Bye Bye Love (1995) Poster

(1995)

46 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
Best Bad Date Scene
rj-2013 March 2000
I am a single dad and I enjoyed this movie a lot! I laughed and I cried. I loved the bad date scene with Randy Quaid and Jeanne Garafalo. She played the bad date to perfection. The movie was not perfect but it was a commendable attempt to bring some humor to a subject which seems far from humurous when you are going thru it. Very entertaining!
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Not just about divorce, but about fathers.....
marksa20 June 2001
Call me easily amused, but I think this is a movie more likely to be accepted by those who can relate, having had similar experiences - both hilarious and heartwrenching.

The three main characters are divorced dads, each with their own trials in dealing with the ex-spouses and their teenage and young children. My favorite is Randy Quaid, although he is the most bitter. The scene with "Our House" cracks me up everytime I see it; "Go Red Sox" and of course, "The Date." Matthew Modine portrays the ever insatiable Playboy; he, his kids and his Ex, Amy Brenneman, all have some great lines. And last, the longingly in denial and reluctantly divorced Dad, Paul Reiser, aka the "BIRTH FATHER."

*SEMI-SPOILER* In response to a comment posted by Sherlock regarding the "Mickey D's worker and the old guy sub-plot," the old guy is a father with his grown children far away and the young guy has no father in his life; basically, they are both lonely and forgotten people who find their mutual needs help each other remedy their unhappy situations.

Definitely a feel good movie, see it for Randy Quaid, if nothing else.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Single fathers and their hang ups.
mifunesamurai7 February 2003
A look at modern day divorced American single fathers and their attachment to McDonalds! It has some sincere and funny moments that make it worth the while but as always, when Hollywood gets to close to the truth, it turns to a TV soap style of resolution.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
For those starting over, this film is a touching and truthful inspiration for things to come
Amy Adler7 August 2007
Dave (Matthew Modine), Vic (Randy Quaid), and Donny (Paul Reiser) are a trio of friends and divorced fathers. Dave has a beautiful new young girlfriend named Kim (Maria Pitillo) but still sports a wandering eye. Vic, whose soul was definitely bruised by his ex-wife, is just agreeing to go on a blind date with Lucille (Janeane Garofalo). As for Donny (Paul Reiser), he is also having severe trouble moving on, holding his former wife in high esteem, even though she has remarried. All of the men have children that they love deeply and who fall into their custody at the appropriate times. Yet, meeting their former mates at such places as McDonald's, in order to exchange their children, still gives everyone a pang of hurt. Will Dave learn to commit himself to one woman? Will Vic let go of his resentments and take a chance on a new love? And will Donny realize his ex is never coming back and give himself permission to love someone else, even if it is Dave's former wife (Amy Brenneman)? As for the kids, will they be able to weather their parents divorce, too? This is a truthful and touching film about divorce in modern America. Yes, it is very common now, making life complicated, especially when children are involved. But, even so, it is not the end of the world, as all of the men, women, and kids discover in this movie. All of the actors are wonderful, with Quaid, especially, giving an extremely humorous and thoughtful performance. Special mention should also go to Garofalo for her drop-dead-funny, neurotic-yet-lovable portrayal of a divorcée. Then, too, the California setting is lovely, the costumes very well chosen, and the production values quite high. Most of all, the script is funny, original, and brutally honest. If you have been down the divorce highway, you should definitely make time for this film. It will help heal wounds with its laughs and sensitivity. But, even if you just want to find a film that will let you "yuck it up", this one is a terrific choice.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Very likeable picture of modern American life
bhouser8 April 2000
My love for this movie is a bit of a mystery. It seems Bye, Bye, Love would appeal most to divorced parents looking for some redemption for their messed up lives. But I'm a single guy in his thirties who grew up in a very healthy family.

But every time I catch this movie replaying on one of the movie channels, I just can't switch away. I guess it appeals to me because it does many things well. Bye, Bye, Love has strong, well-developed, interesting characters. It has comedy, romance, and tension. It makes good use of music and includes some great familiar tunes. The acting is superb. And it paints a pretty realistic picture of what it's like to be a divorced parent in modern America (I assume) while being quite entertaining.

