IMDb > "The Big Easy" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Big Easy" More at IMDbPro »

Great Show

Author: JasonDallas from West Virginia
7 March 2002

I used to watch this show every week before USA Network ran it into the ground and then cancelled it.

Based on the 1987 movie, it was set in New Orleans. The first episode was a movie to television transformation which was very well done and fans of the movie won't be disappionted.

Tony Crane revives the role of fun loving New Orleans detective Remy McSwain, while Susan Walters steps in as Anne Osbourne. The supporting cast is filled in by veteran actor Barry Corbin, and other memorable characters.

This show kept the steamy romantic tension of the movie, and held strong to it's police drama roots while pumping in humor that kept the show fresh and fun to watch.

It's sad that this show didn't get to stay, but I think it was pushed down by the network after it's wave of police/detective shows started dying off in popularity. This show didn't get a fair chance and now we'll never know how cool it could have been.

A seductive show set in "The Big Easy" New Orleans

Author: Verona from NY
13 January 1999

A show that ended way before its time, it wasn't properly nurtured by USA Networks. If it had, this show, seductive, sexy and well acted, could have been up there with La Femme Nikita with the fans. The show, like the movie, had Remy McSwain, a New Orleans detective, solving mysteries with the help of Northern DA Anne Osborne. One of the best things about this show, was that there was more emphasis on the sexual tension between Remy and Anne, then there was "love" as so many other shows have between the two male and female main characters. Well scripted.

surprisingly good

Author: thebigeasy540_ from Ireland
22 June 2005

When I first heard of The Big Easy Ihave to admit I had my doubts.The listings told me it was about an unconventional cop in New Orleans.I hadn't heard of Tony Crane who plays the cop Remy McSwain.My initial feelings were it was going to be repetitive,sleaze infested crap.How very wrong I was.Using the location of New Orleans to great effect you get a show with class,style and a great cast.The exciting adventures of Remy McSwain sustain your interest and each well scripted episode usually has a classic who dunnit? murder.A lot of twists and turns keep you guessing right up until the perpetrator is revealed.All in all,a great hour of television.A real pity it was cancelled after only two series's

My Favorite Show Ever

Author: SnobbishJade from United States
13 August 2006

I loved this show and was so disappointed when it was canceled. On the other hand, I recall that after the first season they replaced the actress who plays Anne Osborne and suddenly the show was crap anyway. Not that Tony Crane wasn't sexy as hell as Remy McSwain, he was the reason I watched the show, but somehow it all fell apart without Susan Walters. She was sexy, older then Remy, cool, sophisticated, and just restrained enough, not cold like Scully was to Maulder during most of the X-Files, which was very frustrating for me to watch for that reason. Remy McSwain was sexy and loved to flirt with DA Anne Osbourne. Looking at his picture, its hard to believe he was really all that, but believe me, Tony Crane was such a dreamboat in this show. Also, the setting of New Orleans is of course very romantic. I still miss the show and although my favorites are currently all the "Law & Order" shows (especially Criminal Intent with that hunk Vincent D'Onofrio), the void left by "The Big Easy" has yet to be filled. I was dumbfounded when it was canceled and still don't understand how this show wasn't the most popular thing that ever happened to t.v.