A dumb, short 3-D film.

Author: Tommy Nelson from Long Beach, California
13 November 2007

3-D movies are generally a chance to have great animation and eye popping effects, and the films are generally 10 to 15 minutes. This has lame 3-D effects alongside mediocre animation with a plot no funnier or more clever than a typical Daffy Duck cartoon. Before the movie starts, a 3-D advertisement plays, and it's really the best part of the movie.

Daffy Duck is living in Bugs Bunny's shadow, but when Marvin the Martian comes to Earth, and Daffy thinks he's a big Hollywood director, Daffy thinks he's going to be living on easy street. Many special effects pop out as you watch this including water, poke in the back (which actually hurts), seat vibration and other effects that don't help it any. If you're going to miss a 3-D attraction at a theme park, avoid this one, it's not worth your time.

My rating: * 1/2 out of ****. 7 mins.

Great revival of classic characters

Author: robcat2075 from United States
22 March 2009

I saw this as "Duck Dodgers in the 3rd Dimension" at the World Animation Celebration in L.A. in 1997.

I was quite knocked out by it, both for the 3D effects and for the faithful revival of the classic WB characters in it.

For once someone got it right. The characters were in character, the voices sounded right and the animation did them justice.

We were told that everything was animated on paper first by 2D animators, then those images were handed to 3D animators to match exactly. Sounds awkward but it worked great.

This film hasn't been widely seen. Hopefully with the current 3D boom it will be released theatrically, perhaps on the front of a similarly themed live action film.

Here we go Earthlings!

Author: the_insainiak from Brisbane, Australia
15 June 2004

OK, I work in the theme park on the Gold Coast that is screening this 3D film. (Warner Bros Movie World). I Have seen the film many times as part of the audience also. It is highly entertaining, and very fast paced. Very simple storyline, not too different to that of other looney Tunes Cartoons. The film works very well in 3D. You even get wet when viewing it in the theme park. Daffy Duck Loves himself, Marvin the Martian wants to destroy the Duck! what more could we want in a comedy animated film. I enjoyed this 12 minute animated film, more than I enjoy animated films that run for 1.5 hours. HEaps of fun for the whole family. Recommended to anyone who gets a chance to view it.