IMDb > Leprechaun 4: In Space (1996) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Leprechaun 4: In Space

Leprechaun 4: In Space (V) More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Possibly the best movie involving a Leprechaun in space...Ever!

Author: Buggy-4
11 March 2002

Leprechaun in space has all the qualities for this years Oscars... despite the fact that it did not come out this year. The leprechaun displayed so much soul in the film i forgot that he was trying to kill at all. i even cried when he blew up for the third time, never mind that they used the same footage as the first two times he blew up. Brilliance pure brilliance. Not once did I wish for my eyes to be gouged out as i did while watching the atrocious "Astro Zombies." Ever scene captures your heart, from when the leprechaun comes out of a mans penis, to the totally unnecessary breast shot. The world would be a better place If there were more films like Leprechaun and less like "Trucks." Four out of Four puke buckets.

Also check out "Leprechaun in the Hood" and the fantastic miniseries "The Voyage of Mimi."

Let's not be serious

Author: krolls (krolls@erols.com) from Baltimore, MD
6 April 2000

What a delightful sendup of other movies.

It follows the plot of Alien, throws in some gratuitous sex, makes fun of marines, scientists, and women who will do anything for jewelry, puts in a dash of cross-dressing and Dr. Strangelove.

THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS HORROR MOVIE. The first in the series was a serious horror movie, by this point, the series is comedy with a horror motif.

Exquisite

Author: scarlet caulfield
27 June 2002

Leprechaun 4 is that rare film that takes you to a place you never knew existed. In this case it's the world of everyone's favorite leprechaun who has somehow ended up roaming around in space and decides to terrorize some unsuspecting travelers.

The acting is horrendous, the special effects are ultra cheesy, and the story, well, what story? And that's why this film is so great! My favorite part is the decline of Dr. Mittenhand. It creates a parallel to the life of one man, his struggles, his torments, and his eventual transformation into some sort of demented spider/human hybrid. Who hasn't dealt with that same trama and those same pains in their own lives? When his metamorphosis is complete, and he declares his new identity in the heart-wrenching line, "I am no longer Mittenhand, I am Mittenspider!" it is a true milestone reached in cinema.

And of course the Leprechaun represents the antagonist in us all. Big evil comes in quite the small package. The leprechaun, in his quest for his gold, is simply a puppet of capitalism and corporate greed. I think we could all learn a big lesson from this little fellow.

So, to summarize, I give this film a 7, because it is slow at points, but the occasional leprechaun in the pants scene redeems it all. Bravo!

Don't compare it, just have fun with it!

Author: benjambment from Dallas, USA
14 August 2001

People keep trying to compare this to some of the old "film greats" or to the first three movies. The most obvious thing about this movie from the very beginning is that it's not ANYTHING like any of the above - have fun with it people! It's not meant to be deep and philosophical, well-made, scary, or new and refreshing - it's meant to be FUN! Make sure you keep this in mind when viewing this movie and I guarantee you'll have a GREAT time!

This movie is so BAAAAD that it's GOOOOOOOOOD! On the bad/good continuum it comes full-circle and is one of my favorites of all time!

Most movies/stories have some sort of exposition, as in they tell why the Leprechaun is doing X or why this place is important, or how the antagonist got into his current position. This movie, heck no - you're thrown right into the midst of an already-happening plotline, no explanation, no reason why the Leprechaun's on some alien world with a hot chick, NOTHING! That's great! They didn't even TRY to make up a silly story to explain the badness, they just went with it!

Most movies have the gratuitous nude shot, be it just a breast, full frontal nudity, etc. This one does too, and the timing of it makes it HILARIOUS! *Just* when you're thinking "Hm, where's the obligatory gratuitous nude scene?" BAM! It hits you, and the context leaves your sides hurting from laughter.

They tried their hardest to get their point across that they're NOT being serious at all, and they do it well. This movie starts bad, gets weird, and then gets worse, and they don't pull any punches. There are random pants-eating scenes, mutants, and when you think you've seen it all, they throw in cross-dressing cybernetic marines!!

Rent it, think of Mystery Science Theater 3000, get some friends, and be prepared for the funniest movie you've ever seen!

Arrrr, I want me gold!

