IMDb > Tremors II: Aftershocks (1996) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Tremors II: Aftershocks

Tremors II: Aftershocks (V) More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Still fun!!!!!!!!

Author: sketchy (j6524@hotmail.com) from pembroke, massachusetts.
22 December 2002

I was hoping that this would be as good as the first TREMORS movie. It pretty much was. The humor was still just as funny, the special effects have been elaborated, and Michale Gross's gun-welding character "burt" is still cool. Not as good as the first, but pretty close. I recommend seeing this.

For those who couldn't get enough of the original

Author: Coventry from the Draconian Swamp of Unholy Souls
20 July 2005

The original Tremors, released six years earlier, is a prime example of how monster movies ought to be and it was immensely popular amongst critics as well regular audiences. A sequel was inevitable and it's actually surprising that it still took 6 years before they had it finished…Normally; filmmakers exploit a successful franchise much quicker than this! I think everyone agrees with the statement that this second entry can't possibly live up to the original but, as far as the quality of sequels go, "Tremors II: Aftershocks" is a fairly pleasant B-movie that you definitely won't regret seeing. It's obviously meant to please the enormous fan-base of the first movie, since it features the exact same type of humor and similar special effects, but at least it tries to add something new to the story of the giant carnivorous worms. Several years have passed since the big fat "Graboid"-hunt in Perfection, Nevada and good old Earl Bassett (the cool and charismatic Fred Ward reprises his role) is asked to come to Mexico because a new plague of worms has already killed (and eaten) the staff of a large petrol field there. Reluctant to risk his life again, Earl eventually decides to come to the rescue, accompanied by his old and trigger-happy friend Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) and a fresh sidekick named Grady. The three learn that Graboids are a superior breed of monsters, since they evolve and rapidly work their way up the food chain. The biggest thing missing in this film is Kevin Bacon…Well, not so much his persona but the duo he formed with Fred Ward in the original! Christopher Gartin tries hard enough to be a good replacement but it's just not the same. No offense to him, though. There still is some delightful B-movie dialogue going on between Fred Ward and Burt Gummer and the monster effects are more than satisfying. Two more straight-to-video sequels followed and they're really not that bad, neither. You just need to be a massive fan of the original. In case you thought 'Tremors' was only so-so, none of the sequels are meant for your eyes.

A worthy part of the Tremors saga

Author: (chvylvr80@aol.com) from Northridge, California
16 September 2003

The Tremors movies are not to be taken seriously and Tremors 2 is no different. It's a fun, light-hearted monster movie that you can sit back and enjoy. Fred Ward and Michael Gross return from the first movie.(Kevin Bacon not making a comeback shows a little elitism on his part I think. What, are you above Tremors now Kevin?) Both characters lend a hand in making this a good film. The film takes the Graboids a little farther up the evolutional chain this time, and the effects are still good for the small budget. Bottom Line: If you liked Tremors then you'll like Tremors 2.

As far as sequels go, not bad

Author: Op_Prime from Ardmore, PA
30 December 1999

Tremors 2 is not a bad movie. It simply lacks whatever made the first movie so special. The story is okay but it could of used more work. Having Fred Ward and Michael Gross back helped this movie a lot. I was disappointed to find out this was released direct to video. It has the potential to be a big screen release and could have made more. Overall, Tremors 2: Aftershocks is a okay movie. If you've seen the first movie, you might as well see this one.

Should of been in theatres

Author: dee.reid from United States
20 October 2000

What I don't understand about Tremors 2: Aftershocks, is why it wasn't released into theatres. It has a great script, great cast, and interesting premise with these new graboids. Instead of these graboids hearing their prey, they can see it using infra-red vision. Anyway, Aftershocks is a great sequel that should of been in theatres. 9/10

fun sequel

Author: vamp88 from WI
3 October 2002

It's a sequel so almost by definition is inferior. It does keep in the same spirit as the first, but doesn't live up to the original. Overall however it was a fun movie with a few twists and definately worth checking out. I consider the original Tremors a classic, so my expectations were high. If you've seen the first ( I know you had to love it) then check this one out, it's worth seeing.

