IMDb > "Judge Judy" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Judge Judy"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Judge Judy" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Hell Judge

Author: IrockGswift (IrockGswift@aol.com) from east orange, new jersey
2 February 2010

When I first started watching Judge Judy back in the 90s I said finally we have a judge that's honest and fair. But when i started watching it again recently she became a belligerent monster. I know a judge has to be fair in the ruling but where is the empathy for another human being. She now lacks any kindness in her soul. She is intimidating,sarcastic,berating,and heartless. I use to find this show funny as she gets on people that rather party and leave their baby with an unfit babysitter. But now she's gone too far as to insult people and doesn't have enough patience to hear a litigant out which could be an important factor of winning their case. As I stating earlier in this comment about her being fair and honest doesn't exist any longer. Judge Judy hears what she wants to hear and then cut people short with her crude remarks. I just watch the bailiff Byrd and I think even he is intimidated by her loose cannon demeanor. In all actually I think her show is for ratings no judge could every be that mean and disrespectful to the point of looking unprofessional. I surprise nobody took her to court for defamation of character. At first I found it entertaining but now the show is a joke within itself as we look for Judge Judy to bring order in the court.

Not a fair show

Author: debra_brady2000 from United States
20 October 2008

I don t find most of her judgments fair. People bring in receipts and she picks and chooses..no one gets all they lost...take your problem to another judge. I do think she is great with small children..but calling teens losers or stupid is out of line and then doing the same to the parents..well..its seems very unprofessional. I realize these court shows are not on television for justice but for entertainment. Many of them are actually good. They are fair and entertaining..however, the Judge Judy show shows court and judges at their worst. She s rude..she doesn't listen ..she picks and chooses what she "wants" to hear which often seems to cause the real issue to be side stepped. This is not fun and games this is about peoples real lives. I wish she would step up the professional ladder a bit.

Has some entertainment value... but I see why some people hate it

Author: Wizard-8 from Victoria, BC
5 January 2012

I occasionally tune into "Judge Judy" when I am in the mood for some kind of guilty pleasure. One thing that gives me a lot of enjoyment is seeing someone who is really guilty and/or stupid getting their just desserts, and quite often the show has someone like that feeling Judge Judy's wraith.

But I don't watch the show all the time. If I watch the show repeatedly over a short period of time, some things start to bother me. As others have pointed out, Judge Judy can be hostile towards even the most innocent people. And even when people try to be polite, they can get a hostile response. For example, I've seen many times when people politely put up their hand when someone else is speaking, only to have Judge Judy shriek at them, "PUT YOUR HAND DOWN!"

I do know that participants of "Judge Judy" must know what to expect when they agree to do the show... but still a lot of Judge Judy's attitude towards them seems unfair.

Worth watching a few times, and the show definitely has a large audience, going on for over 15 years. Still, the show can sometimes leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Badly flawed

Author: welshNick from United Kingdom
22 July 2012

Anyone who has a serious legal case really needs their head tested if they are going to try and settle it on this show. This is an 'entertainment' show not a legal show. Heavy editing is also used to make Judy look good. The main problem in this is she will make an uninformed opinion without hearing all the facts and then nothing else she hears will matter, she's made her mind up and even if proved to be wrong she will not change her mind. Apart from being grossly unfair this makes a mockery of the legal system. I did hear of one case where the defendant had a perfect answer for each question and totally outmanoevered her. Filming stopped, and the producer appeared to remind them this was a TV show not a 'real' courtroom. If you have a legal case to settle, do it in court, not here, you have been warned.

Judge Judy Used to be Pretty Good

Author: Charles Eldredcge from United States
14 January 2014

I used to like the show pretty good, but now she is so short and arrogant. She no longer listens to the facts of the case to render a fair judgment. I guess they are doing it for ratings, but I watch it much less now because of it. Come on Judge Judy and producers/directors...tone it down a bit, let the litigants present their evidence and give us the courtroom experience we are looking for. I don't watch Jerry Springer and I watch Judge Judy a lot less now. I want to see a fair and lawful judgment...that's why I watch court shows that have real litigants. Judge Milian my favorite now...along with Judge Mathis and Judge Alex...they all listen to the cases... although some of them allow a little too much background detail to be given by the litigants. Judge Milian is the best.

