IMDb > "Port Charles" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Port Charles"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Port Charles" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

port Charles and the real cast

Author: suzan28 from toronto
26 September 2006

why are none of the real players listed on the cast list..the ones that are listed..i don't' even remember them..cop number one..i mean who was that..and that person that you listed as the avatar...who was he exactly....the avatar wasn't' played by him.....it was played by one of the original cast members.

where are the names of Michael Easton Lynn Herring Kelly Monaco and others like them..

Eddie Matos...has now joined GH...

i mean why aren't any of these people listed thorsten kaye you're doing a great disservice to the cast that was great and shined in it's brief run..

susan

Hey Now

Author: (flagchick88@hotmail.com) from Texas
23 May 2003

Hey now If you watch Port Charles for the drama and loving and kissing then you need to start watching a new soap opera and quit hating on pc I happen to find the vampires angels and avitars awesome. I love the suspense that you get from watching them. I find myself yelling at the TV quite often I even get mad at the characters and hold grudges against them. I am currently mad at Caleb for kissing Alison and also at Joshua and his pet Frank... Why did he have to mess with Amanda and Jamal? But anyway Port Charles, in my opinion, has changed for the better.

~Amanda~

i think this is the best show ever

Author: PCalebMarshall from California
23 June 2003

okay i really dont understand why people dont like the vampires.. i mean theres Caleb and hes so sexy. I love this show sooo much and watch it everyday.. besides sat and sun when its not on. the plot is really good and i have been watching this show since like 1998 and they did decide to do a lot of like supernatural stuff but its interesting and entertaining. plus you have jamal.. caleb.. jack.. on the show what more do you want? im really disappointed that more people dont watch this show because its totally awesome. all of you who dont like this show that okay.. cuz ur just missing out

-L. Mathers :) **eminem is hot**

This show was screwed from the begining!

Author: tresjolie9 from NY
24 February 2002

I hate to say this, but from its inception in 1997, the show had been screwed.

First off, I heard that ABC was actually planning a "spin off" with two other characters from GH, Ned and Lois....a silly but fun couple on GH.

The show was supposed to take place in Brooklyn...

However; that fell through, so GH decided to use its other "silly couple" Kevin and Lucy. One problem....the characters and couple's history was not as developed, which quickly became evident in the first few months of the show! Kevin and Lucy were a comic relief, twice a week attraction during their days on GH. On PC, they got old very rapidly.

The other problem with the show from the inception was the interns. From the get go, all but two of them, (Chris and Eve) were dull and disgustingly sweet! Some, such as Karen, were recasts, with little resemblance to the original Karen on GH, because of this, I didn't buy her as Karen, or care about the character! Its interesting because of all the original interns LEFT on the show, only Chris and Eve are still there after 5 years!

The writers quickly caught onto these first two "inceptional problems" and spent the second two months trying to fix them! They killed off some of the initial interns, (anyone remember Jake?) gave some contrived prior histories (Matt a gangster, and Julie a murder) and recasted the rest, (Joe and Karen) hoping to make them "less sweet." To combat the Lucy/Kevin problem, they decided to BREAK THEM UP. Now I didn't mind them breaking up, but they ended up shoving a new, absolutely INTOLERABLE couple down our throats, the infamous Kevin and Eve. In the process of the infamous "K'eve" they completely destroyed the character of Kevin! They had him doing things like singing Karaoke in bars, and making love in a toystore, things that the Kevin from GH would NEVER be doing!

Eventually the show deteriorated into "psychic espionage" at which point I gave up and never looked back! I'm glad I did too, because later on they imported some teens for a "teen storyline" then "vampires."

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]