IMDb > Born Into Exile (1997) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Born Into Exile (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Best romance about youths love that I have ever seen.

Author: natalia1818 from Warsaw, Poland
28 December 2001

I saw this movie yesterday.It's one of the best love stories ever. Except a beautiful romance it touches a big problem of home-running and I think all parents should see it.It shows how important is listening to the children.If her mother easily talked to her she would never run away.

A REAL love story

Author: Kiri Mackenzie (kiri_mackenzie@hotmail.com) from Napier, New Zealand
4 March 1999

This movie showed all aspects of a young couple, Holly and Chris, forced to run away together to LA, and live on the streets where they encounter prostitution, drugs and the hard side of life. Meanwhile Holly's mother is trying to find them and come to terms with how she will handle the situation without losing her daughter. A great movie that doesn't cut the unpleasantries of living on the streets and the importance of having someone to love.

WHAT A GREAT MOVIE!!!

Author: Gina (joeykat78@aol.com) from CT
21 September 2001

I just fell in love with this movie!! It is one of the greatest made for Tv movies that i have ever seen. I recently got to see it on Lifetime, unfortunetly i did not catch the beginning. I have been waiting hopelessly to catch it on Tv again so i can tape it. I have searched the internet high and low to find it available on vhs, but have had no luck. This is just a great movie..I laughed,I cried, i just really enjoyed this film..eveyone should see it, they will fall in love with it as much as i did.

You can't always just "get a job".

Author: idramaqueeni from United States
15 September 2005

In response to Guil Fisher's comment, I just wanted to point out that young people in this situation cannot always get a "normal" job so easily. They have no address, no personal information that they can reveal and fake names. I mean, sure, places that need people to wash dishes may not always really care about who is working for them and whether it is legitimate or not, but a lot of places do. It's not always that simple to just "get a job", and even if they found one, what kind of money would they be making? Not much. I'm not trying to say that prostitution or drug dealing should be excused or the answer to everything, but that is why it's done. Because kids have no other options.

An amazing movie

Author: Sarah White from Toledo, Ohio
7 July 2003

Born Into Exile is a great movie And Chris And Holly are a great couple.It was a great made for television movie.All in all,I give it a 10 out of 10 And it is a movie that I can't stop thinking about.

A film that I can't stop thinking about... even many years later!

Author: Skye from Victoria, Canada
28 August 2001

This was one of the most memorable films I've ever seen. It was such a dramatic, real-life story told about two lost youths. They were trying to find their place in life, but ran into difficulties along the way that made them the best of friends. I saw this film years ago and I still can't get it out of my head, and neither would you!

I Thought I was the only person who saw this....and liked it!!

Author: Tony Griessel (pjtony10@aol.com) from Elizabethtown, Kentucky
1 June 2000

I don't think I've seen this movie in like 3 years, when it debuted on TV. But its a movie that I havent forgotten. I remember feeling so depressed at one point during this movie and then happy the next. One of the better TV movies I've seen. I only wish I could see it again.

amazing

Author: yucasta from Israel
24 December 1999

well, i saw it like yesturday night, and i know its an old movie, but i just loved it so much, i cried, smiled, and just fell totaly inlove with Cris (Mark-Paul Gosselaar), anyway, you gotta see it, but alone, so you can cry and get in it, as much as you want!!! i donno if its just me and how movies just effect me, but i love those kinds of movies, defently worth seeing!!!!!!!!!

This is a surprisingly really good movie.

Author: smbius from United States
5 September 2005

I don't watch a lot of TV...especially TV movies from the Lifetime Network. However, when I caught this movie with only a few minutes into it, I felt compelled to watch it. I'm usually very skeptical of TV movies but this one had a very interesting story to it. It was captivating. Of course, it doesn't have the clearness and clarity it has that are expected of professional A+ movies but the writing, story and acting was more than strong enough to keep me watching. I ended up putting things down just to check out the rest of the movie. Gina Phillips and Save by the Bell's Mark Paul Gosselaar work well together on screen. Gosselaar knows how to act desperate. The movie teaches how desperation and evil can collide. The movie is also well directed and makes a point on survival as well. Aside from the commercials, the pacing of the movie was well done. Much like other Lifetime Network movies, you'll see some familiar faces. It's a great overall movie i'm hoping to see on DVD one day.

radford castro radcastro.com

I loved this movie!!

Author: ac_aka_analaura from Canada
17 June 2005

Yes it may be cheesy and overdone but it made me ball most of the time. The sensitivity of the acting and characters was amazing. I wish to one day own this movie and have it in my permanent movie collection. The movie had so many moments that had you hoping the best for these two young people. Born Into Exile came out at a time when TV movies were starting to really show what young people were thinking and feeling and I watched them all and enjoyed most of them. There was Dying to Belong also and She cried No and there were many more that I wish that I could add to my movie collection. The thing is that now any TV movie that comes out you can probably get it in stores but back than it didn't happen as much but I hope it does soon.