IMDb > A Goofy Movie (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Goofy Movie

A Goofy Movie More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Disney at its finest. A superb movie!

Author: Chris (Max-200) from Westwood, USA
3 October 1999

A Goofy Movie ranks upon my top 5 favorites. It gives an accurate representation of adolescent life in an uplifting, comedic, and often heartwarming fashion. The animation is good, the songs are great, the screenplay is superb, the voices fit each character perfectly (Especially Max's. Good job Mr. Marsden!) and many nice cinematic effects are included. This "kids" movie is a real treat to the older, and, at times is symbolic of deeper messages. A real winner that should be in the hands of any Goofy, Disney, or movie fan, for that matter!

I love this movie

Author: steve-862 from London, England
16 April 2002

OK, I'm a grown up man and I love this movie. I know I have kids but shouldn't I want to watch grown up films? Maybe this is actually just a good movie that adults and kids alike can enjoy.

This is a well underrated full-length cartoon movie about Goofy taking his son Max camping for the summer vacation. You know what Goofy is like from his appearances in Mickey Mouse films and the name Goofy sums it up. To make things more interesting, Max is wanting to be the cool kid in school and his dad is an embarrassment.

The trek across the States in Goofy's little car and all the madcap things that happen to them reminded me of the original "Vacation" film only for kids and a little funnier.

The music in this film is excellent. Some of the tracks could have been singles in the charts in their own right. Maybe not nowadays though.

If you have kids then they will love this film. If you don't have kids go to the video shop, hire it out and pretend it is for the kids.

Great, clean fun with the irrepressible Disney hero

Author: micC (mpbcroft@aol.com) from United Kingdom
29 January 2005

This is a great, criminally underrated movie; that provides in equal doses, laughs, toe tappingly catchy songs and genuinely heartwarming moments as Goofy hits the road with son Max, for the summer vacation fun.

In this movie, Goofy has more depth than one would probably expect from him, and his character is much better defined and explored than the Goofy that we see in "Goof Troop". There is plenty of good slapstick humour, in the great traditions of Goofy cartoons, but there is also a genuinely heartfelt and touching undercurrent, that underpins the tumultuous, but always loving relationship between father and son. Mixed with some terrific music, this is a truly memorable movie that lovers of Disney and Family movies will want to watch again and again.

Highly recommended. 10/10

A great children's film!

Author: Ryan Miller (rtil@washington.usa.com) from United States
26 April 2004

When I grew up I watched A Goofy Movie ritually, and it never ceased to entertain me. This is a great children's film and can still relate to today's kids. The humor is enjoyable, the characters are lovable. The music is definitely bearable, whereas with most musical animated films the songs can really grate on the nerves. Perhaps it's just because I practically was raised on this film that I enjoy it so much, but I have given it to my little brother and he loves it as well. It's a great experience for any kid and shouldn't be missed. It's even a little fun for adults, and I am not ashamed to say I still enjoy it as well. A Disney classic! 10/10

A movie that brings you the freshness of youth

Author: Miguel Angel Diaz Gonzalez (dalton22@terra.es) from Málaga, Málaga, Spain
10 October 1998

This is one of the best Disney films I have seen. If you are young, you will fully identify with the characters, and if you're not so young, this film will make you remember many things you left behind. The expression of the characters is sensational, the music is very good, the screenplay is fantastic, and there are lots of intelligent cinematography effects used. I find it a little short, but I'm sure that children will appreciate that (as far as I can remember, I never was able to watch a long movie when I was a child). My final rating is 8-9 out of 10.

More Then A Disney Kids Flick

Author: SephsClone from United States
12 February 2006

I remember the old Goof Troop show when I was a kid. It was fun but perhaps a too well " Goofy" for me now. It was a cartoon after all, and when I heard about this movie I thought this would be the same. Boy was I wrong.

This movie truly reaches out for kids, teens, and adults. The whole plot revolves around Max trying to get the girl, making a name for himself, and well not trying to be a complete Goof. So he does what all kids in real life do, well more or less. Basicaly he holds a little surprise concert in the middle of an assembly, with him starring as the schools favorite singer Powerline. Well he gets Roxanne's attention, but also that of his father who thinks maybe he should spend a little more time with his son, making sure Max will turn out to be a good kid.

(The characters)

Goofy Its good seeing Goofy trying to be a real parent. To me in Goof troop he was more like Max's older friend. Though Goofy doesn't seem to be as goofy as he was on the old cartoons, this shows something of a better side him. Trying to be a good father, who just wants to be part of his son's life.

Max Well he's a teen now, and he certainly shows it. Really all he wants is an easier life. Plus to get the attention and heart of that one girl. I think he truly has the most character development of the entire cast. Making things right in the end with his dad and Roxanne.

Pete/PJ Nice cameo characters, its also nice to see Pete and Goofy acting as better friends. PJ really hasn't changed much but these two truly have some of the best lines in the movie. One thing is I don't get why everyone's all confused on Pete's wife and daughter. He said in the store that he's taking PJ camping to strengthen the father/son bond. So its obvious that Peg and the girl are still at home doing their own thing.

