IMDb > Woman Undone (1996) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Woman Undone (TV) More at IMDbPro »

yuck

Author: blanche-2 from United States
5 July 2004

A good cast is wasted on what might have been an intriguing story. Unfortunately, it is hurt by the execution. This slow-moving film looks like it was made on the cheap - in fact, parts of it appear to have been filmed at a motel. Mary McDonnell, a wonderful actress and a beautiful woman, is miscast as a femme fatale. Her hair is unnaturally dark and apparently the cameraman despised her. How she tells Benjamin Bratt (wasted in a poorly-defined role) that she's 36 with a straight face is a tribute to her acting.

It's a shame because the story was an interesting one, not going exactly the way one expects. But I wonder how many people stuck with it long enough for the plot to unfold. However, miscast or not, it's always a pleasure to see McDonnell, and great to see Sam Elliott.

Abusive Husband, Cheating Wife, Sleazy Boyfriend .. who do you dislike the most?

Author: Robin Cunningham (redbreast777@yahoo.ca) from Canada
5 August 2001

Very minor variations on the age old lovers triangle. There was a bit of hope, but uninspired writing provided cardboard, two-dimensional characters. Even Sam Elliott, who I usually enjoy, comes off flat. To me, the movie was in large part a waste of time UNTIL the last few minutes when a bit of an interesting twist on the ending was somewhat redemptive, moving my 2/10 to 4/10.

Bad Acting from Usually Good Actors

Author: fabledmabel from Orange County, CA.
1 May 2008

I got bored with this movie about ten minutes into it, but suffered through until the end because had absolutely nothing else to do at the time.

To those who think this is Randy Quaid's "early" work: Randy has been around since the early 70's (who HASN'T seen "The Last Picture Show"?!?) and this actually is some of his later stuff. Also, he usually does NOT do comedy, save for the "Vacation" series.

The emotional vacancy of the acting is what destroys the movie; also, the scenes overall were just flat and lifeless. None of the characters appealed to the viewer at all, except maybe for the sheriff who really seemed to care about Teri's case.

If you haven't seen it, don't waste your time.

Good Cast But So-So 'Soap'

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
20 September 2006

Interesting lead actors and their characters were involving enough to make me stick it out to the end of this so-so film. Sam Elliott played the only likable character. He's solid as the lawyer in here.

Mary McDonnell, famous for playing "Stands With A Fist" in "Dances With Wolves," plays a cheating wife and Randy Quaid, usually a comedian, is anything but here, playing an abusive husband.

Most of the story is told in flashback after Quaid is killed fairly early on.

It's kind of a soap opera at times but kept my interest going just to see what would happen to McDonell's character, "Teri Hansen."

So bad it was almost good....borderline funny

Author: pwpw63 from United States
10 May 2012

I actually thought it was a parody at first... the people in it are pretty good actors. I could not stop watching because it was hard to believe it was continuing to be so bad... dialog stiff, strange, odd... story line pretty close to a laugh...but never quite made it...oh, I'm lying, maybe when we found out she shot her husband to keep him from suffering when he got stuck in a burning car... that was so far-fetched, esp. since she was cheating on him with a young hottie and planned on getting a divorce... wish the writer had dared to take this one over the edge. With more work, it might have been a great parody. Unless you're desperate or a movie masochist, skip this one.

The title says it all!

Author: dona000 from Tennessee, United States
10 November 2002

Teri Hanson(Mary McDonnel)is definitely undone. Teri and Allan Hanson(Randy Quaid) have just moved to California to make a new start and to try and save their failing marriage. Allan is really angry and abusive. Teri is very lonely and she meets Jim Mercer(Benjamin Bratt), a life guard at the pool where she swims. Now Jim is a gorgeous, be-still-my-heart man. He is a gigolo though. Soon things heat up. The story twists and turns from there through out the movie. (Sam Shepard is a handsome lawyer, who's wife has died recently.) It's an okay movie. The twist at the end leaves you with your jaw on the floor and some unanswered questions. I would watch it just for that reason.

If you are a Benjamin Bratt fan, you have to see it just cause he is drool worthy as the sleazy lover. There are some steamy scenes between him and Mary McDonnel.