I'm surprised this movie hasn't gotten more attention as it remains one of my all-time favorites.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Touching, in a humerous way. . .
laishers13 September 2001
WARNING: This review contains a couple of PLOT POINTS and

SCENE SPOILERS; if you do not wish to find out too much about

this movie, then please DO NOT READ.

This film is often billed as a comedy on television, but in fact this is

not entirely accurate. People often associate comedy with films

such as "Airplane!", or "Hot Shots", but anybody looking for this

kind of humour is going to be a little disappointed. "Bye Bye Love"

simply tries to bring the subject of divorce, with all the benefits and

the costs it can have, in a comical fashion, admittedly, but it does

not let the production be ruled by laughs and gags. In fact, it is

doused with only a sprinkling of laughs, particularly in the middle

of the film itself.

The film itself is also incredibly effective at relaying the message it

brings, and leaves the audience with some doubt as to whether

divorce is the answer to an unhappy relationship - but it also

enforces that it is not the end of the world.

When the jokes do come in, to relieve some of the tension in the

film, they are usually quick and simple, and all the cast deliver with

skill. The real star of the show, however, has got to be Randy

Quaid (Vic), who plays a spectacular performance and brings out

the best comical content in his scenes, particularly those involving

his wife's porch, his date (played by Janeane Garofalo, a good foil

against Quaid) and his reactions to Dr. David Townsend (played

superbly by Rob Reiner).

In all, the film tackles some important issues about married life

and the problems that can happen, without ever taking itself too

seriously, and in the end, it's hard to say how the film might have

improved itself.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Divorce American style
jotix10010 April 2006
Divorce is a pervasive fact of life in our society. The three men at the center of the story, Vic, Donny, and Dave, have recently been divorced. It appears that all three have gone through friendly separations, as in all three cases, children are involved. Since the kids are under the mother's custody, the fathers have the right to get them for week-end visits.

All three friends seem somewhat adjusted to their new realities. Vic, looks as the most grounded man of the trio. Donny, is the saddest case, and Dave, who is a wishy washy man, is trying his hand at a new relationship with a much younger woman. The wives, on the other hand, have moved on with their lives. The three women appear to have no problems with their new status.

The exchange of children occurs in a suburban McDonald's, a neutral territory. This is a type of "brand placing" that Hollywood films love to show. Fast food, alas, stands for an allegory of what's missing with most marriages these days when most families don't even share a meal together. There is also the talk radio personality who is in the air taking calls from divorced people and advising them what to do, yet, he doesn't even have a clue about what he is talking about; after all, he's been married five times!

The acting is adequate. The best thing in the film is Randy Quaid, who as Vic, makes the most of his role. Janeane Garofalo appears as a date from hell, in a funny sequence. The ensemble cast does fine work under Sam Weisman's direction.

The sad fact of this story is that all these children, we see in the film, will probably go through divorces in their own lives.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Underrated THIS MOVIE IS A GEM!
mojo200419 September 2004
I loved this movie from the start and I still love it.Fifty times no make that 100 times beter than "Parenthood" it had good actors that matched their character's personalities to me.I'm a huge fan of Mathew Modine but the two best actors were Randy Quaid and Janeane Garofalo.Both were adorable and funny.All the kids were good too and kudos to Paul Rieser for a heartwarming performance with screen daughter Eliza Dushku.One bad thing-the pairing of the best friend with his buddy's ex-wife.Bull! They didn't have to go there.I bought this movie and I can watch it everyday.Funny,sweet, and I'm sure all families of divorce wish it was as easy as the movie made it.

9/10 stars
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Very funny! Wonderfully cast
Sloe19 January 1999
Good chemistry between the characters - whether it's friends, parents, ex's, or lovers. The timing was right on, and everyone delivered.

Great casting from the Radio Psychologist (Rob Reiner) down to the last little kid.

Randy Quaid is one actor that usually needs tempering in his roles.....but not this one. He managed to be outrageous, testosterone laden, and rough-cut without sacrificing the depth of his character.

This was also the first movie in which I'd seen Janeane Garofalo (aka "The Date"), and I immediately added her to my list of favorites. I've since rented several other of her films, all of which I've enjoyed - especially "The Truth About Cats & Dogs".

