IMDb > "7th Heaven" (1996) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"7th Heaven"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"7th Heaven" More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 27: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

is there a vote lower than 1?

Author: greenbayfan1114 from United States
14 May 2006

My mother for some reason has been hooked on this show since I can remember. The first episode I ever saw, was so mind numbingly horrible I could hardly believe this lasted one season. But how in God's name did it ever last ten seasons? The theme song is bad enough to make you run away in fright. The actors were chosen strictly because of their faces, which makes me wonder if the guy who hired Lucy was blind, or retarded. Or both. The acting is horrible. I've seen the acting compared to B-movies, but that's just insulting to B-movie actors. The characters are unbelievable. Seeing as their father is a pastor, it would seem that he wouldn't put up with their crap, but the father is as conniving as the kids are. Also, isn't this show supposed to be Christian? These people are about as secular as a druggie. Sex, lies, and video tape. Trust me, if you are looking for a Christian show, don't look at this.

A TV show about a priest family with love problems, relationships and upbringing as a everyday life.

Author: cineasten89 from Sweden
17 March 2005

I am just watching the fifth season, as Sweden doesn't have been airing 7th heaven so far. Of what I've seen, I understand why people think 7th heaven is too melodramatic, bad acting and boring stories. But I don't think it is so, myself, even though I understand why people think so. I think it is a good TV show that tells much about how the community works, how it is like being a teenager and all problems that is occurring when you are a teenager. 7th heaven is a very current TV show as it tells much about drugs, college life, future, teen pregnancy, siblings, poverty, war and love, faith, joy and sorrow. It is just an ordinary TV show. And bad acting, why do people have to act? It is a TV show about a family, do they have to act? Well, maybe, but anyway, they are not acting bad. In particular, David Gallagher, Beverly Mitchell and Barry Watson are acting excellent. ¨

It is an ordinary family located in Glenoak, CA, but what divides this family from others is that the father is a priest. He is raising together with his wife up all their five children, that is increased to seven as the twins Sam and David are born in the 3rd season, of all different ages. It tells about Matt's way from high school to college and later to work, Mary's way from excellent basketball player in high school, to down-fall and to work, Lucy's way from junior high to high school to college and to being a mother, Simon's way from middle school to junior high to high school and last to college and Ruthie's way from pre school to kindergarten to elementary school to private school and to high school. It also tells the twins David and Sam growing from toddlers to pre school children. It also tells about funerals, how it is like losing somebody you love, love troubles, dates and marriage.

Of course, there are TV shows that deserve more attention, but 7th heaven is good in all ways - it tells social problems, how parent-child relations work, how it is like to raise up children and sibling fights, to have a model to look up to and a lot of other stuff. It may be a TV show with moral aspects, but it's a TV show that is very honest. It tells that nobody is perfect, that they can make mistakes sometimes, that mistakes can influence one's life, also to bad things, and that even richer people can be unhappy and that parents also make mistakes sometimes.

Some favorite episodes in each season:

Season 1 - #6 (Halloween), #13 (America's Most Wanted) and the final episodes #21 and #22 (Dangerous Liaisons 1 & 2)

Season 2 - #32 (Truth or dare) and the final episodes #43 and #44 (Boyfriends... and girlfriends)

Season 3 - #45 (It takes two, Baby), #46 (Drunk like me) and the final episodes #65 and #66 (There Goes the Bride part one and two)

Season 4 - #73 (Sin...part one) and #74 (...Expiation part two) and the final episodes #87 and #88 (Love Stinks part one and two).

Season 5 - The final episodes #109 (Chances) and #110 (Are).

The Waltons in the 90's

Author: cpaugger from Vienna, Austria
12 December 2003

this is the most unrealistic and sanctimonious drama series i've ever seen!! so, let's see how to start: 1.) they hug each other approximately every 3 minutes! if i would do this eg. with my mother and my father they'd ask me if i'd gone crazy!!

