IMDb > "7th Heaven" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"7th Heaven"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"7th Heaven" More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 27: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

Horrible, Terrible show of crap

Author: Horrorible_Horror_Films from Outer Mongolia
4 April 2007

I hate this show, its actors and writing. These people are clearly Satanists in disguise, just like all christians on TV. I HATE the actor that plays the mom, she sucks and is so annoying and terrible. I have the displeasure of seeing her in that stupid star trek movie and Child's Play. I have never seen white people be so white, its really impressive when thought of that way. Astounding, stupendous even. This show jumped the shark before it was even created. Its hard to write ten lines about something that I hate with so much passion. I think that is enough but I guess I was wrong. They HAD to bring it back for an 11th season.

So unimportant, so dangerous

Author: nosferatu1748
3 July 2006

7th Heaven is a glorious example of how brainwashing and lack of intelligence can prevail. The typical story of teenage girls who can do everything from the age of 2 since they remain virgin, of boys who get married just to have sex - that's so great, I always wondered why the divorce rates are so high. Of course at some point they all lose their way to God, so typical in all Christian stories, but parental love shows them the way to return. All these include political references, a real love for Bush and strict commitment to conservatism. Cops, priests, Iraq's "heroes", what is else is left? Pope and Latin American dictators? I think it's a disgrace for all those who took part in that, although not even one had any talent so at least none was wasted. Unfortunately we are not talking only about bad acting, that whole thing is dangerous especially for children who are led to adopt specific political theories, insulting any person who stands for democracy and progress.There have been many bad moments in the history of television, this is certainly one of them. PS.Blond father, blond mother, dark daughter. Who is the father of Ruthie, Mrs Camden?

A Positive Review From An Unlikely Fan

Author: abdnj (abdnj@yahoo.com) from South Bend, IN
6 August 2001

8/6/01

I had seen bits and pieces of this show a few times since it began airing 6 years ago. About a month ago I saw a commercial for the show with a story-line that interested me, so I tuned in. I was thoroughly impressed. Initially I had been turned off to the show after a certain rebellious friend from school told me her parents forced her to watch it to instill values.

I remembered Catherine Hicks from Child's Play and Stephen Collins from a few of those Lifetime after school specials. I saw Barry Watson in "Teaching Mrs. Tingle." Everyone knows the Executive Producer, Aaron Spelling. I never liked any of Spelling's works before this. This is by far his most realistic and most wholesome piece of television. He has taken a cast of somewhat mediocre actors and turned them into a welcoming and convincing family.

The show is a semi-realistic portrayal of a Minister and his Wife trying to raise their 7 children. I say the show is semi-realistic because I think it is a little light on the drugs and alcohol. I know what the reality is seeing as I go to High School and have siblings. I call myself the unlikely fan because I have never bought into wholesome programming or cheap, unrealistic shows that make lame attempts to bring families closer together (Watch an episode of "Full House" and you'll see what I am talking about). This show is something much more, and probably the only show that I enjoy beside Frasier that I would feel comfortable watching with both of my parents. It is not over-dramatic and it has talented writers that always come up with a realistic and enthralling story-line.

I give this show a 10/10 because of its positive influence and its decency, and because I find it entertaining and wholesome at the same time. Give this show a try and I am sure you will be as impressed as I am.

A TV show about a priest family with love problems, relationships and upbringing as a everyday life.

Author: cineasten89 from Sweden
17 March 2005

I am just watching the fifth season, as Sweden doesn't have been airing 7th heaven so far. Of what I've seen, I understand why people think 7th heaven is too melodramatic, bad acting and boring stories. But I don't think it is so, myself, even though I understand why people think so. I think it is a good TV show that tells much about how the community works, how it is like being a teenager and all problems that is occurring when you are a teenager. 7th heaven is a very current TV show as it tells much about drugs, college life, future, teen pregnancy, siblings, poverty, war and love, faith, joy and sorrow. It is just an ordinary TV show. And bad acting, why do people have to act? It is a TV show about a family, do they have to act? Well, maybe, but anyway, they are not acting bad. In particular, David Gallagher, Beverly Mitchell and Barry Watson are acting excellent. ¨