Also keep an eye out for Mae Whitman ("Michele") - She needs a little more seasoning, but someday this kid is going to have "Oscar-winner" in front of her name.

A thoroughly enjoyable film.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Talk Radio
sol-9 January 2017
Life is not easy for three divorced fathers who meet every weekend at a fast food diner to collect their kids from their exes in this mix of comedy and drama starring Matthew Modine, Randy Quaid and Paul Reiser. Each provides a heartfelt performance and Rob Reiner is also solid as a 'radio shrink' whose intermittent broadcasts seem to taunt the trio as he laments the state of marriage today and constantly sides with the wives when discussing divorce. For all the angst that the film builds up - suggesting that fathers always lose out in the divorce process - the comedy treatment dulls any axe that the film has to grind. Janeane Garofalo has the funniest scene of the film as an awful first date whose rampant feminism amusingly gets in the way of all conversation (and dining), however, her scenes are far removed from the divorce woes at the heart of the film. The film indeed works best when it is not trying to be funny with a memorable scene early on in which one father gets very annoyed at his ex-wife spending her alimony payments on her car rather than the kids. Another great scene has one of the men staring out of the window at his ex-wife's lazy new lover, sunbathing with sunglasses on, moping around and doing nothing. The sense of indignation in this segment is quite heartfelt ("how could she prefer him to me?") without the need for a single word to be uttered. As mentioned though, the movie is mostly comedy and never an especially engaging one at that. The film's heart is certainly in the right place, but a slight change of tone could have done wonders here.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Well done
headfulofghosts1261 September 2002
This is a very enjoyable little movie and after seven years and numerous viewings, I still watch it every time it's on TV. Of all the movies I've seen dealing with divorce and broken homes this one comes the closest to portraying what it was like (at least for me and my family). Best of all, it's not a depressing downer of a movie. It's fun to watch and emotional at the same time. The most effective part of the film for me was the relationship between Paul Reiser and his daughter since it reminded me so much of my dad and sister. All of the actors are extremely well chosen (minus the very bland Mathew Modine). It handles the topic of divorce responsibly and doesn't load on the melodramatics. For anyone who's gone through a divorce and wondered "Now what?", or a child of divorce... you should get a lot of this movie. I really, really liked it.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Brats R Us
Vibiana30 June 2006
Janeane Garafalo and Randy Quaid are the only bright spots in this flick. Ed Flanders (in his last role) has some good moments, but is basically wasted.

It was hard to feel much empathy for the "victimized" children of divorce here. "Ben," the screen son of Matthew Modine's character, needed his butt torn off and his mouth nailed shut in my opinion. And "Emma," the screen daughter of Paul Reiser's character, was nothing but a spoiled, miserable brat. She could have used a trip on the clue bus to the land of reality.

Randy Quaid's kids were actually kind of cute. Maybe because Randy Quaid's character was more believable as a father than those of either of his co-stars.
10 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One giant McDonald's commercial.
Wayne Smith3 June 2003
I have seen this movie twice now and I have to post my opinions as to why this movie is crap in terms of writing, directing, and editing... possibly even casting.

"Bye Bye, Love" stars the TV star, Paul Reiser, as a guy who divorced his wife for reasons we never really know... and he is still in love with her. Matthew Modine plays an always smiling (never acting) "charmer." Randy Quaid plays another odd character that never is well developed because the movie has too many plots and characters to really focus on anyone in particular.

One thing that sickens me about this movie is how much blatant advertising is done within it. Off the top of my head, I remember Kettle Chips, Minute Maid, and last and certainly not least, McDonald's. I bet MickeyD's patroned the entire movie, to show that divorcees should meet there every weekend to trade their kids, seeing as the divorce rate in America is over 50% of all married couples. What a demographic to hit for! I never heard of people meeting at fast food restaurants to exchange their kids for the weekend before this.

Next thing, Eliza Dushku hitting on the guy who works at McDonalds? How realistic is that? Yes, I realize all of you Buffy fans that she is "Faith" but it doesn't make up for the fact that her character was undeveloped and weak. For example, when she gets drunk and screams at her father and says all of that typical "i broke up the marriage" crap... where did any of that come from? We are given no clues as to why she's angry except for Reiser's "that age between 13 and 36" quote.