2.) the girls get engaged after 2 or 3 dates with a guy, but they never get married (except lucy) and sex seems to be a foreign word for them. sounds like a perfect relationship!! "i love you, but we don't need to have sex!" well, i feel sorry for the guys!! 3.) lucy and mary have troubles with each other everytime because of some boys, but in the end, of course they love each other again! if i would go out with my brothers girlfriend he would kill me i guess!! 4.) matt, in my opinion, is gay! he had a lot of girlfriends (and they were beautiful), but sex, for him too, doesn't exist in his vocabulary! 5.) if the series would be on air for 10 or 20 years longer, simon will win the nobel price, because he is that intelligent!! unimaginable!! and that with 16 years of age! i'm impressed! 6.) see 5.) but instead of simon, its ruthie!

i hope for you american guys and girls out there, that you are not living in that kind of family, cause that has to be horrible!!

it's like the old time waltons: good night john boy, good night jim bob! i love you mary, i love you mum and dad, i love you simon, and on and on and on! and this series gets more stupid the longer it lasts, so it should be off air as soon as possible!!

the only thing to watch it, is jessica biel, because she looks gorgeous :-)

the rest: just forget it!!

Terrible

Author: Chester-24 from Ridgefield Wa
7 July 2000

This is one of the worst shows ever. I cant stand it. I watch sometimes just to laugh at it. This is the most unrealistic show ever. Even more then Step by Step, but at least that was funny. Every thing about it so far off.

First of all there are like 7 kids living in this big nice house with nice clothes and everything all off a Preist salary.

Second, the mom like most TV moms is rediculous. But the mom here takes the case.

Third, nobody and I mean nobody acts like this family does. This is the most cutsie poo family ever and it makes me sick.

Most of all I cant stand Simon. What the heck is with his hair. In any other school he'd been beat up several times by now.

Please WB do us all a favor and take this off the air. And we will all pretend like this series never happened.

Politically Correct is an Understatement

Author: Nestor Bighorns from U.S.
6 October 2014

This show takes political correctness to a whole new level. This series is centered on a Reverend, his wife, and ridiculously attractive children who all sit at a dinner table together and talk in grand detail about all the problems in their life. Everyone is so touchy- feel and cliché, it's almost unbearable to watch.

These are the most annoying things about this show:

1. It thinks the world is black and white. It's wrong (and immoral) to lie, smoke, drink, have sex, date outside your religion, not go to church, not go to college, or even have fun.

2. The females in this series are so obsessed with dating and making out with guys all the time. Their self-esteem goes down the toilet if they haven't had a date in 2 whole days! I guess being abstinent makes you all horned up.

3. The little girl - Ruthie- is far too wise to be realistic. How does someone who's barely learning her ABCs understand the complex issues (and has a solution for) that have troubled humankind for ages? The little twins are annoying. Trying way too hard to be cute.

4. We get it, you're super hot, super smart, and super romantic. You're prince charming. They seriously hire the most attractive men they can find, have them smile for the camera, and say the cheesiest things. Give me a fing break.

5. They teach you that if you drink one beer, regardless of the circumstances, you're very evil. You're evil if you smoke, if you stay out late, have premarital sex, or even *gasp* don't go to church.

This show is over-the-top on a high horse, and think that Christian values are the only values you can have to be a good person. They teach you that you need a man everyday in your life to be worthy of something, and that having fun without it involving God is downright immoral.

Don't want to see this show go

Author: ATours from United States
5 May 2006

I love this show- and think it is great to have watched these children, (same actors) grow from children to adults. I really hate to see this show go away. It would be great to continue to watch them through the rest of their lives - lives which often parallel our own, from problems with our kids such as drinking and even criminal involvement, to the happier events also like weddings and births - It really is a great show, IF you allow yourself to watch it a few times and get to know the family, I'm sure you too will be hooked. I have been most impressed to see the same cast over so many years. To my knowledge, this is the ONLY program with the same cast for that long. I love it.Please keep this show alive.

