IMDb > "Sunset Beach" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Sunset Beach"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Sunset Beach" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

The best soap opera ever!

Author: anonymous
21 December 1998

Sunset Beach is the best soap-opera ever! It has great actors like Sarah Buxton, Kathleen Noone, Clive Robertson, Eddie Cibrian and Susan Ward, and the storyline keeps you watching day after day. The show has also lots of hot guys...

Potential drug

Author: mads leonard holvik (madsholvik@hotmail.com) from Norway
17 August 1999

My mother and my grandmother and some of their friends watch this show every day. Its probably a potential time consumer. The division between who to like and who to hate is very clear here, its like a modern fairytale. Spelling knows this of course, but considering how early it is aired here in Norway and how un- known the actors are, this will continue to be a niche production. I like it a tiny bit just because Randy Spelling looks funny, and they have a sub plot involving a congressman Blythe sex offending a young woman. Is Aaron Spelling a republican, and does anyone know that Clintons real name is William Jefferson Blythe III? My grandmother for sure doesnt!

Loved the show

Author: usersince03 from United Kingdom
6 September 2013

I first got into this show in 1999 the year it ended, I would watch it now and then but started to get into it when it was thought Gregory was dead.

Watching old episodes on the Internet I have to laugh at some of the scenes like some of the lines or some of these fantasy's. There are some story's that were over the top e.g Annie giving Olivia some potion to make her drink again.

There are some character's I was never crazy about A.J, Sara, Casey, Gabby. I was disappointed at the fact that Gregory married Annie, she was an interesting character but I liked Gregory and Olivia better as a married couple.

Put Sunset Beach on the web!!!

Author: civicluver07 from United States
18 October 2009

I absolutely loved Sunset Beach! I've been looking around online to see if I could get a hold of some episodes on DVD or something so I could watch it again... And the only place I've been able to find any at all was in the UK! Now i realize it would be difficult and expensive to put over 750 episodes onto DVD's for sale... but what if they just put it on the web? Or re-aired it on a channel like Soapnet? No offense to 90210 lovers but they've got the old episodes of that on Soapnet and Sunset Beach is a far better show! I don't understand why so many people believe that this show was a failure in the US. Look at how many nominations and awards it received in three years... not to mention that it was actually on for three years. How many TV shows are failures and still last for 750+ episodes? Moonlight lasted what 14 episodes? And how many other shows have been canceled half way through their first season? Those were failures (even tho Moonlight was awesome!) So why does the UK get access to re-watch this amazing show but those of us who loved it in the US are completely out of luck? NBC, Spelling Productions, Paramount, whoever it is that has the rights to this show should seriously consider releasing it on the internet.

I cried when the Sunset came for Sunset Beach

Author: surferdudea1904 from United Kingdom
18 October 2008

Listening to that fantastic theme tune from Sunset Beach on Youtube just brought my mid teenage years flooding back. Criminally I spent the summer of 1999 and 2000 glued to this show on Channel 5 in the UK.

On a daily basis we were greeting with a plethora of dumb characters and cartoon baddies. The commentator on Channel 5 in the UK would give names to each of the characters: Dim Tim, Smeg, Thicardo, Gobby, Father Fit, Evil Ben, Collagen Annie (who remembers those huge lips?).

The story lines became increasingly crazy. They ranged from ancient curses on jewels, voodoo curses causing really bad eczema, babies stolen from drugged mothers, evil twin brothers, Ben being locked in a basement for about 2 months and never having to shave, Annie meeting her father in hell. We laughed, we frowned as we lost track of plot lines and marvelled the perfect bodies all the cast had - even Aunt Bett! Fan status here in the UK became so great that when the shows cancellation was announced some people started a letter writing campaign. They tried to run repeats a few years back - but part of the magic seeing those episodes for the first time in 1998 was that we didn't know where the craziness was going to go next. This was the days before internet spoilers - you didn't know how things were going to turn out. Watching repeats just didn't have the same magic.

Total nostalgia kick - if they ever release it on DVD I reckon I would be tempted to buy it.

SB on DVD

Author: jalalaliyu
4 March 2007

Hi SB fans, We really miss SBits so bad, its good!!! My favorite characters are the bad guys Eddie, Derek, i also like good old Bette, Annie, Cole and Ricardo. I love/hate Meg and Ben is cool!!Luckily lately its available on DVD, i have a lot of episodes on DVD and will trade with any one who also has them on DVD,I have episodes from the first year 1997, and the second year 1998,I have the Babyswitch, Terror Island, Shockwave and the Rosairo jewels plots, the episodes i am looking for are those from the final year 1999. Email me: jalalaliyu@hotmail.com if u want to trade or buy!!. So don't hesitate, get in touch please!!!!! Sunset Beach lives for ever!!

the best of the best...

Author: stillpaulapaula from United Kingdom
17 August 2006

sunset beach was one of the best TV soaps that was ever aired on our TV screens!!the story lines were great!the acting was brilliant!!and it had the sexy Lesley-Anne down!!some of the best story lines is the "terror Island" story, and the earthquake/tsunami story were several characters were trapped on land under the rubble and then others trapped on a ship which a large wave had capsized, which was caused by the earthquake! one of the others was the two murder mysteries that showed us the murder of Del Douglas and the seductress Francesca Vargas who in a surprise twist was one of the main characters Gregory Richards. the worst thing they ever did was axe the show. the show was gripping, romantic, funny and also a bit over the top. but still i loved it, you loved it, and we will always love it.....

SB on DVD?????

Author: sophiewessberg from Sweden
5 July 2006

I first started following the show in 98', when I was going trough a really difficult time. No other show has come to mean so much to me. Sure, SB is no master piece, and it has certain obvious flaws, but at a time when I needed shelter anywhere I could find it, it kept me sane and gave me somewhere to regain my confidence.

Anyway - someone told me you could buy the episodes on DVD in England, but he didn't tell me where. Does anyone know? I have looked for episodes in Sweden, but there doesn't seem to be any. Plus, my video refused to let me tape any episodes - especially not the ones with Ben and Meg in them.

e-mail me at: sophiewessberg@hotmail.com

I Love the show it rocks my socks!!!

Author: green_tic-tac_baby1175 from Canada
3 July 2006

I love the show sunset beach, I'm 14 years old right now I use to watch it ever since i was 10. I was so flipping mad when the show ended! It was my all time favorite soap Oprah of all time it still is. The stories are so frikin amazing! And the guys are so frikin hot!! loll :P.. I ADORE the theme song! Every time the theme song would play at the end , I would always imagine that I was at sunset beach!..the song is perfect for the show! ( good job the guy who came up with the theme song .. it ROCKS)... well I just wanna say that the show was awesome while it lasted and all the actors and producers and directors and the whole entire cast and crew were fantastic/awesome/amazing/perfect/sweet/talented!! k well I'm guna go now .. sorry about the horrible spelling and gramair. you all rock my socks!.. PS. I really miss the show..:(

i miss it!

Author: eriosu from United States
26 April 2006

I started seeing this show when I came down with the chicken pox in the fall of 1998. I was a bored eleven year old girl with nothing better to do and this show was completely fantastic. I remember tuning in and Passions was on and I was like... what? Even though I watch Passions, I'd trade it for Sunset Beach. I figure, it's too late to bring it back but that was the most interesting soap I've seen in my life.

I actually felt connected to the characters, my favourite story line being that of Gabi and Antonio. Oh, the drama.

The tragedy of my life is... all the shows I love get canceled.

They should release the episodes on DVD.

Page 3 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]