IMDb > "Bone Chillers" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Bone Chillers" More at IMDbPro »

Enjoyable,uncomplicated fun!

Author: Katy (pgrubby13) from London, England
12 January 2003

What is it with people today! A show suddenly needs about 5 sub plots, a long complicated story line and (if you want any kind of critical recognition) an important social or political message in order to be a "good" tv show. Now don't get me wrong I adore Buffy and seventh Heaven as much as the next fan, but sometimes why can't a show win an award because its FUN! Just plain enjoyable, uncomplicated FUN! Which is what it was meant to be in the first place. Ok maybe its not some 'EPIC DRAMA" but I love it! I'm so glad it came out on video and if any of the cast members are reading this I'd just like to say BONE CHILLERS YOU"R FAB AND YOUR FANS LOVE YOU.

Quality children's TV

Author: Inga from Minnesota
3 June 1999

Bone Chillers may have been aimed at kids, but it was a fresh, funny, and well-made, which broadens the scope of its appeal to appreciative people of all ages. But unfortunately there weren't enough appreciative people and it lasted only a season, and now its talented, attractive young cast has been lost to mostly small prime time TV appearances and bit parts in teen movies. Bone Chillers was just fun without being overly cheesy or annoying. It never held back on being disgusting (monsters had eyes that fell out, teachers ate sticky frog-egg sandwiches, a hypnotized Fitz drooled long strings of saliva), and it wasn't afraid to make jokes only parents would understand. It was shot well, brightly acted, had clever plots (derived from Betsy Hayne's books), and was good, clean, undemanding fun.

This show was pretty rad!

Author: m-burchett from United States
3 July 2005

I don't see why everyone on this site says that this show sucked. It's a KIDS show. It is supposed to be a little cheesy and silly at times. Sure, the special effects were pretty dated, but it was like 1996. I think that kids would probably still enjoy this, since shows like Power Rangers have had successful spin-offs that were just plain stupid. I think that this show was up there with Goosebumps and it should have had a longer run than it did. I mean, there were only 12 episodes and I missed a few, but I have some of the videos (maybe all of them) and I still watch them. Plus, how can you hate this show, it was the first show that Linda Cardellini (Velma Dinkley in the Scooby Doo films) was ever in and she has had great success since then and is an extremely talented young actress. But, nonetheless, this show was rad and I enjoyed it as a kid. So, If you haven't seen this show, watch it.

Silly, but it had a great cast

Author: Grand from United States
19 October 1998

It wasn't great television, but I expect that we will be seeing A LOT more of the young stars in the future.

Words cannot express how bad it is

Author: Jill (moviearulz@aol.com) from United States
29 July 2001

Thank goodness little kids didn't have to suffer through more than a few of these episodes. The books were twenty times better. The episodes had only one plotline each, weren't acted very well, had awful special effects, and were extremely cheesy and poorly-written. Why did these even come out on video?