IMDb > Alone in the Woods (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Alone in the Woods More at IMDbPro »

alone in the woods

Author: babylonfan72 from United States
3 April 2013

While the story line as okay, the acting was 3 rate at best. and plot cheesy and the execution leaves much to be desired, this film was a waste of time and effort. Do not bother watching it find something else to watch please spare your self. I have not seen such a lousy film since attack of the killer Tomatoes circa 1980. I give this film 0.0 stars and say throw it on the cutting room floor.

If you are desperate for something to watch the by all means give this film a whirl. I am sorry I just could not get past the obnoxiously bad acting and fourth rate dialog the syntax was wore then Baby Geniuses give me a break is this the best Hollywood can come up with now for family films a 3 rate garbage film with unknown actors and actresses, come on Hollywood you can do better then this.

A bad attempt to copy Home Alone

Author: josnoope54 from knoxville tn
24 August 2002

Alone In The Woods is a bad attempt to copy the Home Alone concept with the young played by Brady Bluhm matching wits with the bad guys who are two of the dumbest that you can find.But this film pales compared to the John Hughes film. So if your looking for a good film stay away from this one about the only ones who will like this dog are the really young kids and it may be too much for them.

LAME!!!!!

Author: neobowler from United States
24 October 2002

I watched this movie and was bored out of my mind. It was just so extremely lame. It was such a Home Alone wannebe. The acting was so mediocre, and i have to wonder what the people were thinking when they made this movie. More than likely anyone that reads this hasn't seen the movie, and I won't tell you not to watch it, but I would not recommend it. The only reason I give it a 2 instead of a 1 is Blake Clark as Sarge trys to do something with this lame excuse for a movie.

In the mold of Home Alone Son gets separated from Parents.

Author: Ken Karcz (kkarcz@dct.com) from Green Bay, Wi
16 October 1998

Two dopey kidnappers Get more than they bargain for when a super-smart ten year old uncovers their plot....and swings into action! In the mold of Home Alone Child gets separated from parents.

Chick Vennera is the only reason why I wanted to watch this film.

Author: james362001 from Lancaster, California
1 November 2001

Chick Vennera is the only reason why I wanted to see this film. Mr. Vennera is very funny. Seeing a pregnant Laraine Newman is a sight to behold. It's good to see her acting again. I didn't really care for the film itself. Kids may like it, however some things in the film might give some kids bad ideas.