IMDb > Timemaster (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Timemaster

Timemaster More at IMDbPro »

This film made no sense..

Author: Jack (numsixof1) from Tampa, FL
12 April 2002

Here's the plot (as far as I could tell) -- There is an advanced race of Aliens who have mastered time travel. The only use for this these aliens can come up with is apparently for a game. They travel to various planets and use its populous as pawns in a sort of futuristic game show. They eventually suck the life force out of the planet and turn it into a blue liquid that grants them eternal life. (I think)

Pat Morita is a part of this alien race that for some reason forms a bond with this boy. (The reason for this is never made clear). This boy somehow realizes whats going on and with the help of Pat Morita sets off on a serious of adventures. (This part doesn't make much sense either). Apparently the end of the game on planet earth will end up in a nuclear war in 2006, so stopping this eventually becomes the focus of the plot. (Sorta)

Oh, for some reason the boys parents are involved in every 'game' throughout history. I think they're alive, but maybe they're dead.. I'm sorry, this doesn't make any more sense when trying to relate it. This movie literally makes NO sense. The basic premise is pretty neat in theory.. but its like watching every other chapter of a story driven series. At no point do you really understand whats going on. Its all just a mess of scenes linked together with some sort of time travel/alien game gimmick. I'd highly recommend avoiding this at all costs unless you're in need of 90 minutes of pure confusion.

What were they thinking ?

Not a bad film.

Author: JG2001 from Seattle, Washington
14 November 1999

Timemaster isn't the best movie out there by a long shot, but it does have it's moments. The film is a good one to watch on a quiet evening or rainy afternoon. I don't know how available it is to rent, but the Sci-Fi Channel shows it occasionally. If it's on, watch it. It's certainly much better than a lot of other films that could be named.

The worst movie ever?!

Author: Magnus Johansson from Östersund
20 January 1999

I can't believe this movie got over 6 (so far)! This must be the worst movie ever made. The story is confusing and the special effects really sucks. I can't recommend this to anyone.

Arguably One of the worst movies of the 90's

Author: (jrichard@intersurf.com) from Baton Rouge, La
23 July 2002

This movie blows the big one! There are no redeeming qualities to be found in Timemaster. It takes a real bunch of losers to take a cool idea like time travel and transform it into what we see here. Einstein must be rolling around in his grave! How dare they quote him in this piece of garbage! Timemaster isn't a good children's movie, either. Garbage is garbage. I wouldn't show this filth to my children. So boring it hurts! 1 out of 10.