IMDb > The Rock (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Rock

The Rock More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 41: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Best action movie ever

Author: Emh-4 from Rimbo, Sweden
28 May 2002

This movie is the best action movie I have ever seen, or probably will see.

It's got great music, made by Hans Zimmer, Harry-Gregson Williams and Nick Glennie-Smith. This is THE action-score in my book! Great performances, good writing, character development, humor, and one of the best car chases ever. Great cinematography, great editing, great sound, the list goes on!

Buy the Criterion Edition-DVD of this movie NOW!

Awesome action movie

Author: Jerry Smith from USA
23 May 2002

Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage give very cool performances as an ex-con and a scientist who them and a group of soldiers go to Alcatraz to thwart a person's attempt to send a nuke to destroy some major damage. Ed Harris plays the bad guy and he was cool as him and I enjoyed him very much. The action in this was too cool and some stuff got me queezy but most was just awesome. The coolest part ,no doubt, was the guy sent off by a rocket. That was really cool. All sorts of other parts were cool too. The directing was great. Everything was great.

Overall I love this movie and I found no flaws in this and I recommend this to anyone who likes action. Rating 10 out of 10.

Superb film. A personal favorite of mine!

Author: Ben Wright (mombaza69@hotmail.com) from Halifax, England
4 May 2002

An all out action film with lots to enjoy about it. Ed Harris puts in the best performance of his life. A very good plot with good classic film lines. Sean Connery and Nic Cage work well together with humour along the way. Some of the co-stars in the film are outstanding.

Non-stop in your face action!

Author: overdrive_maniac from Ontario, Canada
12 April 2002

Non stop action is the best way to describe this film. It never drags at any point, and incredible performances given by Sean Connary, and especially Ed Harris. A unique story line, superb action, even some light hearted comedy makes The Rock one of the best films of the decade!

WOW! Fantastic Suspense Action/Adventure

Author: John Langbein (medrjel) from Dixie, USA
30 March 2002

For a 2 hour+ movie, this movie has very few, if any dull moments. It takes almost 40 minutes for the main story to get going, but even in the setup you are entranced. Nicholas Cage puts in a solid performace, and Sean Connery is as excellent as ever. The story weaves itself with some interesting twists and turns, and even in a few moments of predicatbility, you can forgive them.

I had put off watching it thinking it would be typical, but this is anything but.

I Strongly recommend seeing this movie!!

Author: Matt Jean (matt919@hotmail.com) from Saskatchewan, Canada
26 March 2002

This is a great movie, Jerry Brukheimer and Don Simpson are Geniuses.

Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage display a stunning performance in this movie and they both kick a lot of butt together.

I own this movie, and it is one of the best movies that I have ever seen.

I would greatly encourage anyone else to buy it also, it ROCK's!!

One of the greatest Action films in existence.....

Author: donjuan123 from sydney
23 March 2002

The Rock is without a doubt one of the best films. This is how all Hollywood Blockbusters should be made! Great plot, great acting (especially Connery and Harris), all topped off with some of the most intense action scenes ever. Pity how Micheal Bay hasn't made anything worthwhile since....

DoNjUaN

A surprise of a lifetime for action movies

Author: encyclpedia (encyclpedia@go.com) from Florida, USA
21 March 2002

This movie surprised me like no other. I read reviews, I saw how it did in the box office, and so I didn't expect too much. Turns out, I got what I would have never expected. I came across something big. Big enough to be one of, if not, the best action movies I have ever seen! Ed Harris made a perfect patriotic bad guy. Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery made a perfect match, and it made me laugh. Cage played the wimp, and Connery played the tough guy, and it worked perfectly. This movie based around a hostage situation, any hostage type story always drives me into it, but doesn't always end well. This one did. I enjoyed every moment, and that's why I gave it a rating of 10/10. If I had any complaint for this movie, it would be to get rid of that white, hair-slicked-back, mustache guy. That dude was annoying and really didn't need to be in this picture. A better actor for that part might have helped.

Best action movie of all time!!

Author: face-man
2 March 2002

This movie is pure testosterone with a huge budget and non stop action. It's highly underrated in my opinion. Everything about the film is great from the awesome action sequences and stunts to the musical score. It is the perfect fun filled movie. The only flaw I can think of is that there weren't any central female characters but this movie was mainly designed for guys I guess. It wasn't designed to win any Oscars but just to provide movie fans with two exciting hours of mayhem and it did just that. Brilliant.

The best Action-Movie since "Die Hard"--->The ultimate Thrill-Ride!!!

Author: Michael Radinger (MovieMike84) from Linz, Austria
27 February 2002

This movie has everything, what is important for a blockbuster: action nonstop, perfect actors (cage and connery are wonderful) and a lot suspense. San Francisko is a really perfect location, and thanks to Michael Bay, who has given the movie some pathos and patriotism!