IMDb > Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace
Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

I screamed in pain, and other people joined me...

Author: Liz Croteau from Rochester, NY
22 October 2003

Dear lord. I went to see this movie in the theater only because my S.O. at the time dragged me along. Normally, even when a movie isn't great, I remain respectful of others and remain silent. Not so here. It was so bad, I was actually SCREAMING "Dear God, Why?!?!?" Instead of getting shushed or having people get angry, I actually had people JOIN me in the sentiment. It was like we had to support each other to survive the blasted thing.

See it only to abuse it. It pained me.

Wash Out your eyes

Author: Mathew Sawtell (Matthew-sawtell) from United Kingdom
10 June 2004

For anybody else who has sat and watched this, I urge you all to write and complain. I thought the Titanic was bad, so bad that I was routing for the iceberg, but this, this is beyond the limits.

92 minutes of 'What is going on', or 'what is the point 'questions. The truth, no point what so ever.

At least I did not pay to watch this at the cinema; I made the mistake of getting it out on video.

I can honestly say without fear or contradiction, that this film is the worst that I have ever EVER seen, and I have seen a lot.

a complete waste of video tape & time

Is this the end of the world? No, its Lawnmower Man 2!

Author: Sonatine97 (sonatine97@hotmail.com) from Birmingham, England
23 June 2000

Oh, God, this film is bad, oh so bad. I think I must have had too many beers in the pub prior to renting this pile of pants!

I do remember looking at the clock on the video and noticed 15 minutes of the film had passed. I don't remember the first 14 minutes, and by the time we got to 20, I realised I had better things to do, like inspect the innards of the toilet or cleanout the attic with a toothbrush & tweezers.

Its true when they say getting slightly drunk has an inverse affect on a person's ability to sort the wheat from the chaff. I must have had my drinks severely spiked to end up with something like this. But another good thing about alcohol, it makes you sleepy, and the following morning you tend to forget all those minor indescretions from the night before.

I like the original Lawnmower Man, and even though most sequels generally suck, this just gets blown away. I just don't have it in me to comment on the acting, directing etc, since they are all tended to blur into each other to form one big blob of Hmmm!

Not a good film, although if you have irritating guests in your home that you simply can't get rid of, put this on and I guarantee their coats will be on and the car keys ajingling before the opening credits finish!

Bad!

(blank)/*****

The Abortion That Somehow Survived...

Author: votok from The Megallanic Clouds in Orbit around the Milky Way
14 June 2004

An epic of unbounded worthlessness...

I always hate it when the sequel ignores the ending of the previous film and come up with a nonsensical way to continue the series on(Escape from the Planet of the Apes was the first to do that, though there was some redeeming value to continuing that particular series).

Anyway, dreadful as a descriptive term is not really enough. Abomination is more apt. Somehow the future has become a rainy Blade-Runner-esqe culture with lots of orphan kids banding together in subterranean hovels hacking the net and using words like "cool" a lot while fighting the Big Evil Fascist Programming Corporation. And becoming allied to Neo-Navaho Chip designers who've moved in to the Unibomber's cabin.

Enough with trying to describe this spam on film. It's main star, like the plot, has no legs to stand on right from the outset.

The Computer animation was far inferior to the first film, like low-grade hamburger is to prime-rib. Hamburger left out on the counter overnight. Phew!

A list of the faults and problems with this film could fill volumes and I'd just like to say AVOID THIS TORTURE, especially if you halfway liked the first film. This one completely ruins the first and even complaining about it won't help the sour taste left in your mouth after you swallow back your own bile.

Really, really ghastly...

Worst movie I've ever seen.

Author: Lochness_30 from Edmonton, Canada
13 February 2001

After suffering through this pitiful excuse for a movie. My girlfriend and I just looked at each other as if to say, "What the hell was that??".

If you feel like wasting a few bucks, give it to the poor! If you haven't seen this embarrassment yet, don't let your curiosity get the best of you. No matter how you look at it, you'll be very disappointed.

Rare is a movie this bad!!!!!

