 October 2001

The only redemptive feature of this made-for-TV movie is the fact that it contains a performance by Ellen Burstyn. It is sad to see that talented, Academy Award winning former superstar reduced to doing trash like A Deadly Vision (or Murder in Mind, depending). It features a hokey, predictable, overdone plot and laughable writing. Even Ms. Burstyn can't save this sinking ship. Watch it only if you are a diehard Kristin Davis fan, but this is far from her best work.