IMDb > "7th Heaven" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"7th Heaven"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"7th Heaven" More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 27: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Does nothing for me...

Author: Crazy4Corey
1 April 2004

How can anyone like this show? I decided to watch an episode to see what all the fuss was about and could not even make it through the first fifteen minutes- I practically has to force myself to watch the remainder of the show. Ruthie and Simon annoyed the crap out of me. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a child actor/actress trying to be precocious and ending up making the show less believable. I don't know any children their age with that kind of vocabulary- and I baby-sit a lot. Worst of all are the parents- they let their kids get away with stuff I would never have gotten away with as a child (my mom knew everything I did before I did it). And they never yell. I don't know any parents who don't lose their cool every once in a while. At least there's Barry Watson, who holds your attention when the show does not. But this show is a little unrealistic and far-fetched.

regarding this the last season......

Author: (docmaddox@aol.com) from Decatur, Il
23 November 2002

Yes, I wish Barry and Jessica was still on full time. But they have grown up. The show is still about the candems house. I hope it never goes off the air. I love this show. There is nothing like it on tv. I can't believe no emmys have gone there way. I may sound sappy, but never seen a show like this since The Waltons. It goes against everything Hollywood. Thats a good thing. I am lucky, I can watch repeats in my area. Every show is sooo strong. I hope it stays on. I wanna watch Ruthie and the twins grow up. Keep up the the great work, writers. Doc

Emotional and funny. That's 7th Heaven!

Author: Chrischtian from Stradow, Germany
25 December 2001

7th heaven is one of my favorite series! You can feel with the characters and that's great! In Germany the 5th season is currently telecast and it outdoes my expectations genuinely! A fabulous family series with a big future!

The defining family show of the new millennium

Author: fossty2 from Portland, OR
27 August 2001

The Brady Bunch (70's), The Cosby Show (80's) and Home Improvement (90's) were all defining family shows of their era. Even though four years of 7th Heaven were filmed in the 90's, one must still reckon with it as the show that defines good character and strong values for the family viewer in the early 21st century. 7th Heaven is preachy about some issues, but more subtle about others. Unlike its predecessors, it does not lean toward the sitcom end of the spectrum, though there are many funny moments. Over the years, I have seen episodes dealing with racism, insubordination, sexism, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, marriage trouble, you name it, they had it. Not every show ends happily; there are sometimes severe consequences. 7th Heaven is somewhat sheltered, but it is mostly the real family of the turn of the century, and I hope this show will be as remembered and as respected as those other famous shows of their decades.

Uplifting, if schmaltzy

Author: F6Pilot from Pennsylvania
26 February 2001

Okay, yes. 7th Heaven has a cast sheet filled with whitewashed and sometimes silly characters. My own personal gripe is the character of Lucy who, in the last scene of almost every show, understands the moral of the episode with a Yoda-like wisdom that easily makes her the most ridiculous character on the show. Many critics have pointed out the need for suspended disbelief that is required to enjoy this show, as though this was a new phenomenon on TV.

That aside, this is one show that's packing some guts.

TV dramas that attempt to put a moral slant on real life problems are true diamonds in the rough, and people either like them or hate them. Some of the criticism, I feel isn't so much based on flaws that the show has, but on the attitude that religion and God have no place on the TV airways. "Touched by an Angel" has to endure the same flack. Although the show may be unrealistic, it tries to do justice to serious issues like drunk driving, peer pressure, teenage sex/pregnancy, and drugs. Unlike most shows it looks at them from not only a legal/health angle but also from an ethical/moral standpoint, a view which is too often overlooked on TV.

"7th Heaven"'s credibility suffers a little because, like all dramas, it has to introduce a problem and wrap up its solution all in a one hour slot. Still it is good, wholesome, funny, and not afraid to take one serious issues in today's world. Worth a watch.

My favorite show

Author: Matthew J, Beeman from Morrisville, NC
18 December 1999

7th Heaven is my favorite show. First, it shows me that in some ways, my life is a whole lot better than most people's. Second, the characters are faced with decisions that I am facing or have faced and I can learn from their mistakes, stupidities, and moments of naivity just as I have learned from my own sisters and brothers. Third, I find the Camden's parenting to be fair and still effective.

Excellent entertainment for the whole family

Author: Trond Enemo from Oslo, Norway
17 July 1999

This family TV-show distinguish itself by being unusually warmhearted, and by its ability to create good entertainment while promoting family values, tradition, faith and responsibility. Even if the underlying message sometimes creates unrealistic situations and problems, and some of the actors (especially "Matt" and the mother) do not fit in perfectly, it is highly recommended for viewers who are looking for an alternative to your usual Hollywood TV shows.

excellent easy watching TV!!!

Author: guywales-1 from United Kingdom
26 August 2006

I have been watching 7th heaven now for a couple of years and have to disagree with some peoples comments about the bad acting etc, this is a fantastic show with some good lessons to be learnt if only we all tried to be like the Camden's!! they are not complete angels they have their problems and temptations only difference is they try to do the best they can!! this programme covers all kinds of topics from smoking, drinking cheating and money borrowing to bullying lying and gang race and gives some ideas of how to tackle some of these problems for both children and also parents. I especially like Ruthie she is always funny and shows that even though she is young she is still very aware of what goes on around her - I really admire her honesty!! I especially enjoy watching 7th heaven whenever I am feeling a bit low or disillusioned with the world as this picks my spirits up no end.

Good interesting plots,values consistent with the fifties when I was maturing

Author: (robert-amos) from Canada
26 May 2006

I had never heard of 7th Heaven until six months before it ended, now I watch all the reruns I can find. I have read that it might be revived. It would be great if they could keep the original cast but Barry Watson is getting his own series next year and Jessica Biel is making a name for herself in movies. A good plot could be built around the two boys, Ruthie maturing and Lucy's family with possible cameo appearances about Matt and Mary's twins. Also Simon could still provide some good plots about his continuing quest for a future wife. Good plots for this series are endless. I hope it can be revived as today's young people would learn some values from this series.I have just heard the good news and the series has been renewed for at least 15 episodes.because of popular demand. 7th Heaven could last 2 or 3 more years but only if they can have occasional appearances with Matt and Mary,s families. Now that there will be an 11th season I have a terrific plot for one of the programs. Who would I write to about it?

Fantastic Family Show

Author: Laura from United States
16 March 2005

I've been watching reruns of this show for about 6 months now and find it to be a refreshing view of family life in a non-dysfunctional family (wow, what a concept!). Although some of the scenes are a bit cheesy at times, the acting is excellent, especially David Gallagher and Barry Watson, the characters are all interesting and well developed and the relationships between family members are representative of what every American family should strive for in their own family; caring, watching out for each other, working out problems through communication. Every shows tries to deal with either a family problem or a social problem of some sort. Even though this is a family with probably higher than normal moral values (the father is a minister) the show doesn't shy away from the problems of normal life, especially problems encountered at school. It stands out amongst the depressing, dark and 'usually always immoral in some way' shows that are out there today. It lifts you up instead of dragging you down.