IMDb > Wiseguy (1996) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Wiseguy (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Anyone who is a fan of the old "Wiseguy" series will like this movie

Author: gazebo from New York City
30 December 2003

It's a shame that this is the last film Ken Wahl was ever in. As demoralized as Ken Wahl is about his injury and his addiction to drugs because of this injury, he still puts out a pretty good performance as Vinnie Terranova, the hunky, sensitive, undercover cop.

For people who have never seen the old "Wiseguy" series, they might not like this movie because they will not understand it. But for those who were glued to the TV everytime the show was on in the 1980s, will appreciate and enjoy this movie. This movie has all the classic elements of a "Wiseguy" episode and that is a great thing!

I'm sorry the Ken Wahl is no longer making movies. He's a wonderfully talented actor that has hit bad times. I hope he will rebound one day and return to TV, where he belongs.

OK but not like the series

Author: burnett33160 from United States
26 April 2006

I'm a huge fan of the original Wiseguy, one of the best examples of superb TV writing, acting and character development. I like shows that break the lowest common denominator rule of TV and Wiseguy certainly did. So in late 95, i was excited to read about this telefim being written by Joel surnow (lately of 24) and it first premiered i think in march of '96. That said i was a little let down when I saw it, they took a good shot at creating a memorable antagonist and developing Vinnies character further but it fell a bit short. i felt It was OK but I think they should have written a follow up mafia arc instead, now that Vinnies older id like to see him as the Don of his own mafia family. They were basically 2 mob story arcs in Wiseguy, one in season 1 and one in season 3, i would like to see a continuation of those.

wise guy an Alltimeshow .

Author: manal alrasheed (mnalrasheed@yahoo.com) from Kuwait
28 January 2006

wise guy is an all-time show.after 20 years i still enjoy watching it,and all of my friends still remember agent 4587, frank,mike terrenova,sonny steel-Grave,Mel profit......etc.you see the whole idea of the show was original at that time ,and showed people new dimensions of the real relationship,between agents ,,Vinny,miketerrenovva, between undercover agents and criminals their after and how can things go nasty when they become really close,how can someone like Vinny terrenova gets over his feeling for steel-Grave&fulfills his moral duty as an OCB agent,this job that caused him 18 months in jail,the love&respect of his family most of all his beloved mother. personally i think these kind of shows gave us a real sense of what happens behind the close doors .i can go on forever but sadly I have to go. wise guy was ,is&will remain a brilliant show.

If you loved The Series You Will Like The Wiseguy Movie

Author: John Leeds from United States
7 March 2013

This was a very good TV movie, having loved the series, this was a refreshing new take on it as everyone is a little older. If you loved the series this look at Wiseguy will be most welcomed. If interested you can find this movie at:http://specialty.weebly.com/wiseguythemovie.html It makes you wish the series was still on, so many great actors were involved in the series throughout the years.

In this movie it was great to see Vinnie and McPike together again, the chemistry is still there and one thinks that they could have made more than one movie which makes this a classic. Though not at the level of wise guy at it's best, but you take what you can get and this was worth the watch. So I would recommend this movie to any Wiseguy fan.

the great WISEGUY series

Author: shogunmre from United States
22 January 2013

Wiseguy was an awesome show. Good actors Ken Wahl, Jon Banks, Kevin Spacy and tons more. Action, suspense, crime, Mafia everything that made a great series. I really wish it ran a lot longer it was too short lived. Ken Wahl is an awesome actor. But its unfortunate about his accident that hampered his career basically broke his neck. I hope to see him back on the screen sometime. i hope to see another Wiseguy. Great Series and in 96' good movie that came out Wiseguy movie. Another movie needs to come out where Ken (Vinnie Tarranova) is now retired and some how gets drawn back in to crime fighting as a mafia type or something like that. I hope to see him on the big screen i really miss the great acting that the whole show put out it was great.

'Wiseguy' an Amazing TV Series

Author: bbbbluecrushhhh from United States
2 September 2011

Amazing TV series, anyone voting less than 10 doesn't know what's it about. The TV series revolves around an undercover OCB(Organized Crime Bureau) Agent Vincent Terranova aka vinny (Ken Wahl) and (Johnathan Banks) OCB Lead Supervisor.

Vinny works undercover and get his placement within the crime organization while building strong ties with the mob bosses and moving ahead at the same time he is passing the inside information to his supervisor helping them to get these mafia bosses to court of justice.

The TV series is definitely ahead of its time and is truly a remarkable work, the Cast has performed excellent in every episode and wish they had continued this TV series. Definitely a must watch TV series and Ken Wahl & Johnathan Banks are a great actor.