Mars Attacks! (1996)
- Right after the Norris family is introduced, there is a short scene of General Decker playing golf with some fellow military brass. During that scene, he expresses disgust with President Dale's peaceful approach to the Martians.
- Nathalie's interview of Professor Kessler was slightly longer.
- Right after the Press Conference where the reporter asks the two sexes question, there is a short scene of Byron in his apartment going through a scrapbook and looking at all his victories, and the reason why he and Louise are divorced is revealed: Spousal abuse.
- A scene where Jason and Nathalie learn that they will both be going to cover the Martians' landing. The clip of Nathalie dancing in the trailer was part of this scene.
- The Pahrump massacre was a little longer.
- A short scene right after the Pahrump massacre showing the aftermath: surviving reporters too stunned to speak to any surviving camera crews, surviving soldiers trying to assess the situation, and traumatized and wounded civilians searching for separated loved ones.
- The Oval Office scene right after the Pahrump massacre was longer and showed President Dale and the others watching Carl Sagan being interviewed by Larry King, and Sagan was insisting that the Martians' attack was a cultural misunderstanding. It is highly unlikely Sagan and King would both have been available for cameo appearances (especially since Sagan's health was declining at the time), so it is probable that this was never filmed.
- The character of Cindy was given a slightly larger role and more lines.
- A short scene involving Byron taking a photo with three Asian businessmen, and Cindy bragging about how she gets big tips during national disasters, while images from the Pahrump massacre were playing on the TVs.
- A scene showing an anti-Martian protest in New York on the morning of their Congressional address.
- President Dale's speech after the Congressional massacre was longer and was supposed to have him announcing that diplomatic relations with the Martians will be completely suspended.
- Jerry's tour of the White House with the Martian Girl is slightly longer. Taffy wanders by and tells the Martian Girl to "make sure that he wears a condom".
- While heading for the President's bedroom, the Martian Girl was confronted by a Secret Service agent. When he asks who she is and why she is there, she pulls out her ray-gun and disintegrates him.
- A short scene showing a Martian "ritual" before the invasion. The Martian Leader ignites a globe of Earth.
- The Martians' attack on the White House was slightly longer.
- Right after Byron and Barbara discuss their plans to leave Las Vegas, there was a scene where Mr. Bava tells a group of panicking guests to remain calm, and that "the Army has arrived and will have the situation under control very soon."
- Right before Byron, Tom Jones, Barbara, Cindy, and the Rude Gambler leave the Luxor, there was a shot showing the Emergency Broadcast System on all of the casino's TVs.
- The Martians' attack on Las Vegas was slightly longer. During that scene, the Martian holding the translating computer was supposed to be saying, "HAVE A NICE DAY" in addition to "DON'T RUN, WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS."
- A short scene where Byron's group is going through the neon junkyard. Tom Jones refuses to try to risk flying Byron to Washington, D.C., fearing that the Martians' attack on that city could be much worse than their attacking Las Vegas, but Byron will not take "no" for an answer. The group is then confronted by another Martian and Tom Jones kills it.
- A short War Room scene where General Decker tells President Dale that the Martians will destroy Earth in around six days if they maintain their assault.
- The Martians attacking the retirement home was slightly longer.
- The "invasion" montage after the nuclear attack scene was longer. It showed cities like New York, Moscow, Tokyo, and Sydney being attacked, and landmarks such as the Great Pyramid, the Sphinx, the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, the Sydney Opera House, and part of the Great Wall of China being destroyed.
- A short scene involved Richie and Grandma arriving at the radio station and telling some survivors barricaded inside what the record will do. Though skeptical, the survivors relent and allow them in.
- The "Martians' defeat" montage was longer.
- Richie's speech at the end was longer.