IMDb > Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 9 of 12: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

classic love story

Author: harun0123 from delhi
27 December 2014

this is the best movie i ever see.as DDLJ, is a 1995 Indian romantic drama film. It was written and directed by debutante director Aditya Chopra, produced by his father Yash Chopra, and stars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. The film tells the story of a young couple who fall in love on a European vacation, and relates how the boy tries to win over the girl's parents so that she can marry him rather than the boy that her father has chosen for her. It was filmed in India, London, and Switzerland.The story also aims to capture the struggle between traditional family values and the modern value of individualism.[22] Though Raj and Simran want to be together regardless of her father's plans for her, Raj tries to win over the father rather than simply eloping. In this and other Indian stories, family values are ultimately considered more important than the romantic plot. Individual desires have to take a back seat to moral values and rules of conduct.[23] The film implies that "Indianness" can be defined by the importance of family life: whether at home or abroad, it is the Indian family system that is recognised as the social institution that most defines being Indian.[8]

Masterpiece

Author: mohmdsaifullah
24 December 2014

INCLUDES SPOILERS: It has been 19 years since the movie has released and yet whenever you watch it still seems so fresh. It is a film which we can watch over and over again and yet we won't be bored. This film is an epitome of romantic movies. The characters Raj and Simran pair played by Shahrukh Khan and Kajol respectively is one of their best performances ever and they both deservedly won an film fare award in the respective category. Many scenes from the film are still etched in the heart of moviegoers. Who can forget the scene where Shahrukh Khan says "turn..turn" and Kajol turns to see him,the scene where Raj also fasts for simran and when in the climax Babuji releases simran's hand and says "Go simran..live your life". Many dialogues from the film have become a part of our life like "In big countries, such small things keep happening".Overall it is one of the greatest Bollywood movie ever.

Love is the essence of life

Author: Andy_totem from India
7 December 2014

IT almost 1000 weeks i and don't know what more to write abt this epic which is still lingering in my memories.....

We love this movie cause we learnt to love from srk ..

We learnt to dream with kajol..

We learnt perseverance and patience in testing times..

We learnt to take life lightly laugh it out and accept that its OK to make mistakes , someday u will redeem yourself too and be forgiven..As srk would say "bade bade deshon mein choti choti baatein hoti rehti hai"....

We learnt values of our culture and importance of going to back roots even while enjoying luxury

we learnt to apologise when we hurt others

we learnt to live in love...

DDLJ is one movie which gives me another reason to cherish the past .. Don't take life seriously...love laugh celebrate Life..

Landmark movie in Hindi Cinema

Author: Amey Deshmukh from Pune, India
17 November 2014

No words could be enough to describe the greatness of this movie,"DDLJ" was the one film that started the trend of NRI romances coupled with exotic foreign locations,how raj and simran meet on eurorail and how they end up falling in love with each other describe their initial differences and fights,DDLJ has that amazing "feel good" factor such that you can watch the movie over and over again and still be entertained.Not to forgot the classic songs,ddlj was one of the first big hits of srk,who further solidified his super-stardom with dil to pagal hain and kuchkuchhotahain.A classic that can never be recreated,along with some iconic scenes like the "train scene' at the end of the film,which was poked fun at,in another SRK starrer "Chennai express".

a masterclass:a divine experience

Author: manikagarwal2 from delhi, india
2 June 2013

the mastery attained and the cult following that it enjoys is simply depicted by the fact that it is still running non-stop, 1 show daily since '95 in mumbai.Also it collected over 120 crores 18 years back when films would collect in 8 figures only.... Watched it myself some 30 or more times but can still watch it with praise any no. of times... Its not just any other flick, its an experience n 1 to be felt at least once before leaving for abode above!!!! Superb creation.....Be it acting, comedy, supporting cast, laughs, cries, family values, freaking out,friendship,cinematography,exotic locales, never forgettable music,singers of calibre of lataji, costumes, father-son/father-daughter /mother-daughter relationship, script, dialogues, editing,direction, the effortless shahrukh khan,beautiful actress kajol and their top notch chemistry( considered to be one of the greatest ever on screen pairs of Indian cinema)-- it simply is way at the top..

