The Avengers (1998)
- In the opening sequence Emma Peel is working at Prospero Weather Base with her husband Peter Peel and his brother Valentine Peel. All the scientists are dealing with climatic changes. Peter gives Emma a ring. Shortly thereafter the base is blown up. Peter and Valentine are killed in the explosion but Emma barely makes it out alive.
- The main villain is not named De Winter but Merriweather.
- During the course of the plot, Emma has sporadic visions with Peter talking to her. This stresses the question if she is delusional or not and if she has a split personality.
- The murder attempt scene does not take place during a snow blizzard but at a desert. This increases the hallucinating atmosphere and makes Steed more confused after waking up, wondering if this incident was a dream or not. Evil Emma was of course riding a camel during the attack.
- During the final scenes Emma confronted Father in a massive room full of giant mirrors.
- In the finale it was revealed that the evil mastermind was Valentine Peel in disguise. He had staged his death, was the culprit behind the explosion and killed Peter because he wanted the ring which contained important information about the weather. In an attempt to trick Emma, Valentine initially appears as disguised Peter in order to deceive her to hand him the ring. All the visions that Emma had were staged by Valentine.