Crimson Tide (1995)
- Slightly longer scene at Hunter's daughter's birthday party.
- We see Zimmer saying goodbye to his wife/girlfriend at the base.
- A scene with COB getting a haircut and telling a dirty joke.
- While the officers are watching the news coverage before the briefing where they meet Hunter, there is extended coverage of the news person Sarah interviewing Radchenko. One of the men makes a comment about her breasts.
- This version shows several of the submariners leaving their families, including Lt. Ince (Viggo Mortensen) saluting his son (played by his real son), Marichek, and others.
- Interspersed with the previous extended leaving scene is the submarine movie trivia game on the bus with a few added lines about an invalid question and one owing the other money.
- Hunter's jogging scene before the fire is slightly extended.
- After the drill, in the Captains cabin, Ramsey asks Hunter to speak to COB about his weight, stating a personal aversion to doing it because they've served together so long. He then makes the 'WWIII, ship being sunk, giant octopus" statement.
- Just before encountering the Akula for the first time while getting an EAM, COB reports to Hunter's cabin while Hunter is shaving. Hunter says that the subject is uncomfortable. COB, almost jovial, says he knows he's overweight, but this is his last patrol and he can't stop eating. They laugh. COB tells Hunter that he thinks Hunter and Ramsey merely have a difference of management styles. Then they go get something to eat.
- Just before the Akula launches torpedoes after the winch noise, a comment is made that the Akula is 'range gating' and the sonar tech asks 'What is range gating?' and another says 'It means they have their torpedoes locked on us, stupid!'
- During the explosion of the second torpedo (while Ramsey is still in command), an additional shot of a crewman falling down a ladder is added.
- We see Rivetti leave sonar, saying 'I've gotta take a whiz' when he goes to release Hunter.
- We see COB going into the Naval Inquiry, with Zimmer leaving very upset. COB then leaves, head down. Next, Ramsey is called into the inquiry. All the while we see Hunter waiting. Then he is called in.
- The Admiral asks Hunter if he thinks his recollection of the events differs from his Captain's, just before saying 'I have known Capt Ramsey'... etc.
- Although the overall score is intact, several scenes had different arrangements.