The chronology in this movie was hard to follow, too, because most of the scenes played independent to the others, while going back and forth between the 40 stories going on. The music montages added to the story, making it even worse than it already was. The lovely "wrap-up" at the end really made the story feel like it ended at a very awkward place. The climax was very... semi-climatic. Quaid's character is a rollercoaster of uncertainty. He's not a dynamic character... he's a schiz. So is his lovely date, Garafolo.

This movie doesn't give insight as to what men are going through after a divorce... it gives what women want men to be like. I would only recommend this movie to people who want to be brainwashed by Dr. Laura-esque psychology and the mesmers at McDonalds.
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A Poignant, Touching, Believable Look at Dads After Divorce
Susan S1 December 2010
This film really explores the roles that children and fathers are placed in after divorce. It is far more than a comedy as it explores some of the situations and feelings that are present in the divorced family that includes kids.

This is a truly likable, wonderfully enjoyable, fun movie with enough comedy to make it laughable, but enough perspective to make a someone examine the roles of a family before and after divorce.

This movie is a true keeper for our family. We watch it about 3 times a year.

Highly recommended in my opinion.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Harmless entertainment, disappointing family matters. Rate 5/10.
Grafiq13 November 2001
I'm SHOCKED at the number of comments claiming this to be a "great," "best," "touching," "poignant," "believable" movie or the like. If you treasure shallow, emotionally cheapened drama laced in mostly banal humor then this may be in your treasure chest.

Granted, 'Bye, Bye, Love' is harmless entertainment with several anecdotal family or relationship moments strewn throughout. But let's keep it in perspective, folks. It's not garbage, but this is no 'Parenthood' or 'Author, Author' either.

This movie may hit home only if you view life from the perspective of a pampered, 14 year-old middle to upper-middle class teenager who learned about life from TV. It is chock full of one-dimensional caricatures of married life, divorce and parenthood. It rarely mimics real life unless you've lived your adult life at the maturity level of teenage relationships and priorities.

Grab your wife or girlfriend, even the kids (it's pretty safe), maybe some snacks and sit together for a couple hours of diluted, Reader's Digest-style family entertainment. Expect nothing more.

I must agree with others that the scenes involving the characters of Janeane Garofalo and Randy Quaid are priceless, standout comedy treasures, but wasted in a film about adults acting like children acting like adults.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Janeane Garofalo saves the film.
emauser13 August 2001
Saves it from a whopping '1' rating, that is. She was the only thing interesting in this film with her great performance as a psycho-date. The rest of the film was shoddily put together with pointless dramatic scenes, (the girl imprisons herself in a tree house and everyone comes running? Please...) and obvious comedic inserts to break whatever tension that somehow amounted. Overall it's a crummy film...airlines shouldn't even view it for risk of starting a complimentary peanut-throwing riot.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Terrible Movie
filmbuff197024 May 2002
The first 15 minutes are set in Macdonalds.it feels like an extended advert for them.The plot goes nowhere slowly and as for this being a comedy,its just not funny.i did not laugh once. i had the misfortune of seeing this at the cinema.Pathetic.1 out of 10
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A feel-good movie, if you've never seen anything better
Welsh_Corgie12 February 2005
To begin, I'll admit that I bought the movie because Eliza Dushku was in it. Plus, I find Paul Reiser funny for some reason. When I started playing this movie, a weird feeling hit me, and it never left me after that point. It was a feeling of dread, perhaps. Bye Bye Love is trite. It's hard for me to call a movie trite because I find myself being one-note on occasion. The movie was a long string of inconsequential one-liners punctuated by stressed emotional moments. I really liked Janeane Garofalo here, as a crazy blind date for Randy Quaid, who was the most genuine of the three father-actors(Matthew Modine, Reiser, and Quaid). The B-plot of the movie seemed to shift focus between Rob Reiner's lousy radio psychiatrist and Ed Flanders as an old man trying to find use for himself as a McDonald's employee(in his last role, wasted on this movie). Reiner provides the psych evaluation of divorcées, and the segue into the weekend ritual of swapping kids(at the corporate sponsor of the movie, McDonald's, whose ominous flags and arches loom in the background of too many of the exterior shots), and gets his comeuppance at the end of the movie, at the hands of Quaid. This seems like a good John Hughes movie gone terribly, terribly wrong, complete with silly montages and the expository scene at the end where everybody has a revelation and warm feelings. I think someone was trying to package this movie as a The Big Chill 'the next step,' with the requisite soundtrack(including much Everly Brothers, hence the name of the movie). One thing that creeped me out about this movie was the presence of both Amber Benson and Lindsay Crouse, and Dushku, who all worked together again in the fourth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Danny Masterson was also present, as the stereotypical stoner/drunk kid, and in blink-and-you'll-miss-them roles were Jack Black as a party DJ and Steven Root as a disgruntled neighbor.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Film about why never to data a parent.
benfranklin1005 April 2006
Not a horrible film, but no real moments of genius either. Sickeningly domestic, saccharine Hollywood puppet-show that might be entertaining to goody-two-shooed fluoride-poisoned Homonis-Domesticus "Outraged Fathers" and "Mad-Mothers" but, to the rest of us, will reek of suburban-ticket-sale-pandering.

