Beast Wars: Transformers (1996–1999)
- Foolish questions would be asked at the beginning of each episode - an infamous instance reports the robot Optimus Primal asking "Where is my banana?"
- There was plenty of fourth-wall humor and over-the-top and in-your-face jokes, even at the most inappropriate of moments.
- Clip shows would feature the characters interacting in silly game shows and contests (e.g. in the episode "Other Victories" Megatron acted as a judge in a celebrity impersonation contest);
- Megatron was rendered a bumbling fool who often made high-pitched screams (which replaced his "Yeesss" and "Nooo" exclamations);
- Cheetor would almost always end his comments with a long, stressed "Ja-n!" (which denotes a feline growl)
- Rattrap would often break the fourth wall, sniffing in the viewer's direction and commenting on what food he could smell;
- Tarantulas had a higher-pitched voice, shrieked constantly and had his trademark cackle altered to be more feminine;
- Blackarachnia carried a "bipolar" voice, switching from a sultry flirtatious drawl to a blood-thirsty maniacal scream; she also became less independent (though still a strong character) and was occasionally prone to begging for mercy from her enemies;
- Tigatron was made a samurai-inspired warrior, acting and speaking in a formal tone;
- Airazor was made a male to increase sales, and his relationship with Tigatron was established as a relationship between a protective guardian and his young apprentice (where certain unavoidable scenes were featured that presented otherwise, the viewers were gently informed that "these things sometimes happen between people")
- Silverbolt was made a rigidly cheerful and polite character.
- Depth Charge would sing a fishing song ("Ito Maki-Maki," or "Wind the Thread") whenever he transformed.
- David Kaye (Megatron) was Recoome
- Scott McNeil (Waspinator, Rattrap, Dinobot, Silverbolt) was Piccolo, Vegeta, and Jeice
- Doug Parker (Terrorsaur) was Bubbles and Gregory
- Don Brown (Scorponok) was King Kai, Shenron and Master Roshi
- Alec Willows (Tarantulas) was Oolong
- Richard Newman (Rhinox) was Captain Ginyu
- Pauline Newstone (Airazor) was Frieza
- and Ian James Corlett (Cheetor) had voiced Goku in a few episodes.
- For example, the first season claims that Megatron merely wanted to get his hands on Energon and that he wasn't looking for Earth specifically, yet the second season reveals that he wanted to come to Earth to fulfill the commands of the original Megatron.
- Terrorsaur in the first few episodes is a Starscream-like character who always wants to backstab Megatron, but this side of him gets dropped later on as Tarantulas became the "main" treacherous character.
- Tarantulas himself only developed his mysterious traitor persona later on, and initially he's only characterized as an unpleasant scientist who's only concern is eating rather than having a personal agenda against the aliens.
- Waspinator only became a lovable goof who always gets blown up because the writers hated him and didn't know what to do with him.