IMDb > "L.A. Firefighters" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"L.A. Firefighters" More at IMDbPro »

Very bad TV show!

Author: dhuck989 from United States
30 August 2006

I vaguely remember this show because the LA County Fire Dept held a press conference and demanded basically that there name be removed after it premiered. I recalled the Fire Dept was complaining about how they were being portrayed on the show. The Fire Dept was shown in a bad way on the show. I remember in one episode, the captain casually walks out of the Fire Station telling the others he was going down the street to have a beer or two while he was still on duty. I think they were trying to make this show like "Emergency" but the failed miserably. "Emergency" is a classic TV show from the 1970's about firefighters and the profession. This new show does not even come close.

One Of Televisions Worst Shows!

Author: Chin Thammasaengsri (starbase29@juno.com) from Los Angeles, Ca
30 May 1999

In passing through IMDB, I happened upon this show and it brought back horrid memories of a show that wanted to be a hybrid of Baywatch/Emergency/Melrose Place. This show fell far short of being this decade's "Emergency!" and it didn't even do a good job of being Baywatch.

In the end, the only thing this show left in its wake was a real Los Angeles County Fire Department that will no longer lend its name or its symbols to firefighting shows of any kind, barring Jack Webb returns from the dead to revive "Emergency!"

It's too bad this show is taking up space in Fox-TV's film vaults.