That Thing You Do! (1996)
- 1) Extended scenes showing Guy Patterson's relationship with Tina in Erie, PA.
- 2) Extended scenes of the band rehearsing.
- 3) Jimmy coaxes Guy's uncle to record the song "All My Only Dreams" as a B-side to "That Thing You Do."
- 4) The band's experience at the Orpheum Theatre in Pittsburgh.
- 5) The Bass Player's romantic affair with a member of The Chantrellines.
- 6) After the band has unofficially split, Guy meets up again with one of his idols, Del Paxton. Del and a number of fellow Jazz members are also in the studio, working on some new music. Guy contacts a local Jazz DJ who had interviewed The Wonders. The DJ tells Guy that he can get him a job if he could interview Del and his friends.
- This makes the ending differ from the theatrical cut, where Guy was unsure just what he would do while staying in California. The Extended Cut now has Guy secure with a job.