IMDb > No One Would Tell (1996) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
No One Would Tell

No One Would Tell (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

i just watched this movie for the first time

Author: ama_rla_2004 from United States
5 November 2006

The events in this movie seemed oddly familiar towards the end. It was then that I realized this movie was about a girl I knew. She was 14 and he was 16. They lived in Beverly MA. He used to babysit my younger sister until my mom witnessed Jaime hit Amy for the first time. She was a beautiful girl,smart,popular and friendly. I was only 12 at the time but I invited her to my birthday party. She disappeared 3 days before that. I remember all these reporters and even CNN came into the neighborhood for a story. The people who kept quiet were afraid to speak up, they were afraid of Jamie. They found Amy almost a month later at the bottom of a pond minutes from where I lived. I remember the shock that we all felt. It only intensified when we found out that someone who lived amongst us was responsible for this. This movie hit close to home. It also didn't stray from what really happened.

Very good movie for TV.

Author: (llihilloh)
1 February 2001

'No One Would Tell' is an excellent movie. The acting is great, the writing and main characters are nice, but the thing I liked the most is that it was based on a true and very serious topic.

Candace Cameron Bure is perfect as the sweet and battered Stacy Collins. She truly did capture the look of a typical teenager in love. Of course, she put up with a little more than what most girls do, but she was still the teenager in love. Real quick comment about the casting for the role of Stacy. Bure, who was twenty at the time, was still able to pull of the sixteen year old look. Not too many people care but this is one of the most annoying things in the movies today; having people trying to play high school students who are clearly in their late twenties +. Fred Savage was terrific as the evil and very controlling boyfriend, Bobby. He was very believable as an abusive guy who will go to any lengths to keep his girlfriend. Both lead roles were nicely sketched out as well as the actors who brought them to life. Everyone else such as Stacy's girlfriend, and the couple's friends are also good.

The writing is decent. Being that this is supposed to be a serious movie, I know that it isn't supposed to have comedy. But it wouldn't hurt to throw in a few funny lines here and there.

One minor problem I had with this movie was that although it was entertaining the whole way through with hardly any boring parts, there were too many twists with Bobby and Stacy's relationship. The whole 'I love you, I love you not' thing was played out a little much. Also, it was sort of a let down to find out that Stacy gets murdered only two or three minutes into the film. This could have been changed but the rest of the movie leading up to that point was good that it could stay the same as well. Either way would be good for me.

This is a terrific movie to show to someone who is an abusive relationship or just anyone in general. It deals with a serious topic and hopefully another film like this will come along again. Excellent TV movie with a great cast!

One of the best "In Class" movies I've seen

Author: Amy (PrincessAmy826@hotmail.com) from California
15 January 2002

I was forced to watch this in Health class like many other movies. But this was actually really well done. It showed how someone can actually get sucked into an abusive relationship. For something of this nature being showed to a class of immature 15-year-old's there were actually very few things to laugh at. They showed it with very little cheese. and I think the judge at the end was actually kind of like a message to everyone out there. This movie almost made me cry. And I never cry.

Good commentary on a true case...

Author: MarieGabrielle from United States
3 June 2007

While we certainly see an abundance of these films on LMN, the message is important, and not to be discarded.

Candace Cameron is quite good as a 16 year old involved in an abusive relationship. Fred Savage is the school hunk who also comes from a troubled family. Michelle Phillips as Cameron's mother is pretty good, as she has a tendency to be involved with an abusive partner as well. At one point- when Bobby is abusing her daughter, she tries to reason with her to get out of the relationship. Cameron replies- he loves me at least I have that- you never did.

We see the mind games and denial that exist in these complex abusive relationships. Sometimes the abuse is subtle, psychological, but always degrading.

This is a good film for young women. Self-esteem is often non- existent and takes time to develop. The problem is that denying the abuse, or pretending it doesn't exist only makes it worse. The victim often loses her friends and is isolated. The twist at the end of the movie is a bit unexpected, and should be taken to heart. This was a true, tragic story. If you liked this film you may also enjoy "When No One Would Listen" with Michelle Lee and James Farentino. 7/10.

No One Would Tell Synopsis

Author: orcinusorca84 from United States
16 May 2005

I had originally seen this movie when it first came out, and then again a little while later. I was fortunate enough to tape it when it re-aired on USA network. I've watched it here and there since I've taped it, and just felt like taking a look at what was online about it. There seems to be some confusion or assumptions about the contents of the movie and what all happened. The basic plot line was pretty well explained by everyone so far, but I'll just put it in my own words.