Author: Doug Galecawitz (dougg@evilnet.net) from Lisle, IL
25 August 1999

All effects, no plot, acting that puts a shame on Hollywood and makes us have to rethink this whole movie business, directing that could better be handled by a six year old, horible horrible writing, and a lame computer dork of a plot. Matt Frewer couldn't be worse as an actor. As an actor he makes a pretty good janitor. Just the Hacker's like plot alone is enough to nausiate me. This movie is so bad it rolls over and plagues the first one which was good. The only good part about this movie is using the tape as a coaster for your drink when watching something more entertaining like, infomertials.

Why did they do this?

Author: online-13 from Austin, Texas, USA
21 April 2004

God help me, but I actually liked the first movie. When I heard this movie was coming out, I rushed to the theater on the opening day.

At first I was confused, then upset, and finally insanely depressed. This movie was absolutely horrid. Bad acting, horrible plot, and mediocre effects. The first movie was definitely focused on adults/teens. This movie was either meant for young children or retarded monkeys (no offense intended to monkeys).

I should have seen it coming as there are no actors in common with both movies. This would not have been such a big deal if the "story" had not revolved around the original characters.

This was made by someone who hates everyone.

Author: X X from United States
21 December 2009

My brother has repressed the memory of this film. I remain traumatized. Why would anyone make a movie like this and release it? Do they hate people? What are they going to do for an encore? Kick the homeless? Steal from the food shelves?

This movie is terrible. Not in the so bad it is good way. This movie should not be viewed by anyone - ever. The plot is incoherent - acting wooden and has more holes in the plot than swiss cheese. I think this film can kill puppies, club seals, slash the rain forest, throw kittens in the river, oils penguins.

I'm going to get a roofalate and see if I can forget this movie.

So bad it's unbelievable

Author: chibidraco from Texas, USA
10 June 2000

Talk about a disgraceful waste of film. Sequels have a reputation for being bad and this was certainly no exception. The original Lawnmower Man kept me entertained and had something that its sequel lacked...namely, a plot. It was also missing the good acting, nifty special effects and everything else the original had to offer. Can we say regression in action? If it ever comes out on DVD you'll have a lovely decorative coaster. Or if you want to break up with your significant other then rent this movie to watch with them..they might be gone before the opening credits finish rolling.

So bad it's funny

Author: edwithmj from United Kingdom
4 April 2008

First of all I think Matt Frewer is a good actor. His role in Star Trek Next Generation as a bogus time travelling scientist was excellent and reminded me of James "Jim" Carrey. In this he tries very hard but the script and directing is not there at all. This "sequel" seems to contradict the ending of the first film completely and so I ended up watching it for the hilarious clichéd moments. Here's a list:

The tag line is laughable "God made him simple, science made him a god, now he wants revenge." What the hell is that about? He wants revenge? For what? On whom?

"Accessing secret files" What computer would ever say that?

"We have to make Jobe so angry he destroys himself". That part had me in hysterics. Trace's ludicrous explanation why that would work.

The fact that Jobe is somehow alive despite in the previous film he was practically incinerated.

That weird bit in the middle where they try to find out who wrote a computer program by looking at a 3D image of a word.

The bit where Jobe start to use bad language was really unexpected and very unnecessary.

The over the top and pointless sword fight at the end. I thought Jobe had to destroy himself? Why the sword fight?

That scary looking blonde woman. What was her role in the film exactly?

The cliché of Trace the old computer master is now living a "simple" life in the desert.

Homeless kids somehow have ganged together, taught themselves computer science to the degree that they know more than the average adult and have expensive equipment that WORKS in an old train.

The Chiron chip. That thing really confused me. What was it and what was that talk of Egypt? How can everyone live in cyberspace? Their bodies would die. The whole idea is ridiculous.

Trace's weird and annoying shaped mouth.

That fight where Trace picks up a TV and smashes it on someone's head. It was clearly fake it looked like it weighed as much as a cardboard box.

The whole film made absolutely NO SENSE.

Still it made me laugh.