Author: Blakjak from Los Angeles, California
7 June 1999

Most film critics will tell you that sequels are, as a rule, inferior to their predecessors. By there very nature they are derivative, the bastard child of what was once a good idea. Sequels, especially ones of highly successful films, are almost necessarily cursed with a dearth of creativity, made simply to make money, a cynical perversion of the "art" of moviemaking.

That's why you have to see Leprechaun 4: In Space. A fearless fourth in the Leprechaun horror series, In Space breaks rules that either aren't written yet, or simply could not be broken by celluloid alone. A completely original feat, it was borne not from a good idea, but a very, very, very bad one. It succeeds a highly unsuccessful film, and if there's anything it doesn't lack, it's creativity. And trust me when I say this, L4 (as I like to call it) was definitely not out to make money. Rent it now! Rent it today!

My brain tried to jump from my skull...

Author: cornjob-2 from Prosper, Texas
18 June 1999

This movie hurts. Bad. If you watch it without the sound, it will remind you of a high school film. If you pay attention to the dialogue, you will wonder who's retarded parrot threw these words together. As I watched this film, I slowly felt my brain trying to tear itself from my head. As the movie progressively burnt my flesh, I came to realize that there is no movie worse than Leprechaun 4. Save yourselves and don't see this movie!! Even the "Behold my breasts and tremble" scene doesn't make this movie worth it. Not so bad it's good, but so bad it is excrutiatingly painful to watch.

A creative movie

Author: Quetzl from Detroit
30 June 1999

Creativity is a funny thing. It can either turn out be be brilliant and inspired, or can turn into utter crap. L4 is a very original, creatively done film, which approaches the genre from a unique perspective, a combination rip off of Alien and Dr. Strangelove. Not that it is any good, it is actually a horrible film, but hey, it is different. The horror sequences are silly and cheesy (Like when the antagonist crawls up a soldiers member), the attempts at humor fall flat. The whole thing is just dumb, but hey, bring some friends and have a day letting loose on it. Look for the little guy to flash the Trimark symbol of quality at the end.

Funny and Entertaining!

Author: Mike-842
20 July 1999

It's the 21st century, and a group of space marines are sent to destroy a monster that terrorizes the entire galaxy, the ultimate threat... A Leprechaun! This was a very funny movie, with the Leprechaun teaming up with a dastardly space princess who wants the Leprechaun's gold. Together the killer their way through a group of hilarious characters (but not as hilarious as in Leprechaun 3). Especially the Doctor, which Dr. Evil (From Austin Powers) resembles. Altough this came out in February '97 while the first Austing came out in May '97. Anyway, this was the 4th highest renting horror movie of '97. This is the second best Lep movie, following behind #3. Both of this were directed by Brian Trenchard-Smith, and I think he should direct Leprechaun 5: Lep In The Hood (Which is going to be theatrical and have more comedy than horror, it will star Warwick Davis and Ice-T and will be set in an inner city Los Angeles neighborhood. It will film in late summer, '99.

Worst Leprechaun EVER!

Author: Stalker74 from United States
18 March 2006

The original was a lot of fun and a fast-paced and good-hearted movie. This one is horrible. The Leprechaun's (Warwick Davis) acting here is atrocious. The rest of the cast is horrible. Most of this cast seems to be made of unknowns. Possibly they were part of some college acting class. There was not much chemistry between anybody. This was a direct-to-video entry, and everyone seems to have mailed it in. This is an exploitation film all the way.

The characters in L4 are just don't have any funny lines. There aren't any memorable scenes. There are a couple of T&A scenes that are lame. This movie is pretty bad.

Holy jumped up jesus

Author: Wayne_Gail from in space
13 January 2004

Well i did not think it could be done, but they did it. They somehow bridged the story of the evil lil irish mythology creature from las vegas into the FUTURE!!!!!!! and beyond. First id like to comment on the amzing cgi graphics. Between the table appearing out of nowhere ,a favorite between me and steffens couch which i spit up soda on when i saw it, and the leprechan turning big and saying 'im huge im magnificent :pelvit thrust: big is good' this movie will keep you on your toes. The crew of the doomed spaceship has to face all evil and avoid turning into spiders and getting thrown up and off of a bridge. the only hope for the crew is juwanna man who debates whether or not he looks like a fly. and watch out for those floating obscene gestures in space. IN SPACE HE LOVES TO HEAR YOU SCREAM.

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]