IMDb > ¿De qué se ríen las mujeres? (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The three sisters, not by Chekov!

Author: jotix100 from New York
5 August 2006

When Carlos, Luci's husband die in a terrible street hit and run accident, little did his wife know who he really was and what a womanizer he turned out to be. Luci, who can't make the spirit of her late husband leave her alone, decides to join her other two siblings in a cabaret act in Benidorm, a summer resort.

Each of the three ladies is going through a difficult problem. Aside from Luci, Graci, who is an actress, has no luck in landing a role in "The Seagull". Mari, who is being pursued by Claudio, realizes her life with him would be horrible. In spite of all their problems, the three sisters get to have a great time in the wonderful Costa del Sol's summer.

This mildly funny comedy, directed by Joaquin Oristrell, has some good moments. Veronica Forque, Candela Pena, and Adriana Ozores, are seen as the three sisters. A bland Jorge Sanz plays the man in Candela Pena's life without displaying any emotions. Jordi Bosch plays Carlos, the dead man that has decided to come back to haunt Luci. Angel Andres Lopez has some funny moments as Claudio who is having an affair with Mari.

The movie shows Benidorm in all its splendor.

A very pleasant romantic comedy.

Author: vilj-1 from United States
1 February 2009

This will be more of a commentary than a review of the film. Since the movie was released in 1997 and as of today (February 2009) it had only 80 rates on the IMDb ratings, I don't think it will be read by many, therefore, I will be brief. The film, to me, was a very pleasant romantic comedy that kept me entertained for the almost two hours of duration. I liked everyone in the excellent cast, and the female actors were all very attractive. I have seen many, Hollywood-romantic-comedies that couldn't compare with this one, but many give them a higher rating because they are Hollywood-made. I watched this film in its original language (Spanish). Perhaps it loses some of its charms with subtitles. I enjoyed the film tremendously and I guarantee you that if you rent it, you'll enjoy it and have a few laughs. It was funny, great actors and a super soundtrack. I am glad I saw it.