IMDb > Overnight Delivery (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Well worth seeing

Author: Criz
17 June 1999

This is a warm, fun little movie that deserves a lot more exposure than it has received. If you don't mind a little spicy dialogue (and what thinking person does?) it's a great film for movie night with your teens.

What I especially enjoyed about "Overnight Delivery" was the superb casting of three terrific stars (Reese Witherspoon from "Cruel Intentions", Paul Rudd, whom I really enjoyed in "Clueless" and Christine Taylor, whom most people will remember as Marcia in "The Brady Bunch Movie.") Also memorable are the ongoing appearances of a bumbling but hilariously lovable delivery man.

Not a flick to be missed.

An enjoyable road trip movie with cult dialogs

Author: Cihan Vercan (jeehunwherjun) from Istanbul, Turkey
23 March 2005

After Freeway and Fear movies the leading role actress Reese Witherspoon shines with a joyful, extrovert and really charming character performed as Ivy Miller. Acting with Paul Rudd performed as Wyatt Trips, she is the girl striving for making her Prince charming aware of her. Christine Taylor performed as Kimberly is a famous cheerleader in their campus, dating with Wyatt. One day, Wyatt turns very jealous by a message from her and then starts to worry about his life as if it is coming to an end. Wyatt's friends help him forget her if she's cheating on him. That night in a dance club, a stripteaser girl named Ivy Von "Trap", alters Wyatt's philosophy of life through destroying his friends' ego. There comes a fight between Ivy and Wyatt's campus gang. This bonds Ivy and Wyatt as friends, after Wyatt forsakes his friends at the fight. Ivy tells the secrets of relations and the nonexistence of love to Wyatt by use of a cult speech. Then it becomes hard for Wyatt to realize the love of Ivy, if he can't rescue his heart from loving Kimberly hopelessly. Then by time a wonderful adventurous love is getting started by Kimberly's letter from Memphis. How a puzzle is this, you can't believe. While Wyatt wants to stop a package from delivery full of Ivy's ideas of good-bye speech that has been sent to Kimberly, there starts the road trip from Minneapolis to Memphis. At the end on the Valentines' Day in Memphis which one will be chosen by Wyatt, Ivy or Kim ? At the ending Wyatt becomes Tarzan to stop the delivery guy, and also becomes a prayer: "Dear God, I swear that I will never send any more package via Overnight Delivery again!"

Hypnotic.

Author: Jack-247 from Manchester, New Hampshire
16 January 2000

This film was one of those that you will watch because there is nothing better on the television and it just draws your attention. I saw this movie during a free Showtime weekend. I enjoyed this film very much. It was amusing, funny, and had a good storyline on how a boyfriend goes from Minnesota to St. Louis to get a hold of a revenge package that he sent her, with the help of a new friend. I suggest that if you have the chance watch this movie. It will end making you happy.

Brings you in

Author: kyle_michaelsen from United States
22 October 2008

This movie was surprisingly good. It's not the best-written or most original idea, but the comedy is surprisingly good. Also, Paul Rudd and Reese Witherspoon have great chemistry on-screen, and their comedic delivery is superb. The mail-truck driver is funny, as well. Not to mention that it's got Christine Taylor (you might know her from "The Wedding Singer", "Zoolander", or "Dodgeball").

In the end, it's one of those movies that you'll probably only watch when you have nothing else to do. So the next time you're really bored and have nothing to do, watch this movie- I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Surprisingly Good Movie

Author: nehampton from United States
23 August 2007

I like watching a movie without expectations, but this love-comedy was well worth the time. I watched this movie only because it had Reese Witherspoon in in, who I am becoming more and more impressed with, particularly in comedies. She steals the scenes in this movie, and is the catalyst for all that happens. It is a surprisingly funny and good movie. Reminds me of Blood Simple (for all the weird things that keep happening) and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (for all the weird things that keep happening). Not a well orchestrated movie, because things are somewhat disjointed (she takes him to the airport, but drops him off at the downtown convention center (reality mistake) and no reason for the cops to be there as they attempt to leave the restaurant after not paying (movie mistake)), but the acting is good and when the writing is right, it is very good.

Cute and funny

Author: IkeDOG from Spokane Wa
16 September 1998

This is a funny romantic comedy with some laughs. The movie is held together by the cute and sexy Reese Witherspoon. Her performance makes the movie worth seeing. Paul Rudd gives a good showing also. I would recommend seeing this movie if you are bored one night.

Enjoyable, Cute and Underrated

Author: Jack Jamieson (JayJay_Scotland) from Edinburgh
24 November 2002

I really liked this film. Its really fun and amusing and definatly better than alot of similar teen comedies like 'Loser' and 'She's all That' which are better known and got released at cinemas. Rudd and Witherspoon are both very likeable, while the film has a good sountrack and is short so as not to become tiresome. Jokes mostly hit the mark and there are a few which are very 'Kevin Smith-esq', obviously remaining from his much edited original script. If you want to watch a largely harmless, light hearted, and above all a cute and funny teen romance then you could do alot worse than give this one a rent if you can find it.

Rating: 6.5/10

Excellent acting in a movie that you recognize yourself in!

Author: (stoned_stokes@hotmail.com) from Halmstad, Sweden
22 July 2000

Most of us probably has been in love with someone that already have a girlfriend/boyfriend, right? This movie is about Wyatt Trips (Paul Rudd) who thinks his girlfriend, Kimberly, is cheating on him. He meets Ivy (Reese Witherspoon) at a strip-joint, and she gives him advice about what to do... They send Kim a package containing a very nasty letter, a condom that looks used, and a picture of Wyatt and Ivy naked. Then Wyatt finds out she wasn't cheating on him and he needs Ivy's help to stop the package that is sent by overnight delivery... The acting in this romantic comedy is really great, Reese Witherspoon in one of her best movies. You can see the chemistry between Reese and Paul, and you'll fall in love with the movie. It really touched me the first time I saw it, and it touched me even more the last time I saw it, because now I'm in love with someone that also got a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend too... If you are in that situation you certainly gonna recognize yourself in it, and you'll love it...

Unfairly underrated! Is it because the movie is hard to find?

Author: insomniac_rod from Noctropolis
20 February 2010

Man! I watched almost by mistake this movie on cable on a Saturday afternoon several years ago. (Maybe 1998 after it came out).

It caught my attention quickly with it's dynamic love story and the charming characters.

I felt sympathy for Reese's character because she was tender, naive, but also faithful, clever, and pretty.

Paul Rudd's character was the highlight of the movie because of his dialogs and on screen charisma.

Christine Taylor portrays the bitchy girlfriend everyone has to hate but cannot help but fall in lust with her.

Overall, the movie delivers a positive message for those avid romantic movie fans who want more from the plot and dialogs rather than watching the typical love story.

I like the dynamic manner of telling the "overdrive" love story.

Author: lelegumineux from Norfolk, UK
15 November 2000

A very nice film to watch. The plot is quickly set up and from there on the story runs continuously without stopping. I enjoyed it very much and the movie was both funny and entertaining. Reese Witherspoon is as attractive as ever and performs very well. I especially liked some of the dialogues. If, like me, you've enjoyed Overnight Delivery then you should enjoy "Cruel Intentions". Overall 9/10.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]