A hard nosed drama about a hard nosed legend in modern union history.

Author: Richard Maurer (ram-30) from Red Earth, Saskatchewan
19 May 2000

"The Diana Kilmury Story" is a simple story that manages to hold your attention to the end even though the ending is predictable. The actress who plays Kilmury carries the suitable intensity of the Teamster boss and, when they show the real Kilmury at the end of the film, the audience will be shocked at the close resemblance between the actress and the real life character. The supporting cast includes veteran Stuart Margolin who plays her lover 20 years her senior and Nicholas Campbell and Wayne Robson play her supportive co-workers. The most amazing acting in my opinion is by the boy who plays her son in the early years. His portrayal of the anguished, mentally challenged child is above the range of most child actors. Diana's injustice, as she fights to get her long term disability, kept my interest throughout. That the film reminded me more of "Silkwood" than of "Hoffa" is meant to be a complement as I much preferred the former. Overall, "The Diana Kilmury Story" is well worth watching.