It is an ordinary family located in Glenoak, CA, but what divides this family from others is that the father is a priest. He is raising together with his wife up all their five children, that is increased to seven as the twins Sam and David are born in the 3rd season, of all different ages. It tells about Matt's way from high school to college and later to work, Mary's way from excellent basketball player in high school, to down-fall and to work, Lucy's way from junior high to high school to college and to being a mother, Simon's way from middle school to junior high to high school and last to college and Ruthie's way from pre school to kindergarten to elementary school to private school and to high school. It also tells the twins David and Sam growing from toddlers to pre school children. It also tells about funerals, how it is like losing somebody you love, love troubles, dates and marriage.

Of course, there are TV shows that deserve more attention, but 7th heaven is good in all ways - it tells social problems, how parent-child relations work, how it is like to raise up children and sibling fights, to have a model to look up to and a lot of other stuff. It may be a TV show with moral aspects, but it's a TV show that is very honest. It tells that nobody is perfect, that they can make mistakes sometimes, that mistakes can influence one's life, also to bad things, and that even richer people can be unhappy and that parents also make mistakes sometimes.

Some favorite episodes in each season:

Season 1 - #6 (Halloween), #13 (America's Most Wanted) and the final episodes #21 and #22 (Dangerous Liaisons 1 & 2)

Season 2 - #32 (Truth or dare) and the final episodes #43 and #44 (Boyfriends... and girlfriends)

Season 3 - #45 (It takes two, Baby), #46 (Drunk like me) and the final episodes #65 and #66 (There Goes the Bride part one and two)

Season 4 - #73 (Sin...part one) and #74 (...Expiation part two) and the final episodes #87 and #88 (Love Stinks part one and two).

Season 5 - The final episodes #109 (Chances) and #110 (Are).

The Waltons in the 90's

Author: cpaugger from Vienna, Austria
12 December 2003

this is the most unrealistic and sanctimonious drama series i've ever seen!! so, let's see how to start: 1.) they hug each other approximately every 3 minutes! if i would do this eg. with my mother and my father they'd ask me if i'd gone crazy!!

2.) the girls get engaged after 2 or 3 dates with a guy, but they never get married (except lucy) and sex seems to be a foreign word for them. sounds like a perfect relationship!! "i love you, but we don't need to have sex!" well, i feel sorry for the guys!! 3.) lucy and mary have troubles with each other everytime because of some boys, but in the end, of course they love each other again! if i would go out with my brothers girlfriend he would kill me i guess!! 4.) matt, in my opinion, is gay! he had a lot of girlfriends (and they were beautiful), but sex, for him too, doesn't exist in his vocabulary! 5.) if the series would be on air for 10 or 20 years longer, simon will win the nobel price, because he is that intelligent!! unimaginable!! and that with 16 years of age! i'm impressed! 6.) see 5.) but instead of simon, its ruthie!

i hope for you american guys and girls out there, that you are not living in that kind of family, cause that has to be horrible!!

it's like the old time waltons: good night john boy, good night jim bob! i love you mary, i love you mum and dad, i love you simon, and on and on and on! and this series gets more stupid the longer it lasts, so it should be off air as soon as possible!!

the only thing to watch it, is jessica biel, because she looks gorgeous :-)

the rest: just forget it!!

Terrible

Author: Chester-24 from Ridgefield Wa
7 July 2000

This is one of the worst shows ever. I cant stand it. I watch sometimes just to laugh at it. This is the most unrealistic show ever. Even more then Step by Step, but at least that was funny. Every thing about it so far off.

First of all there are like 7 kids living in this big nice house with nice clothes and everything all off a Preist salary.

Second, the mom like most TV moms is rediculous. But the mom here takes the case.

Third, nobody and I mean nobody acts like this family does. This is the most cutsie poo family ever and it makes me sick.

Most of all I cant stand Simon. What the heck is with his hair. In any other school he'd been beat up several times by now.

Please WB do us all a favor and take this off the air. And we will all pretend like this series never happened.

Is 7th Heaven still as good?

