IMDb > "The Jamie Foxx Show" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Jamie Foxx Show" More at IMDbPro »

One of the better shows on the WB

Author: raysond from Chapel Hill, North Carolina
30 January 2001

This was one of the funniest shows out there! Jamie Foxx had me crying laughing every time! His character was so convincing that he could get away with anything he pleased since he was just a bellhop who moved up in the business with his uncle and aunt at the Kings Tower Hotel. But he always was cool with his co-workers like Braxton and Fancy(especially when he tries to fall for her),but sometimes could come up with a scheme for anything,usually with hilarious results. Great show! Man,can he sing too!

An absolute WB classic!

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
23 July 2007

"THE JAMIE FOXX SHOW," in my opinion, is an absolute WB classic! I haven't seen every episode, but I still enjoyed it. It's hard to say which episode was my favorite. However, I think it was always funny when a mishap occurred. I always laughed at that. If you ask me, it was nice that all of the main characters had stayed with the show throughout its entire run. It seems that no one stays with a show throughout its entire run. Everyone always gave a good performance, the production design was spectacular, the costumes were well-designed, and the writing was always very strong. In conclusion, although it can currently be seen on BET in reruns, I hope you catch it one day before it goes off the air for good.

this show takes me back

Author: EasyAttack from Los Angeles, California
18 February 2005

Man, this show takes me back! The Jamie Foxx show was too funny for words. The things this man said and did on his show was hilarious. I use to love this character he use to play named Tryone Coppel. Tyrone Coppel was basically the black version of Ted Coppel and he would say things like "Westside" and "back up off me" in Ted Coppels voice. There were also a lot of in-jokes on this show about the city of Los Angeles, and if you don't live in LA like I do or are familiar with the city, you probably won't get them. This show followed a really simple formula but it was still hilarious. I also liked the guy who played Braxton P. Hartnabrig. This guy is responsible for coining the word "bro-ham" and was a funny straight man for Foxx. Uncle Junior King played by the great Garret Morris was also hilarious as Jamie's cheap-skate uncle. If you want to laugh out loud, then I suggest you check out the Jamie Foxx show. Season 1 is out on DVD now.

Talented brother

Author: IrockGswift (IrockGswift@aol.com) from east orange, new jersey
5 June 2009

During the time this show originally aired Jamie Foxx was already a self-made star thanks to "In Living Color". This guy is very talented he can sing,tell jokes,and play various instruments such as a piano. Jamie displayed this talent while portraying himself on the show. At the time I think his show was a little underrated and people didn't give Jamie the respect he deserves. The show was light-hearted and at times silly but that was his character. He had a few serious episodes where his uncle junior was afraid to have surgery and teaching a kid the value of money. The most hilarious part was during the first few season of the show where Braxton and Jamie are competing rivals for Fanci's love. Then towards the end Jamie's crush turn into full bloom love and him and Braxton becoming trustworthy friends. Round the time this show was air he starred in movies with Samuel Jackson,Will Smith,Nia Long and In Living Color co-star Tommy Davidson. Jamie was already in the entertainment industry long before his star status rocketed after the biopic movie Ray. Since then he recorded Unpredictable in 2005 and Intuition in 2008. Also guest-starred on various hip-hop and r&b artist recordings. It seems like Jamie Foxx is a hot commodity in the entertainment industry. By catching the reruns of the Jamie Foxx show its about time he got his break.

Awkwardly simple.

Author: petersaarloos from Netherlands
21 August 2008

"The Jamie Foxx Show", on first glance, isn't all that bad. Garcelle Beauvais is a beautiful actress, Jamie Foxx is a great actor with a very lively character and the rest of the characters sorta fade to the background.

It gets awkward when watching the second episode. It's too simple. The title song says it all; it's simple, my baby rocks my world. That's it. Are we supposed to just watch Garcelle flick around with Jamie, period? Now the character Jamie Foxx is great and although the concept isn't all that original any more after watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air, he does pull it off pretty well.

But do we really want to look at 20 minutes of Jamie Foxx saying funny things? Where's the plot? The interaction? It feels like a bad excuse for a sitcom and after the first episode you'll watch it with a frown on your face.

This show is off the hook

Author: sweetdj8 from United States
7 May 2006

This show is one of my favorites. I do not mean to be bias but I love this show. Jamie Foxx is so funny on this show. Every episode makes me literally laugh out loud. In order to really love this show as much as I, you have to like Jamie's witty, silly, wild, slap-stick and sometimes corny sense of humor. Jamie is absolutely my favorite character and Braxton is sometimes good for a laugh also. The only problems I have are that while Jamie is SUPER funny and cracking jokes all of the time, the other character can be very cheesy, not funny. Also, in the later seasons they brought in an Asian-looking lady as to play maid who turned me off completely. I hated when she spoke. Her fake Asian accent was horrible. Nevertheless, this show is the bomb.

The Jamie Foxx Show Was A Classic TV Show

Author: keithpettyworld from United States
30 April 2006

I would say the t.v. show is a classic. Because Jamie Foxx is the main character of the show and really do love him. I would say my favorite episode is when Jamie and Fancy got married. I would say this is the best show ever. It's funny as it relates to some people out here in the world. This show isn't just funny, but it shows a lot of talent which Jamie can sing and also it shows that he caring and he is there when you need a friend. I'll never forget that one episode when he thought Silace was cheating on Fancy. Jamie and Fancy went salsa dancing and Silace appeared with this beautiful lady which was his dance instructor. But Jamie and Fancy thought other wise. But in the end Silace and Fancy got. The Jamie Foxx Show is a classical comedy. There is never a dull moment throughout the entire 5 seasons. Jamie Foxx delivers a brilliant, hilarious, and an unforgettable performance. Garrett Moris adds his own flavor of comedy and is a great addition to the show. Garcelle Beauvais, Ella English, and Christopher Duncan also give the show that certain spice that pushes it over the top for an excellent show. Great jokes, hilarious faces, and funny body postures are the ingredients that help this show set the standard for sitcoms following it. Jamie Foxx and his extreme sense of humor made The Jamie Foxx Show ahead of its time and a classic sitcom! Jamie Foxx had a really great show. I'm glad the show finished and didn't get canceled. It was really funny. I like when Jaime Foxx sing on there. I love his voice. Overall, each character helped make the show to a very successful one. Those little add in jokes he says are hilarious.