IMDb > The Secret Agent Club (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Secret Agent Club More at IMDbPro »

Hulk makes me laugh!

Author: Jonathan Horner from Stockton-on-Tees
27 May 2000

Ha ha ha!! Hulk Hogan has got to be one of the worst actors ever, he's so bad he makes me laugh so much!

Hulk stars as Raymond Chase, a secret agent who is trying to keep a special "laser gun" prototype hidden from a group of bad guys who want it for no reason. The gun soon ends up in the wrong hands so Hulk and his small gang of kids set out to find it.

This movie has some really cheesey acting and scenes in it but it is a children's movie after all. Hulk Hogan tries his best to act but always ends up looking uncomfortable and clumsy in his role. Hulk should quit Hollywood and stick to wrestling!

This movie made me laugh in parts and for a children's movie, some of the stunts impressed me.

I give it 6 out of 10.

Hulk Hogan Fans Will Love This Film

Author: Big Movie Fan from England
5 January 2003

If you are a fan of wrestling hero Hulk Hogan, then you'll enjoy this film. If not, then you'll still enjoy this film.

Hulk Hogan plays the owner of a toyshop who is really a heroic spy for an organisation called the SHADOW organisation. Him and his son Jeremy end up battling the evil Eve played by the beautiful Lesley-Anne Down and her evil army.

Fans of Hulk Hogan films know what to expect. You won't get complex plots, you won't get five star movies but you will get a charismatic wrestling star just having some fun playing the guy who overcomes the odds and defeats the dark forces of evil. The Secret Agent Club is one of those films which you can play on a Sunday afternoon and just sit back and enjoy. I thoroughly recommend this film.

A spy with muscles

Author: Prismark10 from United Kingdom
1 December 2015

The Secret Agent Club stars Hulk Hogan as a nerdy, balding toy seller. However he really is a bewigged highly skilled secret agent working for a secret organisation.

He is also a lone parent raising a young son who is embarrassed of his dad because he acts like a klutz. He is unaware that he works as a spy with gadgets and fight skills.

Hogan steals a powerful laser gun and pretends that it is a toy but gets in trouble when the bad guys find out and kidnaps him. His son realising that his father may be more than he is letting on rounds up his friends to rescue him.

Hulk Hogan who at the height of his popularity moved to movies in the late 1980s quickly started to make progressively cheesier, lower budget and more kid friendly films who also happened to be his more fervent fan base.

This really is a film you can enjoy only with younger children who might like some Home Alone lite escapades as once Hogan is captured the kids take centre stage with pantomime villains.

An excellent kids movie

Author: dontyouwantaballoon from Manchester
9 February 2015

An Oscar winner this is not, clearly. However as a kids movie this has everything you could want, a kid friendly plot complete with espionage, weapons, martial arts and hammy villains. Hulk Hogan does a decent enough job as Ray and despite what anybody else says, the kids all do a good job with the script. The occasional cheesy bits and possibly unintentional comic moments (due to cheese or cliché) don't detract and if anything, add to the fun nature of the movie.

Family fun that should not be disregarded, it makes no apologies about what it is and that is a solid kids movie that is entertaining and exciting for all ages.

Enjoy!

Low budget cheese!

Author: Jonathan Takagi from Escondido, California
30 June 2000

This movie is made funny by its laughable special effects and plotline, but is saved by some of the acting. Danny McCue in particular does a great job as the resourceful and friendly Bart.

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen

Author: reverendtom from Santa Cruz, CA
11 December 2006

From the moment you pop in the DVD, you will be amazed. Literally. This movie has the funniest menu screen I have ever seen, what with the still frame of Hulk hulkin out, the techno music loop and the footage of the kids hiding from spies. After such an amazing introduction, the movie does not dissappoint. This has got to be one of the stupidest, most hilarious children's movies ever made. I admit that I was drunk and in good company while watching it, but I was roaring with laughter. I mean, Richard Moll (I think that's how its spelled) as an evil spy with long hair, kids getting over their heads in international intrigue, Hulk Hogan, a magic lazer gun. This film really has it all. I think it is the most hilarious film that Hulk ever made.

funniest film Hogans ever done

Author: Paul Danson (padanson@aol.com) from Grimsby, England
5 September 1999

The Hulk o maniac has exceeded his comedic limits in this film, with the unveiling of his shiny bald head to the removal of his moustache, the special effects are the poorest things i have ever seen in a movie, i expected more from Terry. He has shattered my fragile dreams of one day becoming a world class Wrestler/ actor. :(

If you like guns than your going to love this movie because it,s about a gun that can turn people invisible.

Author: husnain ali from London, England
1 October 2005

I did not really like the beginning of the film but I thought the middle and ending were great.The Secret agent Club is a wicked movie and I thought everyones acting was great.If it could improve it would need to improve the beginning.The secret Agent club is one of my top 10 films.Hulk Hogan was fabulous and so was Matthew McCurley and Lesley-Anne Down and everyone else. I loved the secret club house and thought it is nice to have a secret place where friends meet each other and strangers don't know.Hulk Hogan is a funny actor and he does good acting as a mysterious and secretive person and Matthew McCurley suits the same acting.

The worst film ever

Author: samuelfoster123 from United Kingdom
29 August 2005

To enjoy this film your mother and grandmother would have to be the same person. i found this film embarrassing to watch, If i had acted in this film i would have taken my own life by now. The story itself is moronic, the script is moronic and the acting is pathetic. The characters bring a whole new meaning to the term 2D, the main bad guys lines consist almost exclusively of "grr" "arrg" and "mwahahahah" and to make sure we know that he is evil he has a metal leg which is in fact just a boot painted silver. If you watch this film you will regret it for the rest of your life, you will never be able to get back the time you spend watching this film.

Great Kid Movie...True Lies Meets Home Alone

Author: (grandmastersexy@home.com) from Philadelphia, Pa
10 September 2000

Secret Agent Club is by far one of my top 20 films ever...great movie,funny,exciting scary,action...bottom line,it has everything u want in a movie,all the acting was great considering they were all kids mostly.Of course Hogan was the best actor in there and the only thing i couldnt stand about this film was that jeremy played by matthew McCurley was such a horrible actor,but it still was a great film get it for the whole family,if u like 3 Ninjas,True Lies And Home Alone Then Get This!!!