Amusing sequel with action,adventures,battles against Graboids and again with Fred Ward

Author: ma-cortes
10 June 2007

This following begins in Petromay oil refinery (Mexico),there happen mysterious events,a giant killers predators are eating workers.After in the small village called Perfection is Earl(Fred Ward).He's hired for killing the horrible creatures,then he goes out towards Mexico along with a brave young named Hoover(Christopher Gartin).In the refinery they know to Kate(Helen Shaver),after comes Burt Gummer(Michael Gross)with a heavy weapons and explosives.They'll confront against an army of Graboids,the horrific and enormous worms that spontaneously appear from underground burrows.In this entry we learn the giant bugs are intelligent but they don't see neither ear.

This is an entertaining sequel with noisy action,grisly horror,thrilling and some humor with tongue in check.It's remarkable for special effects with computer generator recreation made by Phil Tippet studio and Animatronics by Tom Gudruff and Alec Gillis.The film displays habitual characteristic from the series : A lonely location surrounded by the fantastic worms called Graboids and a solitary bunch battling with the horrible creatures, the usual appearance of Burt Gummer,always played by a likable Michael Gross,besides all movies are produced and directed by Ron Underwood,SS Wilson and Brent Maddock.It's followed by several sequels: Tremors III Back to Perfection with Ariana Richards,Charlotte Stewart; Tremors IV the legend begins,that tells the origin with August Schellemberg,Sara Bostford,Billy Drago ; and TV series with Gladys Jimenez,Victor Brown,Marcia Strassman and as always Michael Gross.The motion picture-with an appropriate musical score by Jay Ferguson -is professionally directed by S.S. Wilson.It's recommended for terror-action buffs and hardcore series fans.

One of a very few

Author: Lori Ingham (scullytoo@yahoo.com) from Manchester, NH
23 July 2000

The only reason this movie was released straight to video was because the first movie didn't do well in the theaters, but did great business on video, so they decided to bypass that this time around. (I got the information from an old Fangoria article when the movie was still in production) With that in mind, I was expecting a movie that wouldn't be as good as the first movie. I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

This movie, for me, was a LOT of fun to watch. From the new Graboids to the one liners to the action, I was enjoying this movie throughout. It's still what you would consider worthy of renting on a rainy night. Overall, very funny.

One of my all time favorites!

Author: BigRich from Sacramento, CA
30 July 2000

I really like this movie! I'm currently watching it on the USA channel right now! I like this movie more than the first one because it has much more humor to it. Whenever this movie comes on TV I'll watch it! This movie is brilliant. I hope there is a 3rd installment. Maybe this time have flying Graboids or something.

The sequel captures the humor of the first

Author: badfeelinganger from United Kingdom
19 September 2014

When a movie is successful, it is usually only a matter of time before a sequel is made. Sometimes the sequels are good and other times they are horrible. It took several years after the release of Tremors, but Tremors 2: Aftershocks was released. Tremors 2 has both laughs and thrills, like the original it was worthy of theatrical release Despite the significantly lower budget, the monsters remain entirely convincing.I loved the first movie so much that I really enjoyed visiting with these characters again. There are plenty of funny moments and some of the spirit of the first film is still here. Things pick up a bit when the monsters metamorphose into a new form. Fans of monster movie comedies may find this worth watching. Tremors 2: Aftershocks was set some time after the first movie. It was never said how much time had passed, but I'm guessing it had been a few years. Val was briefly mentioned near the beginning in a short explanation about why he wasn't around. Once Burt was back, it was said how his wife Heather was visiting her sister. From what Burt said, she had been there for a while and it seemed like their marriage was in trouble. It would have been nice if she and Val had been back. I am glad that there was an explanation for why they weren't around. There was a decent connection to the first movie while still having a plot that wasn't just a copy of the original. The movie could stand alone, but certain things would make more sense if the movies are watched in order.

The first movie had a bit of mystery in it before it was shared exactly what the monsters were and how people were being killed. There really wasn't much mystery in Tremors 2: Aftershocks since Earl and Grady knew they were dealing with when they went to Mexico. A small amount of mystery was added in once something strange started happening with the monsters. It did take a little while before it became clear what happened. That added a few surprises with the way the creatures changed and were doing new things. Changing the underground creatures a bit did help to keep things interesting.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]