IMDb > "La Femme Nikita" (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"La Femme Nikita"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"La Femme Nikita" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

No need to trash this series - it was fantastic!

Author: slr429 from Midwest U.S.
12 November 2004

I totally disagree with the first comment. The TV series "La Femme Nikita" took the premise from the original French movie and went in a different direction. It had a new look, feel, and style from what most audiences were used to - and the cast, writers, and crew did a great job.

My favorite is the 1st season. I think the storyline went off the rails after the 3rd season (Michael with a wife and kid), but I still tuned in every week! The interest in LFN the series was global - many Web sites were created and dedicated to the show's characters and actors who portrayed them. I hadn't seen such enthusiasm for a TV show in a long time, and it was great.

It was my favorite show of the 90's, that's for sure, and the show has definitely made an impact on other TV series and even movies.

Excellent Show

Author: Richard Peplinski from Chicago, IL
23 January 2001

This show is one of the few that I attempt to regularly tune into each week. I'm not a die hard fan analyzing every sentence/glance/breath of every character, but I certainly enjoy the show. A person who says this show has poor acting or poor character/plot development is most likely disappointed by every TV series and not being fair to the genre. This show says more with a moment of silence than most shows say in an hour of dialog. It is impossible for a show that has run as long as this one to dot every "i" and cross every "t", of course there will be holes. But by and large the show remains true to itself and at the top of it's genre. The acting and action are appropriate, the plot works well enough to be create a suspension of disbelief and the character development is the best I've witnessed from any long term series.

Thank you for creating a thoroughly entertaining show, I will miss it greatly after this season.

Not 24

Author: mellow40
7 May 2004

True, La Femme Nikita is no "24"..it's better than 24.If it wasn't for LFN there would be no 24. Joel Surnow creator of 24 was a script writer for LFN. It set the standard for 24 and Alias. La Femme Nikita had it's own style of story telling that was intriquing and left you wanting for more. The characters were complex and the actors put all their focus into giving the best performances out there. The soundtracks were outstanding and the wardrobe dept always outdid themselves. I for one think that the series was much better than both "Nikita" and "Point of No Return". It was a shame that the show had to end. Face it 24 and Alias-just copies of a good thing.

Dark, violent, cool

Author: sychonic
5 October 2000

It seems that one genre of film has rarely been successfully translated to tv: The spy film. Can't think of one off the top of my head--except the cartoons like Lancelot Link and Danger Mouse. I suppose in the sixties--Man From Uncle, Mission Impossible.

But here comes La Femme Nikita, a very stylish show, no question, with a certain ruthlessness about it that seems cold and dangerous. Everyone in it seems to adequately convey the sense of dangling over a precipice, waiting for the stark harsh powers to send them to their doom. But until then, they combat various and sundry international terrorists.

While the acting never really rises above adequate--the dialogue really doesn't allow it, the characterizations themselves are rather enjoyable. Megalomaniac Operations, icy Madelaine, zombie like Michael, etc. There's a certain menace that hangs in the air, as if even humanistic Nikita wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in you were the situation to require it.

I'm not suprised this show draws a devoted following--probably some who put it in the same late nineties genre of women wandering around beating the hell out big bad men (see VIP, Xena, Buffy, etc) But it's rather a bit more than that, the plots are routinely more complex than most spy movies--the last few James Bond movies in particular, maybe they could donate a few writers to the cause in bringing some life in that series.

The endless maneuvering for advantage, the incredible withering amorality, the sudden violence ... and don't forget the clothes, all give this a pretty slick, sexy feel to it. Like a very shiny, glistening new gun--lethal, but undeniably attractive.

What TV Shows should be like...!

Author: JC (kyrian3@yahoo.com) from Virginia
21 June 1999

I think this is one of the best written shows on television today! The creators of this series are really in-tune with what a tv "series" should be like. They are not afraid to have really good character development.

But each episode is also great on its own! They have got an incredible blend of character development and action and intrigue all blended together in each episode (granted with differing amounts in each episode).

The cast is truly amazing at creating the complex relationships (so that you never see the "same old" interactions all the time). And each episode delves a little deeper into at least one character (and not just the main one or two characters, but there are six relatively majorly developed characters).

The best t.v. show ever!!! If you liked Alias or 24, watch this....

