IMDb > The Big Squeeze (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Big Squeeze More at IMDbPro »

Work of genius!

Author: doogieUK from United Kingdom
30 January 2008

I discovered this film in a small theatre in Boston when I was travelling around the USA after doing summer camp. It never had a release here in the UK and I had to wait years for it to appear on DVD. Strangely the brilliant soundtrack (by the Iguanas) turned up in a small movie store in northern England a few years later. I have great memories of watching Lara Flynn Boyle in the film, I remember I watched the Frighteners and spotted Peter Dobson. Was also great to see the lovely Danny Nucci in Titanic a few years later. Isn't it great when you discover a little gem and you enjoy telling your friends about it. Thanks to ebay I now own a copy of this great movie, and no-one I have shared it with has been disappointed.

Danny Nucci

Author: Renatacantada from United States
22 August 2006

I think I recall seeing Danny Nucci in the kid's show "Hey Dude" years ago, and he sure has grown up! He's hot! He is what made watching this movie worthwhile........ The premise of the movie is pretty lame and unbelievable, but Lara Flynn Boyle was lovely (this was before she lost so much weight). This must have been an early movie for Peter Dobson as well, I believe I've seen him in some other things since then. Luca Bercovici as Henry Mulhill was a wholly unlikeable character so you don't feel too bad for what goes on with him. Teresa DiSpina as Cece was a salty/sassy pleasure to watch. I would have liked to have her with more dialog in the movie. Again, unless you want to see Danni Nucci as a romantic lead (as I did), I would totally pass on this movie.

A body of bad film work

Author: Jimmy P from USA
4 May 2002

I came across this film on the Lifetime network. I decided to watch the film after realizing that Lara Flynn Boyle was the star. Her presence did improve the films palatability but, not enough to make my viewing experience pleasant. The reason for my dissatisfaction is the combination of bad or miscast acting, a lifeless script, and multidirectional film making. One half of the film almost has the feeling of an afterschool special and the other half attempts to be a gritty suspense piece with corn ball characters. This is the only movie that I have ever witnessed where church scenes are more exciting then the bar footage. My recommendation is to avoid this body of rubbish.