IMDb > Circle of Deceit (1998) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Circle of Deceit (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Typical Movie of the Week thriller

Author: Stefanie from East Coast
6 May 2002

Fans of the "I am woman, see me become victimized" will like this movie. For the most part, these movies can teach women how to deal with lying, cheating, psychopathic husbands, best friends, etc. There are some edge-of-the-seat moments, but not enough. Only the main character has development beyond the one dimensional.

One of the WORST movies ever

Author: guilfisher-1 from New York City
5 January 2007

I'm on the side of those that didn't like this female film. On LMN, the women only channel, the male folks are forced to watch this drivel. This done in 1998, written by a woman, naturally, Karen Clark, and directed by Alan Metzger, who must have been under the influence of Clark. Terrible, terrible. And I'm definitely not a Janine Turner fan for I thought she seemed to walk through this with one look on her face - duh! The fact that she can sneak around, in and out of many places, and not get caught, boggles the mind. Major office buildings, private offices, private homes, in and out of closets, major hospitals and parking garages, you name it. She gets in and out and achieves nothing. Maybe she took invisible pills? Anyway, I didn't like her acting and she should have that mole removed. Distracting.

Among the remaining cast is Esai Morales, as the husband, who doesn't have a chance, surrounded with women writers, actors and bad director. There's also Tracy Griffith, who annoyed the heck out of me with her whining. And unfortunately Joanna Cassidy, an actress I admire, is forced to partake in this loser. Come on, Joanna, be wiser in your choices of roles and films. You're too god.

Once more LMN down rates the male sex and makes the victims the poor picked upon female. Boo hoo.

Overrated Thriller!

Author: BreanneB from United States
3 May 2005

I give this movie no stars. It was an absolutely terrible overrated thriller.

Spoilers coming up! The wife is deceive by her asshole husband, who cheates on her with her slutty best friend. She tries to have her husband killed. Her sleazy defense lawyer husband who think he can just win custody of their son. The woman dyes her hair, fakes her own death and runs away. Then in the end the mistress and husband get killed.

I did not like or enjoy this movie at all. I could not wait for it to be over with.

I like Janine Turner, Joanna Cassidy and Esai Morales. They are the only ones who gave good acting performances.

Bad Thriller!

Author: mmindy4 from United States
29 March 2005

I did not think this movie was worth anything bad script, bad acting except for Janine Turner, no fantasy, stupid plot, dumb-ass husband and unfair divorce settings. If you have never seen this movie before don't even bother it's not worth it at all. The only thing that was good about it was that Janine Turner, did a good job acting. Terry's husband is a stuck up smart-ass defense attorney who has won a lot of cases and even gotten guility murderers off. He think he is so smart but he is really just a nut. Her best friend has an affair with her husband and betrays her. Nice girl huh. Yeah she's a real peach, not. She's no day at the beach either.

He Got It In the End...

Author: suzyqfd from Florida, USA
24 October 2003

Spoiler!!! I don't think the previous review is totally accurate, it's a formula film for this kind of genre. The character of the best girlfriend/husband's girlfriend was very typical..but, I liked seeing the husband get it in the end!

One of the worst thrillers ever

Author: Oyster-6 from Breda, The Netherlands
15 July 2002

Woman with wig, who "dyes" her hair in the middle of the film (=takes of wig) presumably does not see what the audience can see from miles away:

*** begin spoiler alert *** that her hubby is having an affair with her best girlfriend and they both try get rid of her. *** end of spoiler alert ***

And what a spoiler that was: the title already gives it away, doesn't it? Bad acting, bad script: waste of time Oh yeah: in the end, she lives happily ever after....

If you liked this movie, you'll really love "Cannibal women in the Avocado Jungle of Death"....

Janine Turner & Esai Morales gave Great Performances

Author: whpratt1 from United States
28 December 2005

This was a very entertaining film with all kinds of struggles going on between a husband and wife and their little boy. The husband is played by Esai Morales, (Jeff Silva),"American Virgin",'00, who also starred as Lt. Tony Rodriquez, on NYPD Blue TV '93. His wife is Janine Turner,(Terry Silva),"Birdie & Bogey",'04, who is very charming and pretty and I really cannot see why Jeff has to find another hot to trot chick to take care of his needs. Jeff plays a very nasty guy who will stop at nothing to get his own way and really has no soul or human concern for others, except HIMSELF. The film will keep you glued to the screen and it is well produced with a great cast of actors.

The Greatest Movie Ever!

Author: orexoticscenery from San Diego, CA
7 July 2004

Janine Turner's amazing acting, the suspenseful plot, & the great characters make this movie one of the best ever! The ending is perfect, the music is excellent and very fitted to the film, & Janine Turner dazzles viewers with her incredible acting.

You don't want to miss this movie!!!

It airs on Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network every once in a while.

Go to TV-now.com, click on Stars, type in Janine Turner, & it will tell you when this movie is airing in the next month.

Although it is not very well-known, Circle of Deceit is one of the best movies ever; a hidden gem!