IMDb > "The Steve Harvey Show" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Steve Harvey Show" More at IMDbPro »

Commentary

Author: raysond from Chapel Hill, North Carolina
25 April 2002

I'm surprised that The Steve Harvey Show ran for an incredible seven seasons on the WB before it was cancelled back here in February of 2002. This was a very funny show as we watched as 70's band leader of his own funk musical group and music teacher Steve Hightower(played by Steve Harvey) go through the motions and who always tries to win the hand of his lost love Regina "Piggy" Grier(who was the principal in charge at Booker T. Washington High School played by Wendy Raquel Robinson)which most of times ends up with hilarious results alongside his partner the physical education teacher and head football coach Sedrick Washington(played by Cedric The Entertainer)who was always in a jam or two either with their co-workers or other female encounters. However,the show had two bumbling students Romeo and Bullethead who were always on Mr. Hightower's last nerve and often pull pranks on him. However,the show did have a relationship between Coach Robinson and the head secretary(played by Terri Vaughn)who during the shows' initial run got married and started a family. As for Mr. Hightower and Ms. Grier(the school principal),they had their ups and downs too,but it wasn't until the shows' final episode when she not only dumped his behind,but got him fired from his job.....that's cold.

As for the students Romeo and Bullethead,well in the final episode they FINALLY graduated from high school after seven years stuck looking at Mr. Hightower and Ms. Grier.

The Steve Harvey Show knew to quit when they were ahead,but in all aspects it was a very funny and hilarious show with a message in between some of the segments. Nowadays the show is in reruns and can be seen across the country and on Superstation WGN in Chicago and Superstation TBS.

Some Great TV!

Author: dgordon-1 from Toronto, Canada
27 September 2002

For situation comedies, "The Steve Harvey Show" ranks up at the top of the list. Steve Harvey, Cedric The Entertainer, and the rest of the cast really made this show tick. It was always funny to watch, and the time would just seem to fly by when watching an episode. I was sorry to see it leave the air, but at the same time it had a respectable run. Any longer, and it would have been played out, and lose it's humour. I hope Steve Harvey keeps in the TV business or makes movies, because he is a real comedic force to be reckoned with!

One of the best shows ever!

Author: misterterry from United States
5 September 2005

Man, the SHS is up there with Seinfeld and all those other classic sitcoms, I watch the show twice a day and never get sick of it, just like Seinfeld. If you love to laugh, watch the show. Steve Harvey is funny as hell, although in most cases he's somewhat like the voice of reason, when he lies to women and gets caught up (like when he pretended to be blind) it's the best. Regina is funny because although she's a professional every now and then she gets a little childish. Lovita is just like a straight hood rat, but she still has class. The funniest stuff is when she says "YOU KNOW I'M CRAZY, RIGHT?". Has me dying. Cedric is the funniest one on there. "You can't go ________ all WILLY NILLY!". All this and I haven't even mentioned the students. Bullethead and Romeo, along sometimes with Lydia or Coretta are all hilarious. Great show.

An absolute WB classic!

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
26 July 2006

"THE STEVE HARVEY SHOW," in my opinion, is an absolute FOX classic! I haven't seen every episode, but I still enjoyed it. It's hard to say which episode was my favorite. However, I think it was always funny when a mishap occurred. I always laughed at that. If you ask me, it was nice that all of the main characters had stayed with the show throughout its entire run. It seems that no one stays with a show throughout its entire run. Everyone always gave a good performance, the production design was spectacular, the costumes were well-designed, and the writing was always very strong. In conclusion, although it can currently be seen on the WB in reruns, I hope you catch it one day before it goes off the air for good.

Great Show!!!

Author: tif156 from United States
3 January 2006

The love the Steve Harvey Show! I think that the entire cast is wonderful. The chemistry between the characters works really well. I loved watching Romeo, Lydia, and Bullethead get into all sort of things. Steve, Cedric, Regina and Levita had me laughing with their off the wall comments. I really wish that there would be more shows like this! The humor is very unique and the improv comments that Steve makes has me cracking up and laughing. Regina is a huge talent. I wish I had her body, wardrobe, and dance moves. Lydia Liza def. on of my favorites. When she would talk about her lover (Arthur), I would crack up laughing. She is a huge talent and I hope to see her in many more roles. She brings so much to the cast. Love this show!!!!

Classic

Author: drdreads from United States
31 May 2006

I was young when this show started playing and I didn't watch one episode...but then the reruns on TBS started. I got hooked instantly. Watching the antics of Steve, Cedric, Levita and Regina along with the students Romeo and Bullethead( and sometimes, Lydia) was just hilarious. Romeo and Bullethead have this on screen chemistry thats just amazing and keeps you doubled over with gut-busting laughter, and Steve's conversations with his students are even funnier. Him being a former member of the Hi-Tops just adds to the show, and furthers the plot. Basically, its just a good show, and they need more like it nowadays.

It should have gone for years!

Author: kendolan from United States
21 December 2004

I never caught the show at the beginning, but I saw every rerun of the Steve Harvey show at least twice. After seeing only a few episodes one could hardly help but feel like "family" with the cast. Each episode was well put together, with Steve, Cedric, Regina and the crew interacting with each other as if the show was "live". It was really a fantastic show, and if somehow another season could be added, it would be a hit! Steve has gone ahead with other shows, such as his variety show, but his talent for acting should bring back another comedy series, preferably with some of his former cohorts, i.e. Cedric and Regina.

Funny Show!!!!!!!

Author: funnyalex04 from United States
26 February 2006

"The Steve Harvey Show" is a great example of comedy, singing, dancing, and great acting!!!! the show captured greatness but I'm surprised it was never nominated for an Emmy or a Golden Globe. i guess Hollywood doesn't want to recognize the greats!!! 14 Image Awards! YESSS! Humor: A+ Acting: A+ Emotion: B Overall Grade: B+ the show could have gone for 10 years. but i think the show had 6 wonderful seasons and it's nice to leave when you're on TOP! Like Michael Jordan. ON TOP!!!! those punchlines were dead-on!!!!!!!!! it takes a very funny comic to come up with lines like that "He thinks Hamlet is something you order with home fries and toast" maybe it's good acting maybe it's Steve sense of humor i'm not sure but like he says "I'm funny! you can kiss my ass if you don't think so!" but way to go Steve congrats man!!!!!

What Is wrong?

Author: PanicAtTheMovieTheater from United States
2 January 2007

How come you guys are crediting Merlin Santana and Wendy Raquel Robinson as only being in 4 episodes? You are WRONG! They were in the show for more than 4 episodes. You even put Steve Harvey as being in only 4 episodes. What is wrong with you guys? I am so annoyed at the fact that you don't have trivia for certain shows and then when you do have only ONE trivia question you guys include a "more" link when there is no more trivia.

I don't really know where I should be putting this at, so please don't be upset with me OK guys at internet movie database? I think that you should put that Merlin Santana died in the trivia section. It was very sad and unfortunate.

Show Dedication

Author: thisisdei from United States
14 October 2005

I'm not sure that I am in the right place to ask this question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on your site. I have a question about the dedication of your shows. My mother and I have noticed that your shows end with a dedication to the memory of Midge Sinclair. My mother insists that she remembers this name from somewhere but I can't seem to find any information on her. Can you please tell us who is this Midge Sinclair? Was she a famous actress or model? Or was she a close relative or friend of Steve Harvey? I would also like to note that our entire family really enjoys watching the Steve Harvey show, I just wish it came on more often throughout the day.