Candace Cameron Bure plays Stacy Collins, a sweet and innocent high schooler with a crush on the senior "IT" guy, Bobby, played by Fred Savage. He's a popular wrestler who first notices Stacy at one of the wrestling matches when she's the only one in the bleachers standing after two of her closest friends holler "Nice body!" at Bobby. He gives her a smile and it cuts to Stacy and her friend heading to a pizza parlor. There, they run into Bobby and a few of his friends. His buddies tell him that Stacy is the 'nice body' girl, and there starts the relationship. They officially get together on their first date at a beach party, where the audience gets the impression that Bobby is really a sweet, romantic guy. He leaves love notes and flowers in her locker. It's the kind of high school sweetheart that everyone dreams about. But we get first get a glimpse of the real Bobby when he and she are interrupted during a study session in the library. Namely because the person interrupting was a guy, Bobby gets jealous and rudely asks the guy to leave. No sooner does he leave when Stacy's friends show up and join the session. Bobby storms off and Stacy runs after him. During a heated discussion, he loses his temper, grabs her by the arms, and shoves her into the book shelves. It's a chilling moment, not only for what's happening along with the music, but the audience loses whatever likability Bobby's character has. From there the abuse escalates to him throwing her into a wall, to plain slapping her in the face, and not in private either. Stacy finally comes to her senses and breaks it off with Bobby. A disturbing scene is played out at the high school where Bobby tells Stacy that he wouldn't be able to let her go. Feeling the affects of the break, Stacy is at a party at a bowling alley and spilling her feelings to her friend. Her friend gets tired of hearing only about Bobby and tells Stacy that if all she was going to do was talk about him, she should leave. This was a disturbing and sad moment, because it turned out to be the last thing said to one another. After a brief conversation on the phone with Bobby, he convinces Stacy to go to his place and give him a haircut. A couple other people are there and are witness to yet another fight between Bobby and Stacy. He ends up slapping her and she storms out. He sends his friend Vince after her to calm her down, after which he tells Carla, the other person there, that all that happened was that he and Stacy had argued and she left. He then kissed Carla, which just puts another nail in the 'Bobby-is-a-creep' coffin. He finds Stacy and Vince sitting on a swing set outside and tells her he'll take her home. Instead, he drives them out to the lake where the beach party they'd attended had happened. He asks her to take a walk with him in their special place. Unfortunately, she agrees. Another fight ensues. However, this one comes to a bloody end. It's not revealed until later in the movie what he did to her. But he had slit her throat, taped her in black garbage bags, and sank her to the bottom of the lake with a concrete block. The rest of the movie went through the search and the court case. Bobby's friend Vince actually gave Bobby up because he felt guilty for knowing the truth. In a later interrogation, Bobby breaks under the pressure the cop puts on him and he spills the story. It then goes to the next day at the lake where Stacy's corpse is brought up. With her mother and friend there hoping it's not her, the most heart breaking scene happens when her mother breaks down. The only good part for the situation is that Bobby got life in prison without parole. The end sequence showing the abuse that took place, along with a message meant not only for the characters in the story, but also as a message to everyone watching, was very powerful.

According to past posts, this movie was based on a true story. If it is, I haven't heard about it, but I have no doubt it's probably true. This is an excellent movie and I hope there will be a DVD sometime soon because my VHS tape is starting to wear down. Hope this helped with any questions anyone has about the movie. Any questions that anyone has that this post doesn't answer, email me at orcinusorca84@hotmail.com.

eye opener

Author: tygerizs1221 from United States
11 September 2005

Of course for a guy it would seem ridiculous! but in the eyes of a woman i see a struggle between love, fear, and devotion. I may not be so suttle but it gets the message across that no matter how much you love someone abuse is not acceptable!!! no a days this is something that is happening more and more and i think if a lot of woman would watch this movie they would see why this is just no going to work!overall this is an excellent movie and it deserves more recognition than it gets. I highly recommend this movie to both men and women. It's got great actors and exceptional plots. This movie would make any movie night fun!

Sadly realistic

Author: forgottenlord from Calgary, Ab
9 April 2002

I watched this movie as a part of my CALM curriculum. I found it to be very interesting in how she responded to what he did. I have always wondered why people don't get out of abusive relationships, now I know. It is interesting that she never even figured out how much he didn't care about.

What a great movie!

Author: badgirl9
23 February 1999

For a tv movie this one is excellent. About an abusive relationship. After watching this I developed a strong sense of power in me. I don't think Stacey had that. Although It ended tragiclly I'm glad she realised what Bobby was doing is wrong. All girls should watch this. Hopefully it will be repeated.

found it!

Author: MwmZX2 from NC
11 February 2002

i remember seeing this film back in '96, and i loved it. this tv-movie-of-the-week is one in a million. i honestly think this one should have hit theaters, instead of going straight to television. candace cameron and fred savage were great. i had almost forgotten about this movie, until a few days ago i was scrounging through some old movies i had recorded off of television, and i found this gem. i immediately popped it into the vcr and remembered how powerful it was the first time i saw it. this is a sad film, but one that should be viewed by teenage girls that are in abusive relationships. it is so sad that the violence led to cameron's characters death. this is the only 'tv movie' i have ever cried over. worth the watch! please check it out if you are able to find it anywhere.

Wow...

Author: Cyprus386 from USA
16 February 2000

I saw this movie ten minutes into it, so I didn't know that what happened actually would. This film was so powerful, it gave me nightmares for a week. Fred's acting was extremely believable. I actually had to realize that it was fiction and he really isn't insane. Candace was ok as Stacy, I wish she'd act more nowadays. She pretty much dropped off the face of the earth...anyway, this is something every girl should watch. It should definitely be repeated.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]