Roxanne Ahh that popular girl that steals the heart of Max. She seems like an interesting girl however she gets really little screen time, well not counting the visions Max keeps getting of her. I kinda wish she was in it more, so we could learn a bit more of her character. Well maybe if they do A Goofy Movie 3. Big Foot 3 words Funniest Character Ever!

Music The Powerline songs really have to be my favorite. You don't hear R&B like this anymore. Of course I also like some of the instrumental pieces as well. Not to mention the "After Today" these songs really wanna make you dance more then just sing. I'm even thinking about getting the soundtrack.

This movie really needs to be seen to get its true impact. Doesn't matter how old you are, hey I'm 17 and I think its great. So if your interested in a good family movie, or just want some humor and a good story, then this is the Disney movie for you.

Pretty solid

Author: stamper from The Netherlands
25 December 2001

Goofy has always been one of my most favorite Disney characters and I always found it a shame he had no feature length film (like Mickey Mouse whom I really do not like that much). In 1995 though Goofy got his feature length film, but it took me until now to see it. It was not for rent here, but I was lucky enough to catch an English spoken version on it on German TV (films on German TV are usually overdubbed in German) so I was very happy to have caught it. I was not let down, neither by Disney, nor by Goofy. The movie was not as good as the Disney movies who are targeted for big audiences, but I still liked it quite a lot. The story was pretty realistic and good, there were enough laughs, but also some ‘emotional' moments. All in all, something of everything and something for everybody. From me, that gets a:

7 out of 10

Movie Awesome

Author: ernie bob from United States
5 March 2006

Perfect, it's cartoon. The music is awesome. It's perfect, funny, and clever. A must see even though your not a fan of Disney or cartoons this one just pulls you right in. Max is such a cool kids. It gives a good message. It tells you how some people act. How lying is bad. How there are consequence's for your action. You have to watch this movie even though your not a Disney fan or you are just not into cartoons. Is good for both teens and children of any age. Adults will find it suitable. Just please go out and rent this movie. Its So Funny. I gave this movie a 10 out of 10 stars. I will never ever let so one borrow my VHS because a movie this good must be valuable one day.

Dinsey gone Hip Hop

Author: famelovingboy68 from Ammon, Idaho
22 August 2003

Max, the little eleven-year-old on Goof Troop, that's not him in this he's grown up, and this is not what I excpected, it's a rare movie they don't make often. The theme here is old-fashioned dad growing up in the 60's meets your typical 90's teenager. Max is a teenager in this movie after trying to impress Roxanne, the girl of his dreams by performing a Powerline concert with him without telling anybody, something that has great imagination. He gets busted and is threatened to get put in the electric chair so Goofy decides to take him on a fishing trip to Idaho. The films got great music that I enjoy listening to on tape. Max later changes the map so they can go to the Powerline concert in La cause he couldn't see it at the graduation party he had to miss. I can relate this movie to how we all fell sometimes as teenagers. Max is mean spiritted, and tries to avoid being around his dad, and is embarresed by him and slams him for being so old-fashioned and clueless to the teen culture. He evolves towards the end, and changes and is nicer and learns to appreciate and like being around his Goofy dad and except him. In one scence at the possum park Max almost says my life's a living hell but gets cut off by a possum which I got laughs from him decking the Chuckee Cheese like thing trying to Cheer him up in a geeky friendly way. The theme is an odd couple a 90's teen stuck with a goofy old-fashioned dad. This is one of the funniest, best Disney movies ever. There's plenty of slapstick comedy like on Goof Troop.

Probably not what you'd expect.

Author: redneck-6 from Texas, USA
19 August 2001

This one seemed to pass without notice in the theaters which is what I figured it deserved, but upon seeing it some time later on video I was surprised at how much fun this buddies on the road flick really is.

Goofy is, for the most part, the lighthearted walking disaster we'd expect him to be. But surprsingly enough, he shows a serious range of emotion, and actually pulls it off. You really can sense his devotion to his son, Max, and you never have to remind yourself that Goofy would have ever been anything but a deeply caring father. It just works naturally as a genuine extension of his gregarious character. Max himself is believably adoloscent, primarily concerned with getting asked to parties and getting the pretty girl to notice him and hoping his father doesn't publicly humiliate him (which he does, frequently), until his dad forces him along on a fishing trip which becomes a test of conscience for the both of them. The movie mixes Goofy's classic slapstick comedy with serious drama and seems to know just when to switch gears to keep from getting too melodramatic or losing sight of the conflict at the center of the story. In the end, the dramatic bits feel surprisingly honest and human and the comedy is, as I said, classic Goofy schtick. It was made when Disney thought EVERYthing they did had to be a musical, but the songs here work into the story fairly easily, and a couple are even catchy.

The only sad part is that the age group which could probably stand to learn the most from it will unequivocally find it "uncool". Oh well, the younger set as well as more mature people who love to laugh will find it plenty entertaining.

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]