Still, the script was decent, and the acting was fairly solid. It was better than most movies of it's kind and I must shamefully confess to having laughed a few times. Overall, it was a good movie with a good script and good actors; it's just a shame it was centered about such pedestrian and urbane material.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Watchable, But a Film That Does Not Know What It Wants to Convey.
tfrizzell2 July 2002
Recently divorced pals Matthew Modine, Randy Quaid and Paul Reiser tackle new relationships, their ex-wives and their disgruntled children in this strange little film that is never sure where it wants to go with the audience. The cast is very likeable. Rob Reiner does some excellent work as a radio talk show therapist who is despised by the key players. However comedy comes and goes and the drama feels forced on too many occasions. On a sad note, excellent character-actor Ed Flanders committed suicide shortly after completing this film. 2.5 out of 5 stars.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Stay Single
dwissba5 August 2009
This movie is a good example that all men should stay single in America. Its about three single dads (Matthew Modine, Randy Quaid and Paul Reiser)who meet every weekend at the local Mcdonalds to pick up their kids from their ex-wives. They are shown going through the hardships of being single dads and dealing with their former wives spending the child support money on things other than the kids. The ex-wives are correctly shown I feel of how women in America have the upper hand in divorce, as them being first, kids second ex husbands last. Aside from that this film sucks. The three men in this movie are nothing but a bunch of wimps who need to grow up but instead sit through the whole film complaining about who their ex-wives may be seeing, dealing with their own incapacity with seeing new women and how to talk to their children. I know this film comes off as a light hearted comedy but it got no laughs from me. The one thing it does show correctly is what marriage has become in America these days. How selfish grown-ups can be and that kids in marriage are nothing more than part of the deal...Ya know we have a house, two cars, cat and dog and now we need kids. If it does not work than oh well cause its all about me after all.

The date scene in the restaurant between Quiad and Janeane Garofalo is so poorly written as to be embarrassing. She was the date from hell that could not make up her mind about what she wanted to order and by the time the scene ended I was so exhausted I wanted to scream. Janeane Garofalo character served no useful purpose except to irritate the audience. She was poorly mis-cast.

