IMDb > "Power Rangers Zeo" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Power Rangers Zeo"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Power Rangers Zeo" More at IMDbPro »

That's more like it

Author: SpideyTerry from Ardmore, PA
20 May 2000

Zeo pretty much abandoned the original show's corny aspects and became something better. They got better special effects, sets and an awesome storyline. The cast was great and it was especially great when (surprisingly) Austin St. John returns as Jason to be the Gold Ranger. This show was one of the more creative ones in the Power Rangers series. Very good.

Best of All of them

Author: Derek-86
25 July 2000

I can't speak for other people when I say this but I consider "Power Rangers Zeo" to be the best out of all the Power Ranger series. First of all the graphics were great (thought that Power Rangers in space graphics were better but thats another story) Also the sounds were better too. The beginning zords weren't as great as "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" but it got around later in the season. Also the series ended with a big movie. "Power Rangers Turbo: The movie" I consider this is the best series because of all these reasons or because it was the first sequel (spinoff) from the original and I was pretty excited about that.

This was the best one

Author: fullenw from United States
17 September 2007

Zeo was hands down the best and most interesting Power rangers series to date.(I haven't watched pat Dino Thunder btw) Zeo had the best theme song, best outfits. They had the toughest villains. The Machine Empire kept Rita and Zedd on the run. Plus the Cogs were the only henchman of any series to put up a good fight against the rangers.The Zeo Zords didn't have my favorite design but i wont lie and say they weren't effective.

Zeo also had the best stories. Every episode wasn't just "happy go lucky and beat the bad guys" They'd put a good storyline in every so often.

The only bad thing was that Billy wasn't a ranger. That made no sense considering he's been there since the 1st episode. Jason (the original red ranger) however did return as the new Gold ranger. Why didn't they give that to Billy? Oh well. Best of all the cast was stable as opposed to changing every year.

Author: hazardmc88 from United Kingdom
27 January 2007

Power rangers Zeo is a refreshing new beginning to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series which towards the end of its GREAT three year run started to become stale and boring with only minor changes every so often. When the command centre was destroyed at the end of season 3 fans like myself were both shocked and excited. with millions of fans wondering what would come of the power rangers without their powers, the era of Zeo began. With a new ranger and the power of the zeo crystal the power rangers evolved into the power rangers Zeo, with new costumes, new zords, new enemies in the machine empire and new allies. Now I'm not going to say this was an amazing series because it wasn't after all there is never anything like the original but it did give power rangers fans the excitement they once had. The acting in the series in my opinion is surprisingly better than the previous 3 and some of the stories are fantastic!

Great followup to a classic!

Author: Robbie14 from Long Island
9 February 2004

(SLIGHT SPOILERS!) The story: The sinister Master Vile has come and turned the Power Rangers into into little kids by use of the Orb of Doom. So now, they all had to find a piece of the Zeo Crystal to gain their powers! While they all find found their crystals, and got their real ages back, Aisha the yellow ranger, stayed in Africa when she got her crystal to take care of sick animals, and sent a girl named Tanya in her place as the new ranger. After they all got their crystals, they became new Zeo Rangers! Also, the Machine Empire takes over to try to defeat the rangers! Jason, the original red ranger, also comes back as the Gold Ranger for a little while.

This new series didn't also have a better storyline to it, but better special effects, cool costumes, and awesome villains!

Score: *****/*****

*** out of 4 stars

Author: bclayton1 from North Carolina
19 May 2003

Reasonably good (if somewhat overrated) followup to the three seasons of "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers." Tight pacing, a well-written storyline, and decent acting all help move the story along; but the show is marred by extreme silliness at times and extreme seriousness. Despite all that, "Zeo" is quite entertaining if you don't expect much from it.

Followed by: "Power Rangers Turbo," "Power Rangers in Space," "Power Rangers Lost Galaxy," "Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue," "Power Rangers Time Force," "Power Rangers Wild Force," and "Power Rangers Ninja Storm."

Saban Picks up on the Super Sentai tradition but...

Author: Don McCullen from Colorado Springs, Colorado
19 November 2002

Being with Power Rangers Zeo Saban joins Japanese counterpart Toei in tradition of changing the Power Rangers every year. Zeo more/less follow its counter part 'Super Task Force' regarding the shows villains The 'Machine Empire' and plot to have machines take over Earth. However it still does not quite follow the show and still is in a MMPR mode. However adapting to the Senati tradition beginning with Zeo is a great start. A few bumps in the road but Power Rangers is getting their.

Great series

Author: anonymous
1 January 1999

During the course of this series, Power Rangers began to mature. The stories began to get better and eventually we got the excellence of Power Rangers in Space. The Machine Empire were an interesting villain. The battles could have been longer. But this show was great!

Not as excellent as MMPR, but a great continuation to the series

Author: gavin-thelordofthefu-48-460297 from United States
6 October 2012

I liked MMPR. The first two seasons were compelling, but the third season was much weaker when the episodes were lackluster, but not unwatchable. So, when I heard that they continued the show with Zeo rangers, I was virtually impressed after watching it and I officially liked it. Perhaps not as excellent as MMPR, but a great continuation to the series. Some of the episodes were weak, but the first few episodes showed the origins of the Zeo rangers perfectly. Some of the monsters are great, but only, shall I say, four of them got on my nerves with their annoying voices.

Flaws aside, everything else turned out excellent. The characters are as likable as ever especially in their ranger forms along with some great depth from them. Alpha from MMPR is pretty good with his catchy "Ai Ai Ai Ai Yi!" catchphrases which makes him pretty funny in this show too. The morphing sequences are excellent and have improved over the cheesy but tolerable morphing sequences in MMPR, I think. The villains, although not in the same depth as Lord Zedd, are at least decent, but the strongest aspect goes to the megazord fight sequences.

Overall, not as excellent as MMPR, but a great continuation that is always worth-watching for children and die-hard fans of power rangers.

The Zeo Rangers were Power Rangers at their best! True Power Rangers!

Author: EarlRoberson from United States
30 November 2005

To me, the Zeo Rangers were Power Rangers at their best! I even liked their ranger suits and zords better than all the other Power Rangers. The Zeo Rangers had awesome zords interesting allies and unique robotic villains to battle. The show just wasn't long enough! I really wish this entire series was on DVD boxsets!In the U.S. The Zeo Rangers is the second set of Power Rangers, after the Mighty Morphin Rangers. Energy source for the Zeo Rangers was the zeo crystals. The Zeo Rangers command center was constructed (buried) under the Mighty Morphin Rangers command center. Villains of the Zeo Rangers were King Mundo with his family ( evil alien robots ) and palace along with their robot soldiers called Cogs. Allies were Auric the Conquer (automatic battle zord) and Trey (triplet morphing alien) the gold ranger who controlled a ship and zord, Pyramidas ...and provided the Zeo Rangers with the gold Zeo Power Coins which provided each ranger with their on super zeo zord to help them when things got rough. The rangers Super Zeo Zords combined to form the Super Zeo Megazord!