IMDb > T2 3-D: Battle Across Time (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

The Best Attraction Ever

Author: Mike DiMaio (md006@home.com) from Farmington, CT
26 February 2001

I'll never forget the first time I went on T2:3D in Universal Studios Florida. It was like nothing I've ever seen before. I went on it when it opened up a few years back. I've been on it once every year since. The sound in that theater is phenomenal and so are the meshing of 3-D Effects, Live Action, Lights, and Robots. When you see that motorcycle go in and out of the scene, and then mesh perfectly with the display on screen, your jaw will fall to the floor. The best part about it as well is that they actually brought in Arnold, Linda Hamilton, Ed Furlong, and Robert Patrick to reprise their roles. I wish the full version made it on the T2 DVD. Go to Universal FLA or CA and experience the attraction of a lifetime. It's just so incredible.

Sweetness

Author: Rieman from Iowa
12 February 2000

This multimedia presentation is incredible and just great. If you love the Terminator movies, this is a real trip. You have to go to a Universal Studios park to see it, but it's just about worth it just to see this! The description says it's only 12 minutes, but with the live actor/animatronic presentation, and the Cyberdyne promotional film in the lobby, it's a good half hour. Go see it.

If you have the chance - then go !

Author: John Ryder (ryderj) from Stockholm, Sweden
8 November 2002

I saw this "movie" at Universal Studios in Los Angeles and it was great. It is a mix between theater and cinema, double crossing with 3d effects, and the result was great.

If was worth watching, only downside is that the audience get really wet at the end of the show. Why iam not going to tell you, you need to find out for yourself :-)

get ready to be blown away

Author: big al-41 from cambridge
4 August 2003

This is just fantastic. At least you feel caught up in the action and the effects are out of this world. I never buy movie hyped products but as sad as it seems I bought a pair of replica shades.

If your in Florida do the show!!!

Greastest piece of film ever!

Author: John Richard Scott (UlicQel) from Westmont, New Jersey
21 September 1999

Also the most expensive frame for frame too. This is a great experience overall. I especially liked the footage shown while you wait in line. It's full of references that foreshadow all the happenings of T-2. ("Cyberdyne - We're taking over the world of communications!") The effects are great, even if the story is a little contrived (Why bring John into the future anyway? He doesn't help any). The stage show blends perfectly with the on screen action. I've seen if four times and I still havent seen the transition. Definately worth the price od admission. Well, this and the Back to the Future Ride.

A Quality Attraction Worthy of it's Predecessors.

Author: muviman from Florida, USA
20 August 2001

James Cameron has brought to us once again, a quality piece of entertainment. Much like the previous films that carry the name of "Terminator", "T2/3-D: Battle Across Time" shows with every frame the quality that Cameron strives for: Perfection. Every detail is attended to: The aiming of a laser beam which seems to target YOU in the audience, the puff of dust as a mini-hunter passes over a concrete pillar, the drops of moisture as a polymimetic alloy creature melts and reforms, as well as a rush of air as a flying HK craft passes over you. From the preshow, where a hostess, 'perky' to your face, but backstabbing when she thinks she's being ignored, welcomes you; to the interruption of the show by John and Sarah Connor, in an attempt to prevent another Apocalypse brought on by Skynet, the entire show leaves the visitor leaving with the satisfaction that T2/3-D was well worth the (most of the time) short wait. Even when waiting in line, there are monitors showing "Cyberdine" sample shows. You may even see a Terminator identified through the monitor system. It's almost too bad this high quality show is only available at Universal Studios.

Even die-hard fanboys like me will love it!

Author: Dougie B from United States
2 July 2003

I'm one of those fans who hate it when sequels don't match their original stories, I want everything to fit together. But with this, I didn't care a bit! I didn't care that the terminator didn't arrive naked, I didn't care that somehow the characters were able go into the future, and I didn't care that this won't fit into any future sequels! This is pure fun, plain and simple. I just hope that someday someone finds a way to put this on video.

the best movie experience EVER!

Author: DelnDeb from Famagusta Cyprus
11 October 1998

A seamless integration of live action, cinematography and 3D film which left an entire audience ducking as robots fired across their heads, and attempting to find cover in the final explosive sequence. Unbeatable!

Come with me if you want to live...

Author: T-10X from United States
16 July 2005

Possibly the best 3D so ever made! You either enter the Cyberdyne Systems building(or just outside of it if you are at USH) and go into a queue, with great AC, and stainless steel walls. It appears you are about to see a persentation for Cyberdyne, as they have TVs all over playing ads, and also news about the 'terrorist attacks' in 1991, but assure us that everything is OK. We then walk and pick up our safety visiors(3D glasses) and enter the Miles Dyson theater, we stand here for about 5 minutes till the preshow starts. We are joined by Kimberly Ducan a perky women with power, she tells how Cyberdyne is the best thing ever and shows us the most awesome preshow video ever! It's pretty much imagine a world where everything is perfect with Cyberdynes tech, but then the family of the future hacks into the system, yes it's the one and only Conners. Sarah warns us to run for our lives and kill everyone... OK minus the second part, they show us how evil Skynet is and all that jazz, we are then warned to get out of the building before they- then the video kicks back in. Of corse Kimberly tells us nothing to worry about and we go into the main theater which is HUGE! The show starts and we are introduced to the T-70s and they shoot at some targets, just when they are about to bring on the big Skynet project the Conners crash the show. Sarah starts shooting up a storm but then all of a sudden the T-1000 morphs off the wall as the Cyberdyne sign, kills Kimberly, and is also after to kill us all but then, it's him, the time portal opens and the Terminator in his bad ass self rushes in just in time in his mortal cycle and blast the T-1000 away long enough to grab John and run back to the future(another good movie and ride BTW) a chase starts but luckily they get away, then out of the sky our heroes are chased by a HK. The are blown off the chopper, and just when we think we're safe it seems Skynet has an ace up it's sleve with the mini hunters. The HK drops 4 mini hunters, these little guys pack a lot of punch after running out of ammo our robot hero uses his gun as a bat, snatches the other and crush it. Once again we forget there is no safety in the Skynet future, as an endo blast through the wall and just as he is about to kill little Johnny boy, the T-800 uses the crushed mini hunter and slices off his head. John asks if it's a friend of his, and jokingly Aronld replies "he was my college roommate." John and the Terminator are on the run and enter they skynet building, where the mission is to end as the plan is to blow up the CPU, the only problem is the T-1,000,000 a spider like verion of the T-1,000 after freezing it it's blown away, John goes back in time as the Termintor uses bombs to destroy the CPU and the theater gets filled to fog and the seats do a slam down, John and Sarah are reunited and the future is safe for now, the terminator music kicks in and we exit to the left. If you stay you can see the huge Cyberdyne desk reset it's self.

Awesome!!!

Author: JJ_Binks from Detroit, Michigan
27 July 1999

This movie ROCKED!! Can't wait for Terminator 3? Then go see this one, it's the next best thing. Not only did they get the original actors to reprise their roles, they did it so convincingly these scenes could have been cut right out of T2. The 3D effect is incredible, causing viewers to duck as the T-1000 points his metallic blades right in your face and cringe as the T-1000000 explodes showering liquid metal (actually water) all over the audience. Besides the ultra-cool special effects, Arnold actually had some pretty good lines (after killing a cyborg T-800, "he was my college roommate"). This attraction alone is worth the price of admission to Universal Studios. Don't miss it!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]