IMDb > Der Clown (1996) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Der Clown (TV) More at IMDbPro »

incredible fun!!!!

Author: Kai Loeffler (kai.loeffler@mailexcite.com) from Bonn, Germany
30 March 1999

Max Zander, a very secret agent an even more secret international intelligence agency is transferred to the city of Dusseldorf (a first rate setting for an action flick) to investigate the evil Russian Mafia. We meet an old friend of Max who turns out to be a movie buff(he even knows a cutting edge insider film called "Pulp Fiction"). In a stroke of mercy he is removed from the film in a cool looking explosion. From then on Max becomes a merciless avenger(with a cheesy plastic mask) who fights the Russians on his own in his spare time. Well - what chances does the Mafia stand against one man? None, of course, if it's the Clown they're up against.

The stunt work and pyrotechnics are amazing, too. Parachute jumps, a truck being blown up with a bazooka(from within!!), motorcycle stunts - it's all there.

Image Van Damme in Death Wish directed by a pyromaniac with a 2-page script. Subtract plot, dialogue, continuity and timing and you're not even close. More fun than "Killer Tomatoes"!!

I got totally addicted to this stuff

Author: prolixdoghead from england
1 September 2002

I saw loads of this in france this year in french, I understood almost no dialogue but it just didnt matter. The humour translated real well and the action was just totaly international. Strong charactersand lots of fun.