IMDb > The Craft (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Craft

The Craft More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 20:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

think mean girls with an edge(and multiply that to the nth degree)

Author: disdressed12 from Canada
20 July 2007

i liked this movie.i found it entertaining,creepy and amusing,for all the right reasons.the cast was perfect for this movie.the four main actresses seemed so natural together and really worked well off each other.it's fairly obvious this movie inspired others as well as some TV shows,one in particular.i loved the soundtrack.it just seemed so fitting not just for the movie but for the subject material.i think they the subject matter well,without making it ridiculous and campy.plus,the movie has many relevant issues for that age group (teenagers in high school) as well as society in general.it also has a great moral lesson,which i won't give away,but is probably fairly obvious.overall,the movie is a fun and thrilling 90 plus minutes."The Craft" is easily an 8/10 from me.

Delivers expectations.

Author: insomniac_rod from Noctropolis
3 July 2007

Very entertaining flick about three young witches and how they make a pretty, innocent girl turn into the Occultism.

Soon after they get REALLY into the Witchcraft aspect and more things related to an evil spirit, they start to lose control on their lives.

They use their powers for evil purposes and that's when hell breaks loose. The innocent girl, played by the sexy-beautiful , cute Robbin Tunney realizes that her life is in danger so she decides to leave the "clan" but that's when terrible things start to happen to her.

Pretty entertaining flick for a younger audience. Contains sensuality, use of drugs, and more aspects that PG-13 fans should enjoy.

A must see for the MTV Generation. I enjoyed it back when it premiered on theaters.

I like this movie

Author: ClarusTheDogCow from Oregon
20 May 2003

I like this movie. Even though I am male, I always had an interest in witchcraft and the like. I do not know too much about Wiccan culture, but I know it is based on nature, and for that reason I really like it because I'm a nature fan.

I liked how each of the girls had their own "social nitche" (ie; the goth, the recluse, the new girl, and the "minority"). It was well balanced. I think the four women did an excellent job in their own respective parts. Bravo!

I also liked now the girls got back on the racist ditz(Laura) and the jock (Chris). I liked this revenge theme going on, albeit, in the end it comes back and bites them back. What goes around comes around.

This movie is *not* for the religious fanatic as it deals with "alternative" beliefs. This is one of the main reasons why I like this movie so much, it features alternative beliefs rather than mainstream, boring spiritualities.

The soundtrack is great too!

As Nancy put it, "BRAVO!" (Claps his hands)

Author: Joel (Tenchi64589@aol.com) from Flower Mound, Texas
4 April 2003

This movie did have it's low points (Like in the beginning with the whole snake thing), but it is well worth watching.

It's a real intense piece of work, all four actresses did an excellent job.

Everything really came together, especially the near - end scene where Nancy and Sarah face off.

If you can, watch this movie... you'll really enjoy it.

Very Cool

Author: alicekeymer (alicekeymer@wongfaye.com) from Oregon
10 December 2002

The great thing about The Craft is that it reminds me of those 80's horror movies I used to watch as a kid. It's got suspense and thrills, which so few horror films have had in recent years. I would recommend it to anyone. I can't find a thing wrong with this movie, rent it now, trust me you won't regret it

Fairuza Balk steals the show!

Author: Ggould1975
4 November 2002

This is a really good witchcraft movie! Robin Tunney and Fairuza Balk give a great performaces in this movie. Robin Tunney(Sarah) moves to a new California town and starts hanging out with Fairuza Bulk and her bunch. Soon do they realize all 4 of them have powers that are unbelieveable. Throughout the movie you can tell how Fairuza is really into her charactor. The ending to this movie was great...with Tunney and Balk showing there powers. Nice cameo apperance by Christine Taylor)Wedding Singer, Brady Bunch movies) i give this movie 3 and a half stars ***1/2

The Daft.

Author: Shawn Watson from The Penumbra
15 April 2012

Teen angst movies are rarely realistic, and more rarely cast actual teenagers. A gaggle of twenty-somethings working through their collective angst with witchcraft is about as far-fetched as you can get. I'd willing to accept all of this if the film were clever or atmospheric, but it achieves neither, opting for a TV-style, by-the-numbers approach. It could have been so much more.