Character review.

Author: hey_roxy from United States
15 April 2006

I can't stand this show anymore.

Matt is stupid. He decided to be a doctor because his mom gave birth, his marriage to Sarah is totally unfounded. Mary was the only entertaining person on this show at all, and as soon as Jessica Biel did something racy, then it was "Adios Mary" Lucy is so god damn annoying, she never stops whining about something or another, and she succumbs to pressure. Simon is unrealistic, he was cute, until he grew up and had an interest in Cecelia and Rose. (both suck) Ruthie is the worst! We are only a year apart and all she does is try to go out with boys, she looks like she's 13. not 16. She is so self absorbed and when was the last time this kid laughed?? Sam and David are mentally retarded, we saw Ruthie act smart at 5, so why can't we see the twins act normal at 7? Annie is the bane of my existence, you don't want to even know how she treats Rose. Rose is absolutely psychotically annoying! How can Simon like her?? Cecelia asked her parents if she could have sex. She's dumb. really dumb. Martin used to be okay, now he's a total ass hole. Peter is weird, he bought Ruthie tampons and now has an invisible girl friend. The dad is just clueless. Chandler. OMG. He is such a fag. Kevin was a great cop, now, he's a stay at home dad. somebody kill me. and SIMON HAD PRE MARITIAL SEX. OH NO!

Sandy is the only I can stand.

Seventh heaven sucks

Author: dehannigan from United States
17 March 2006

I started watching the show when the reruns began to view on ABC Family, and frankly I was so appalled I was hooked.

For one thing when Matt(the obnoxious oldest son) announces his plan to marry Sarah a nice financially stable, pretty and mildly interesting Jewish girl his parents begin to sob and think of ways that they can meddle with his life. But when Lucy(the insipid fool of a middle child) announces her plans to "Someday" marry Kevin (a blank emotionless cop) he is given living space and welcome into the family with open arms. This results in like 10 episodes where the plot is Lucy being jealous of Kevin's partner the annoying Roxanne.

My favorite seventh heaven episode- the one where Mary(played by an actress who realized if she wanted to work again she had to leave the show) swears.

I was surprised that the superficial world of Glen Oak was not brought to its knees.

7th Heaven

Author: basslk from Canada
18 January 2006

I think it is a shame that WB has decided to cancel this show in May! The show is not a "Father Knows Best" type but rather deals with what most teen agers and parents alike are dealing with today. Yes it is somewhat religious but that is kept to a bare minimum. I have watched this show since its' inception and it has taught me a lot on how to deal with my children in similar circumstances; instead of yelling I have learned to give myself a "time out" rather than the kids.

Basically the "Camdens" are a normal family with their trials and tribulations; each one of them has had a "hit" or a "near miss" with the law at one time or another. Each one has an "attitude" whether good or bad and the only reason I have never watched "re-runs" is that I think I have seen every show. Now that WB has decided to cancel the show, I am sure more of us fans will watch the re-runs. This is one of WB's reasons for canceling amongst the cost of production.

7th heaven; is it really going to get canceled?

Author: bazookababe2010 from United States
5 December 2005

Is the show really going to get canceled? I have grown up on this show, and the cast has grown up with the show. Why stop it now? Why don't they just stop one of the shows that just started? I think this isn't fair, but are they really stopping it? 10 seasons is how long this show has been going on. How about they make it 15, 20, 25 seasons? (well maybe not that many, but you know how it is). I just really don't think it is fair. Am i the only person who feels this way? I hope not, because if i'm not, then come and help me keep this show exactly where it is! (comments are wanted... badly). Oh, and how about the cast. if they don't have enough money to keep the show, then how about they fire some of the new cast? isn't Haylie Duff and that Rose chick just wasting more money? FIRE SOME PEOPLE TO KEEP THE SHOW ON THE AIR!! this isn't fair at all! so help me, people, to keep a family show stay on the air!