IMDb > The Perfect Daughter (1996) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Perfect Daughter (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Just about perfect marks

Author: Geoff Moyle (moyleg@ozemail.com.au)
12 April 1999

I just come across this movie on TV one morning and without realising it I got hooked. Not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but a movie that holds your attention all the way through. I thought Tracey Gold was very good and believable in the lead role. It has been a long time since I saw a movie with Bess Armstrong in it and it was good to see her again.

Excellent Movie!

Author: BreanneB from United States
16 April 2006

This movie is excellent. Tracy Gold, and Bess Armstrong, and the rest of the cast do an excellent job acting. It was also well made by the cast and crew.

This is the heartbreaking, but also coming to terms with each other family drama. Alex, is a heroin addict, who, until an accident in which she was hit by a car, has been estranged from her family. But after it happens she goes home with her family, but is unaware of her past. However, her past slowly catches up with her and the people from are not finished yet. She runs into a jam when she has to pay of a drug dealer who takes her family hostage.

In the end Alex is given probation in exchange for testifying against the others. She makes amends with her family. It is definitely a film worth seeing.

Not The Perfect Movie

Author: Chris Winston from Fairbanks, U.S. Territory of Alaska
24 April 2003

I've seen this before, sort of. The story was similar to many other Made-for-TV movies - coma, awake, uh oh she's in trouble. What made this movie unique was - nothing. Why was it called `The Perfect Daughter'? Title makes no sense to me. For some odd reason I cannot understand, I've always liked Tracey Gold since she was Carol Seaver on Growing Pains. She's had a few good Made-for-TV movie performances since then. Here, though, she's just going through the motions. She does it well enough but nothing special. The same for Bess Armstrong. The bad guys, on the other hand, oy very, what dorks. And at the beginning when Tracey Gold's character is brought into the hospital emergency room - uh, her clothes would not be intact, more than likely they'd not even be on her since she was a motor vehicle accident trauma victim. Her clothes would've been removed at the scene of the accident and/or in the ambulance. Well, I think it was Robert Altman who made have commented that little goofs like that do not ruin a good story. I'm not saying this was a good story, just that the clothes goof was kinda minor, just something I noticed. Anyway, this movie was alright. Would I watch it again someday? I'd never buy it but if I saw in on and I had nothing to do then maybe but I wouldn't go out of my way to. My grade: C-