The story features four outcast girls (the sad, pouting Robin Tunney, the 29-year-old Rachel True, the mightily-boobed Neve Campbell, and the absolutely dee-lish Fairuza Balk) who come together to invoke the spirit of Manon (as sort-of universal deity with unlimited power) in order to satisfy their petty desires. Low-wattage drama with not one shred of an epic moment follows.

I liked this film when I saw it in the cinema as a teenager, mainly because of the yummy girls. As an adult I can see that the film has lots of lame dialogue, bad editing, and poor photography. Revenge fantasies, especially for high school kids, are clichéd and old-fashioned as well as being dangerous. There's not much reason to watch this other than ogling the skin on show.

Why this got an R-rating is beyond me. Apparently the MPAA regarded the witchcraft to be dangerous and insisted on an R when the film is clearly no harder than a PG-13. I think this is absolutely moronic. With their logic Harry Potter and Charmed should be for adults only.

Nature is both light and dark...

Author: PeachHamBeach from Morro Bay, Hammett Valley, Twin Rocks
20 April 2004

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I like this film because it presents a totally different religion (in a world and a SCHOOL where Catholicism and Christ are the main backbone) without shoving the alternative religion down our throats. I'm interested in different cultures and beliefs, including witchcraft. There are no good witches and there are no bad witches, because people have both goodness and badness inside of them. Nature is truthful in it's darkness as well as its light. The story is of four girls in an LA Catholic school: Bonnie (Neve Campbell), a girl who hides behind her shaggy hair and believes that burn scars on her back make her an ugly monster; Rochelle (Rachel True), a pretty black girl who is tormented by a mean spirited racist blonde (Christine Taylor); Sarah (Robin Tunney) a girl who recently moved into town from San Fran and whom the girls quickly notice has "natural" powers; and finally, Nancy (Fairuza Balk) the creepy, gleeful goth girl who seems to be the leader of the little group of misfits. With the arrival of Sarah, they are a foursome, and capable of "calling the corners". In time, they are able to make contact with their "god" Manon, who is described as "everything and everywhere", nature pretty much. They make wishes and cast spells and things begin to go their way: Sarah gets the school hunk (Skeet Ulrich) to fall for her; Bonnie's burn scars are healed and she turns from caterpillar to butterfly; Rochelle gets some revenge when mean Blondie's hair begins to fall out; and Nancy's step dad dies and leaves her family with more money than they know what to do with!!! I LOVED Balk in this movie. She has the goth chick down pat. Black lipstick, wicked personality. Hers was the most entertaining performance. The other girls are great too, more subtle, but great. The battle between darkness and light at the end is great and Tunney's performance is the best right next to Balk's. I disagree with those who call this "a scarey Clueless". It's a good, real horror movie about the world of witches. And no Harry Potter stuff here, thank God. In fact, this is scarier than THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK and that one is darn scarey!!! I wouldn't recommend this to kids under 13 at all!!! It's a good, real horror/thriller with clever comedy added in.

The Best Horror Film Of All Time!

Author: jamesthe1uk from east sussex, england
1 September 2001

As you can see from the above I really do like this movie. (I hated Scream!) The four actresses are really well cast and it is scary, probably more due to the fact that every child wants to get involved in witchcraft or black magic at one time in their life and this movie shows what happens when it gets out of hand. I particularly liked the ending and thought that the sound track was also wicked!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE....

Author: Mary Ann (lillyrose79601@yahoo.com) from Abilene, Texas USA
15 August 2001

I love this movie Fairuza Balk, Robin Tunney,Rachel True, and Neve Campbell are very good my favorite part is when they get together to cast spells I love the part where there in the forest and enter Sarah into their circle I'm really into movies that have to do with witches and I also like the spell Nancy, Bonnie, and Rochelle say at the beginning before they meet Sarah "Now is the time now is the hour of power....." I love this movie it's good.

Page 2 of 20:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]