IMDb > "Two" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Two" More at IMDbPro »

Top 5 in my list of Favourite T.V. Shows ever

Author: Christopher Borg from Malta, Europe
31 July 1999

"Two" is absolutely brilliant and it's not "The Fugitive" made tv-show as many would think.

Ok, we have a man running away from F.B.I., but the reason why is different and his goal too.

"Two,", is the story of Gus McClain, a college professor with a beautiful young wife and a brilliant career ahead of him. Gus has everything he ever wanted - until terrible things begin to happen. He's doing things he can't explain, meeting people he can't remember and going places he can't control.

After the first episode, I said, "This show can't last long. If Gus continues to run away from the F.B.I. for 100 episodes, it would be as if the F.B.I are not able to arrest a person. And if he proves that his twin brother is the cause of everything, well, the show would be over!".

Despite this, I wanted to see it so badly to see what was going to happen.

Unfortunately, the show did end - it was not renewed for a second season by Twentieth Television.

Cast : Michael Easton was brilliant - he had a tough job to play two different (so different) characters and he did so brilliantly.

My vote : 95%

pretty good

Author: lizzy-8
20 January 1999

Ok, so I've not seen the whole series yet, (I missed the first two episodes). But from what I've seen so far, it's a premise not entirely unlike the Fugitive. It may not be the most original idea in the world, but as TV goes it's pretty good. For a serious drama it isn't up to much, but as mindless entertainment, I'm hooked.

Awesome Acting and Unbelievably Intense Series

Author: michael61962 (michael61962@yahoo.com) from Revere, Massachusetts
30 May 2004

I have never seen the movie, but I was an active follower of the television series ;o) Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase the film, I have been looking for it for quite a few years ;o) I consistently ask lots of people if they have ever heard of the television show called "Two" about two identical twin brothers who were separated at birth, and one of them, the good brother Gus, was being chased by the F. B. I. by a brunette F. B. I. agent, because of his convict brother, Brook, the bad brother. I watched faithfully and was quite upset when the show went off the air. So please, if anyone happens to know where I can purchase a copy of this awesome story, can you please let me know about it??? Sincerely, Michael

Brilliant, i wish they did more

Author: carojbj8 (carojbj8@yahoo.com) from UK
22 February 2001

Although i myself have missed a few of the episodes, including the first three, i found the rest of them very entertaining. It is true that the storyline isn't exactly original but the way that Michael Easton pulls off playing both characters is amazing. He's good at making you hate Booth and feel sympathetic for Gus. He really makes you believe that he has a twin brother. It just goes to show what an amazing actor he is. I am upset that they only made the one series. I would love to know if Gus manages to prove he has a brother and get his life back. I believe that if the show was allowed to go further it would improve greatly. I just love it.

Mediocre Adventure show

Author: sonya90028 from United States
24 December 2007

"Two" was a show on TV during the mid-90s. It was on the air, at the same time as several other late-night adventure-dramas. In fact, I thought that the 90s seemed to be the last great era of TV adventure shows. Don't know why, but I suspect folks just don't find the adventure show genre as appealing as they once did. Who knows?? I watched "Two" on a local syndicated station every Saturday night, and it came on after the 11:00 news. It starred hunky Michael Easton as the main character, named Gus McClain. Gus McClain was an earnest, milquetoast college professor, who led a nice, tame life.

Everything was great for Gus, until he found his wife had been suddenly murdered one day. This show had the exact same premise as the "Fugitive" series. Instead of chasing a one-armed culprit, Gus McClain finds that his own evil twin brother, Booth, had committed his wife's murder. And Gus vows to capture Booth, and bring him to justice.

There's just one hitch though-the FBI thinks Gus committed the crime, since they've no way of knowing that Gus has a twin brother. It gets even more complicated, when Booth kills one of the pursuing FBI agent's partner. This FBI agent then becomes insanely obsessed with capturing Gus. And she almost does, on more than one occasion during the series run. But Gus always manages to slip through her proverbial 'grasp'.

Basically the whole series is based on Gus capturing Booth, before the FBI can get Gus. Nothing new about this type of cat-and-mouse scenario. Anyone who watches TV with any frequency, has seen it all before. I'd say the only reason to watch "Two", is if you happen to be a Michael Easton fan. Otherwise, "Two" is, at best, a mediocre adventure show.