IMDb > "Perversions of Science" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Perversions of Science" More at IMDbPro »

good series

Author: Mark Marcon from canada
8 February 2006

I totally disagree with the reviewer who called this show garbage. I can find 100 other garbage shows out there. A good sci-fi anthology that should get a DVD release. I have several episodes on tape and the production values and the sexy droid are very innovative. Actually the show was ground breaking and deserves better. The animation and the subject content of sex and violence was taken from the New Outer Limits format and style. It is surprising that the show was canceled and along with Spicy City needs a DVD release. So much garbage and little quality is out there. I would like to see more in this style and it is certainly superior to others in the genre.

One of the best shows on HBO!

Author: Ivan Ravenous (IvanRavenous@hotmail.com) from California
7 December 2001

"Perversions of Science" was one of the most interesting shows I've ever seen. The episodes were very diverse and always refreshingly strange. My favorite (called "Dream of Doom") concerned a man who couldn't wake up, because every time he woke up he'd be in another dream. I wish it were still on to spice up TV.

The worst show ever on HBO!

Author: dootuss from PA
9 October 2001

HBO desperately wanted a scientific anthology series which had some twists similar to the twilight zone. What they got was a horrible 30 minute show that makes science sexual, and violent at times. The was hosted by a sexy android whom i can't remember her name, but was probably the best part of the show. The creators of "Perversions of Science" tried their best, but failed miserably in giving HBO another sucess story to write about. Perhaps that's why HBO canceled this piece of garbage after it's only season, as well as an angry response from viewers. Hopefully, this pile of puke will never see the light of day AGAIN!!!!