IMDb > Still Waters Run Deep (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Still Waters Run Deep More at IMDbPro »Méfie-toi de l'eau qui dort (original title)

It's on my Must-See-Again list.

Author: Jim-249 from Luxembourg
14 January 1999

I'd recommend this film primarily for its visual impact: the photography and the camera work make the natural setting stunningly beautiful. Splendid pictures of animals are interwoven into the very fabric of the film - in fact, a heron is a recurring linking device between the three stories. Each tells of disappointed love; the first hero is a boy, the second a man, the third an old man. They are separate people, but they share a delight in closely observing what they see as beautiful. The narratives are intriguing and unusual: the second, for example, plays with the supernatural and has the largest comic element. I caught this on Belgian TV and it's on my Must-See-Again list.

It's on my "Must-See-Again" list.

Author: Jim-249 from Luxembourg
10 January 1999

I'd recommend this film primarily for its visual impact: the photography and the camera work make the natural setting stunningly beautiful. Splendid pictures of animals are interwoven into the very fabric of the film - in fact, a heron is a recurring linking device between the three stories. Each tells of disappointed love; the first protagonist is a boy, the second a man, the third an old man. They are separate people, but they share a delight in closely observing what they see as beautiful. The narratives are intriguing and unusual: the second, for example, plays with the supernatural and has the largest comic element. I caught this on Belgian TV and it's on my Must-See-Again list.