Awesome movie...

Author: surya_m77 from India
9 February 2013

One of the best thing about this movie is, it is still so fresh and entertaining even after its release 17 years before. I watched it today and enjoyed it thoroughly. I couldn't believe such was the talented team Yash Chopra had for this movie that everything just fell into right place. Be it songs, lyrics, background score. dialogues, acting or cinematography, everything is fabulous and I would proudly and yet with some regret say that no one including Yash Chopra and Aditya Chopra would be able to recreate this magic ever. This movie is masterpiece and I believe it can't be replicated ever. Its just now imprinted in the history. First half of the movie is set in London which has been portrayed very well including other parts of the Europe. Shahrukh khan rocks and after watching this movie one would definitely admit he was once the superstar of Hindi film industry. He had such a huge screen presence that you are just in awe while watching him act and goofing around to woo Kajol. Kajol as usual had talent and this movie gave her right opportunity to showcase it. This film is a great family entertainer and if you are really feeling low or sad due to any reason I would suggest just watch this movie and it will lift your spirits and at least for some moments you will be lost in this eternal tale of love between Raj and Simran.

memorable classic!

Author: vikash sarangi from jamsedpur
5 January 2013

SRK and Kajol are reunited after BAAZIGAR(1993) and KARAN ARJUN(1995) Their chemistry was well shown in BAAZIGAR but its 10 times better in this film

Amrish Puri is a strict man who tries to keep his morals in his two daughters A Eurail trip follows with SRK and Kajol falling in love with each other

This movie is a superb entertainer with some action in the climax But really is its a family film The film also has the scene where the heroine is running towards the train and the hero outstretches his hand to help her

SRK and Kajol are awesome and their chemistry is what makes the film run on its wheels. Amrish Puri impresses as a strict but loving Punjabi Anuphem Kher is good in his role and his hilarious Farida Jalal makes a meek and loving mother

best romantic movei ever!

Author: aman matur from london
28 December 2012

DDLJ has been my all time favourite movie. its a wonderful love story about the second generation Asian youths! Raj the main character played by Shahrukh khan gives a superb performance and equally good as Simran (co-star) played by Kajol!! Its about a girl living in London, who's marriage has been arranged by her father to marry his best friend's son. She accepts her fate until she meets Raj in Europe and falls in love. The movie has won many awards including National Award(in India)for best story. The songs in the movie are also worth listening to, composed by Jatin Lalit which are melodious and romantic. Overall the movie is definitely 10/10, no doubt!!!

this film is a memorable masterpiece from Bollywood, i say this because of the songs and the storyline which still is and always will be one of the best in Indian cinema history. Shah Rukh gives his all time best acting in this film i know you won't agree on me on this but i think all the other films he has made since then he has overacted in them. When i first watched this film it made me cry which was something as i usually don't shed a tear when watching a movie it gave new meaning to the phrase love conquers all. The songs will always be a part of my memories especially tujhe dekha to which Kumar Sanu and Lata Mangeshkar do an absolutely awesome job on. All i can say now is this, thank you Bollywood for this pleasant movie.

An all time classic by YRF......

Author: kumar chandan from India
24 September 2012

DDLJ was a landmark movie in Indian cinema and one of my all time favourite.Yash Chopra has made many classic movies and this stands on top of the list.I really liked SRK and Kajol in the film and for me,their performance in the movie stands out as their best.Both must have given huge hits but I don't think any movie can get better than this.Everything in the movie was awesome be it the acting,dialogue or the songs and music.The film is an all time classic.It was this film that changed the face of Indian cinema in foreign countries and also earned SRK huge fan following.I would never mind watching it again and again. Yash Chopra's movies are always a great pleasure to watch,specially when the lead hero is SRK.I simply can't wait to watch his next release JTHJ and hope it does exceptionally well at the box office!

A memorable classic