Stay single guys***

This has to be the longest product placement(Mcdonalds)in film history
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A Little Gem
RNMorton26 December 2006
Y'know when I first saw this I thought it was very TV movie-ish and pretty stupid. It has grown on me since then, now I may tune in and stay awhile when it comes across the screen. Film focuses on three very different male friends, each coping with divorce and juggling kids and romance as best they can. There's a ton of then- and future-notables out there -- among others, we get treated to an absolutely stunning Brenneman and future looker Dushku as Reiser's troubled teen. Ed Flanders in his last film is superb as a oldtimer who just enjoys hanging a little with the kids. The closing credit wrap-up has been overdone but it plays very well in the finale of this one. Can't explain the lousy IMDb ratings, this movie deserves better.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
To Get On With Life
jhclues15 September 2000
A sometimes humorous, but more often poignant look at the trials and tribulations of divorce and trying to get on with life is covered in `Bye Bye, Love,' directed by Sam Weisman. Told primarily through the perspective of three divorced fathers, it offers an overview of what has increasingly become a significant segment of family life in America. Donny (Paul Reiser) hasn't yet accepted that it's over between himself and his ex, Claire (Jayne Brook); he still feels too much for her. He tells his friends he'll start dating again when it feels right (It's been three years). At the same time, he's having trouble communicating with his fourteen -year-old daughter, Emma (Eliza Dushku), who, according to Donny, is in `That difficult age group: twelve through thirty-five.' Dave (Matthew Modine) has a fairly amicable relationship with his ex, Susan (Amy Brenneman), but still shies away from commitment, and has a string of girlfriends. At one point his son, Ben (Ross Malinger), asks if they could wear name tags to make it easier on him. Vic (Randy Quaid) has the hardest time of all; he and his ex, Grace (Lindsay Crouse) are barely civil to one another, which, of course, makes handling the situation with the kids all the more difficult. The film does a nice job of addressing the various dilemmas faced by all involved, including the children, without ever delving too deeply or getting so serious as to take the story in an entirely different direction; from the Friday transfers of the kids from mom to dad, to the attempts at weekend `bonding' with their children by the fathers who desperately want to stay close, to the needs of all the adults to find the love and relationships necessary to move on with their lives. There's some memorable moments, as well, here; one is a thoughtful sequence played against Mary Chapin Carpenter's wistful song `Stones In The Road,' and another is an especially hilarious scene in which Vic has a blind date with a young divorcee named Lucille (Janeane Garofalo), which starts off badly and goes downhill from there. Their dinner together at an Italian restaurant is priceless; pure classic comedy. Another nice touch to the overall story is using a young man, Max (Johnny Whitworth), who works at McDonald's and is training Walter (Ed Flanders), a seventy-year-old working on the `adopt a geezer' program, as a kind of before and after contrast to where Donny, Vic and Dave are currently at in their own lives. Max is just entering the arena of romance; he has an eye for Vic's daughter, Meg (Amber Benson), while Walter is a widower who lost his wife after forty-eight years of marriage, and still pines for her. Interjected throughout is another nice bit, as radio talk-show-host-marriage-counselor Dr. David Townsend (Rob Reiner) of station KGAB dispenses advice even as he prepares for his own fifth wedding. The supporting cast includes Maria Pitillo (Kim), Dana Wheeler-Nicholson (Heidi) and Pamela Dillman (Sheila). The performances are good all around, most notably Reiser, who conveys his angst and frustration particularly well, and Quaid, whose bitterness and caustic sarcasm are almost tangible. The real standout here, however, is Garofalo, who takes hold of a lesser role and absolutely shines, creating a singularly unforgettabe character in Lucille. This may not be a masterpiece, but it's a good movie, and one you're going to want to see more than once (or even twice). Anyone who has ever been married, divorced, a parent, a kid or any of the above, will find something here with which to identify. `Bye Bye, Love,' is sometimes funny, sometimes bittersweet and touching, and one you're going to remember and, I think, appreciate. I rate this one 8/10.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
a looooong Mcdonald´s commercial why?
ángel29 May 2000
Nothing closer than anarchy than an "easy" comedy (remember the great comedians- Chaplin, Marx brothers, Keaton). Nothing closer than dumb comedy than a "normal" one. It seems that for this film (Bye bye...) McDonald´s gave the money and ideas- everything was orange color... Although, there´s some funny situations in Bye, bye..., the entire film is gross and dizzy; there´s not much "reality" in plot and characters. Just a deep male self piety, sick and fool. Men are victims again, but are not valiant enough to love each other, the reason are children.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One reason to watch this movie
Movman5 August 1999
Jaenene is the only reason to watch this film. If you rent it fast forward to her part and then turn it off because it is not a good movie. There is one other funny bit with Paul Reiser but other than the movie is terrible. Not suprisingly it has Mathew Modine in it who for someone reason keeps turning up in movies. I figured Ethan Hawke would suck up all his roles since the two are almost indistinguishable or however you spell that word. So if you are huge fan of Janeane like I am then watch for her small but very funny role and then keep watching at your own risk just remember that you were warned.