What is her appeal!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
1 November 2009

I mean I don't get Judge Judy. Every time her show is on the air or she is on Larry King Live, I get annoyed by her superior attitude and her authoritative mannerisms. Maybe we live in sadistic society where we enjoy people getting lessons in etiquette, proper rules, and dealing with one another. Judge Judy would be the last that I would call. She's mean to most of the people who come into her courtroom. It's like they know what to expect. She did for courtroom shows what Oprah did for talk shows. Hopefully, many of these courtroom shows will fade away as the talk shows did. She's loud, whiny, opinionated, and annoying. That's only after one episode. She's got lots of opinions but where are her critics. I'm sure that because of realism and sadism's popularity in today's culture can allow the intolerance of a former family judge to let people air their dirty laundry in public for their fifteen minutes of fame. To me, Judge Judy isn't worth the time.

I will no longer be watching Judge Judy due to her childish behavior...you have created a "monster". This is not the way I feel judges in the United States of America should be represented. I &qu

Author: idoride from Lebanon, Missouri
15 March 2004

Years ago I watched Judge Judy faithfully. I enjoyed her wit, humor and believe it or not, her "human" side. Yes, her human side used to show through once in awhile.

I watched the show today for the first time in years and was shocked at her rudeness, crudeness and the way she "talked down" to people. There will come a day that she will realize that her behavior is wrong. She is not better than anybody else. You have created a monster. I miss the old "Judge Judy". The one whose "love of family and life" shone through even while controlling the courtroom. This is not the way I prefer for the judges in the United States of America to be represented!

I have had to stop watching this lady--she's obnoxious!

Author: mawoodman from Newark, DE
22 October 2013

I have watched these shows since Judge Wapner, but I have had to stop watching her episodes--there is no reason for the rudeness and often poor judgment she displays. I realized that some of the people in the cases she hears aren't wrapped too tight, but when she looks someone in the eye and calls them a liar with no grounds other than instinct, she's just plain wrong. What ever happened to a "body of evidence?"

Two specific cases come to mind--the owner of a limo service who was accused of switching vehicles and stated that he never carried that vehicle and had a brochure to prove it, and a landlord who stated that it cost over $4000 to restore a house when a tenant left it, but the person who evaluated it wasn't present. However, he DID have both the bills and the before and after photos, which she absolutely refused to look at! I'm sorry, but I have participated in one way or another in a number of hearings, and this is NOT the behavior I have ever seen in a legitimate judge.

It certainly isn't entertainment--that's for sure!

unbelievably terrible!!!!!!!!!

Author: oliviamcpeek from United States
3 December 2009

Every time I watch her show, I am totally amazed by just how rude and mean she is to everybody. She is the biggest most opinionated bitch I've ever seen! She is totally, completely incompetent. She wont even look at the evidence people have half the time. I pray to GOD that our legal system is not full of terrible people like this! Some people just shouldn't have any power. If she was a dictator, everyone in her country would be gassed, babies and grandmas included. She needs her voice box removed like they do to dogs that bark all the time. She tries to force manners and stupid Emily Post crap on people, while totally forgetting about manners and how to treat people herself. She is such a hypocrite! She really must have no friends at all. Hopefully for the sake of justice and the dignity of this countrie's legel system, she will be fired ASAP!

What an annoying woman!

Author: Toad-18 from Austin, Texas
29 December 1999

Judge Judy is an annoying and rude woman who constantly berates the people in her court, giving them little or no respect. She reminds me of many teachers I had in school. I highly recommend "Judge Mills Lane," because he (usually) respects the people in his court.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]