Author: Letsdance1235678
19 April 2004

IMHO, the 7th Heaven beginnings were the best. All of the kids were mainly fresh actors/actresses, and the drama was enough to stay tuned. Ruthie was so funny and cute. Simon was a cute little blonde. Mary was the good girl and Lucy was boy crazy. And Matt- he was the perfect, nice older brother. There were episodes that made you cry, and episodes that were nailbiting. There was the eyes-glued-to-the-tv episode when everyone was suspicious about the joint that someone slipped to Matt. The drama in that was very good. And at the end, when Matt was praying in church, what an episode!!!! Then there's the episode when Annie's grandma dies. That was so sad!!! The Camdems started growing up- Lucy turned 13 in that bitter sweet episode- but the biggest change was Mary!!! When Mary trashed the gym- that's when the episodes got even better. Mary wasn't so much the good girl anymore. And Wilson. I LUVED WILSON!!!! Him with a son and all, it was just so overwhelming. He was very sweet and cute and he was another reason I liked the show. Well, let me just say 7th Heaven has changed. Ruthie's adorable curly hair is now straightened, and she's lost her sense of humor. There are a ton of new characters in the show now, and it's hard to follow what is going on. Some of these new characters aren't even the best of actors. Lucy is married to Kevin, which isn't so bad. And Mary, where is she?! Away on her job a lot. And "crazy Mary" had another "crazy plan" and went off and eloped!!!! To a guy she knew way back when!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO WILSON!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!! LOL I miss him!!!!! The best episode in a while so far has got to be when Simon ran over a kid. I think he did a very good part in that dramatic role. He touched me, at least. I just hope that the 7th Heaven episodes will stop revoliving all around relationships that don't even have to do with the family (take Cecilia now for instance)and go back to the family drama that it used to be. All in all, since I luv the beginnings of this show, it still is pretty good.

You might be watching it wrong.

Author: caustic325 from Cleveland, Ohio
30 June 2017

This is a reaction to all the horrible reviews on this site. If you're watching this show for "gripping drama" or a realistic portrayal of modern family life, you are doing it wrong. Watch it as the comedy that it is and you will have unlimited joy and pleasure from these 11 seasons of gold. After I watched the weed episode in season 2, I was hooked. It scratches an itch that I didn't know I had! Bravo!

Ridiculous!

Author: TimeTraveler from USA
9 February 2017

This show is ridiculous. A minister who is against lying yet lies to people in just about every episode, as does his wife, his children and all their friends. No one is perfect but the level of lying in this family is beyond insane. The men in this show cower before their wives & girlfriends, it is pathetic to watch. They start the show off as if the kids are intelligent & insightful, then as time goes on they literally become complete morons whose only purpose seems to be to gratify their immediate wants. Watching the reruns this last couple months and finally at the last season, I think the last straw was when Ruthie attempted to read a Bible and was totally clueless on how to read it or what anything in it meant at age 16. I have never met a minister who did not teach their kids about the Bible. So here we have a so called man of God who never even bothered to teach his children about God's word. And as time goes on the writers decided to turn Lucy into a blathering angry attacking lunatic while her husband cowers before her doing her bidding, like all the other women in this show. I have to question how someone like that could possibly call themselves a minister. Nothing in this show makes sense, they jump from one thing to another and the only consistent things are the lying, the lack of manners (not one person knows how to say goodbye when talking on the phone, they just hang up which I found very weird). All the time preaching about a Godly life while they go about lying, sneaking around, fighting over the most trivial things. There is no consistency in their characters. Nothing is believable. What a mess!

Good watch, but also annoying.

Author: Bill King
24 August 2016

I gave it a 7 and that is what it is worth.

The 1st season was great when we were learning all about the family and their surroundings.

As time went on I got the impression the family, while thinking they were doing the right thing was full of white lies circulating throughout the entire show. As we all know perpetuating and maintaining a lie is difficult and never really works out, but that doesn't stop this pious family, especially the patriarch, from telling non-stop lies. It got old after a while.

Still the suspense and intrigue made it a good show to watch, even though it wasn't realistic, hence my good rating.

Also it was fun to binge watch the whole load of seasons, recently, and watch the lives of the actors mature.

Season 10 (spoiler) drove me nuts as it took forever for Simon to dump his controlling fiancé and find out he was a father by another girl.

Actually I think it took more than 1 season to play this out.