IMDb > Opposite Corners (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Opposite Corners More at IMDbPro »

One of the worst films I have seen in a long time

Author: anonymous from New Jersey
5 February 1999

When I have the opportunity to see a free movie, I don't usually complain, but there is always a first. The plot is just thrown together. After I left, I really wanted those minutes of my life back.

boxing/mob movie

Author: bonjomonjah from United Kingdom
3 November 2014

Opposite Corners. Its so unfair that this flick is known as such a flop there is nothing wrong with this at all its a great movie and i love it. Anthony Dennison always rules as a mobster just look at Ray Luca in Crime Story and John Gotti in Getting Gotti he simply owns his characters. Its got a great cast and a very unpredictable story. anyone who says they know what is going to happen in this film is psychic.

The mobster turns out to be gay then gets strangled by his best friends in a horrific scene at the end but even after hes dead he gets revenge on the mafia by leaving a bomb in a gym bag at the mob meeting place. Great stuff. Four people get strangled in this movie and one gets his head cut off by Billy the Butcher, funny name. this is so original and convincing. Dennison's son is going for the gold in boxing to please his dad who got send to jail before his own boxing career took off. i highly recommend this to mob lovers because those fans will have a great time here.

Best line in the film is "if i ever catch another man even ten feet of my wife i will bury them both in the same grave" Anthony Denison.