Author: mishabri-1 from United States
30 July 2006

La Femme Nikita was groundbreaking and would've been on a lot longer had it aired on a major network. This was really the first time a female was given a strong, intelligent starring role on a t.v. series. The writers/directors of this show have gone on to write and direct for the popular "24" starring Keifer Sutherland, and several actors from Nikita show up in "24". The technology used in the show was incredible for the time. The actors are all first rate and it's the characters in the show that keep you coming back. "Alias" was a direct ripoff of this series, but it wasn't nearly as well done as Nikita. The fan base for this show was huge, and still is even though it is no longer airing. Roy Dupuis (Michael) is a huge star in Canada and his take on the role is perfect. His minimalistic style is what you would expect from a member of the world's most covert anti-terrorism group. Peta Wilson (Nikita) is believable in her role, unlike many females in physical roles. All of the supporting actors are great and many have had vast and varied careers.

Uniformly fine TV series, a mix of bad/good people make for exciting viewing.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
1 January 2001

The TV series, "La Femme Nikita" is a spin-off of the fine early-90s French film, "Nikita". Although it does not try to look like the original, it has spun its own look that is every bit as captivating as the film, for a TV series. Peta Wilson who stars a Nikita is so perfect for the role she has created that it is impossible to imagine anyone else playing it now. She is all-in-one beautiful, sensitive, tough, loyal, in a superb acting job. I suspect the real Peta Wilson is not too far away from this character.

I find the series so captivating because of its mix of good and bad. "The Section" exists to foster good in the world, but any means justifies the end, and a lot of people, both innocent and crooked, get in the way and get "eliminated". However, Nikita and Michael both have consciences and in every episode there are ambiguous situations that their characters must deal with. You can't watch it and not ask what you would do in a similar situation. The dark tone of the show, the clandestine operations, the high-tech tracking and communications, the action - it all blends to pull you in and keep you in its grip, until the episode is over. Today, 01/01/01, USA network is running a "Nakita" marathon - 12 straight hours of the best episodes. Very compelling watching.

DEC2004 update: I am watching the DVDs for season one, very nice set.

Great Show.

Author: mjb1606 (mjb1606@earthlink.net) from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7 December 1999

When "La Femme Nikita" premiered I thought the show would be a typically cheesey USA show: no plot, lots of naked women. To my surprise I genuinely think the show is among the best on TV.

The show's plots are complex and well-thought, taking the usual conventions of the action genre and turning them on their head. Even Peta Wilson, who looked like she was originally cast in the title role solely on her looks, has turned out to be a talented actress. She lends an emotional depth to the role of Nikita that is surprising.

Very good.

Roy Dupuis-World Class Actor - Best series I've ever seen...

Author: oceanair3 from United States
12 April 2005

Get ready for a series that is a class act. This is top notch entertainment at it's best. I only hope to see a series as good as this again in my life. Bravo! Roy Dupuis has made his own that which is hidden in the core of all human beings but discernible in few actors to this degree. This man is connected interiorly in a way that makes him beautiful to watch: beauty in motion. Some actors acrobatics of technique without depth, leave me feeling flat and uninspired. They lack a digested understanding of who they are. Roy Dupuis is the antithesis of this. Deeply connected to himself, an almost unspoken spirituality is conveyed through his eyes. Without saying a word this actor has the power to deeply effect you. A humble strength emerges from a deep inner awareness of who he is mixed with a humility that has to be owned before it can be acted. And to the viewer understood before it can be seen. Anyone writing this actor off as not noteworthy is probably also walking by the perfume of roses, saying there is no beauty or heavenly fragrance left anywhere. Roy Dupuis is an enormous boon to the best series I've ever seen in my life. What is so captivating about this show is that it fills that human need to see who we are in the fullness of our humanity when that very thing is stripped of us and not allowed to be. At first glance it may appear all the key players in Section One are ruthless, uncaring human beings. However, the reality is these actors, especially Roy, (because of his choice of characterization) have had to shut down and hide their humanity in order to survive the Section, while still letting us see who they are. Cloaked in his "dark" Euro-slick wardrobe Michael is cool incarnate. How cool? It's never been this cool. There is a reason there is such a demand for this series. When life and death hang in the balance moment by moment, and still you see Michael and Nikita willing to die for each other, you feel your own humanity touched a little, and you want more of this series that takes you a little deeper than the rest of what's on the market for our viewing. Like I said, get ready for a series that is a class act. This is top notch entertainment at it's best. Bravo!

Anti-terrorism at its best on television

Author: F r a n z from Perth, Australia
18 June 2000

La Femme Nikita is a show for all the "secret agent" fans out there. With a well constructed on-going script, excellent believeable acting, and awesome settings. It's a show that I can't bear to miss every week. One of my all time favourite series'.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]